The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-16-2013, 06:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

Priceless that's the correct word. How beautiful these pix are !!!

Old 07-17-2013, 06:38 AM
Courtier

Haakons LEGSSSSSSSSSS

Old 07-17-2013, 07:41 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Yes the pictures are cute ... but should have stayed in their own photo album. Sorry, this is too much of a PR stunt for me.
Seriously, what's the point of posing this way?
Old 07-17-2013, 07:52 AM
Courtier

I think it was a good opportunity to stage an official photoshoot (that was imminent and due these days, as there´s often a media-photocall when the family is in Dvergsöya) in a different way than the usual ones. And why then not include the puppies as they seem to be the CP family´s main private interest right now! From a photographic point of view it was pretty obvious to "use" them for the photoshoot.
Old 07-17-2013, 08:46 AM
Serene Highness

What will they do with all the puppies? Keeping all of them?
Bye Bine
Old 07-17-2013, 04:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bine221 View Post
What will they do with all the puppies? Keeping all of them?
Bye Bine
They will keep only one
Old 07-17-2013, 06:51 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairy tale
There are plenty of pictures of the CP Family with their new puppies (that are now one month old).
The Royal House of Norway - Valper
Great pictures, also HQ when you enlarge them. Make sure to also look at the second and third page, the pictures are adorable

The pictures were taken at the family's holiday home at Dvergsøya, the second week of July (published 12.07.2013 - Photo: Veronica Melå / Utenfor Allfarvei AS / the Royal Court)
Thank you for posting, fairy tale

I like the photos of Ingrid Alexandra and the puppies, they're very sweet. My favourites are the ones of her lying with them. The photo of Mette-Marit kissing one of the puppies is also very nice. I also like how some of the photos are black and white as well as colour.
"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Join my new group!
Old 07-17-2013, 08:14 PM
Gentry

Nice, relaxing atmosphere, looking truly like the lazy hazy days of summer vacation. Though the puppies are adorable, I too thought it was somewhat irresponsible not to get their dog fixed. Or was the breeding intentional?
Old 07-17-2013, 09:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

Did they take these pictures themselves? They look very amateurish. The children are really so beautiful, but I thought the pictures of them lying down were too intimate for the public, I wouldnt want my children exposed like that.
Old 07-17-2013, 10:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Yes the pictures are cute ... but should have stayed in their own photo album. Sorry, this is too much of a PR stunt for me.
Seriously, what's the point of posing this way?
For better or for worse, these types of photo sessions seem to be the wave of the future, at least with some of the European Royals. I remember the photo session with Felipe and Letizia and their two young daughters taken last summer aroused similar controversy, but for different reasons.

I personally think the photos are beautiful, but would probably have selected only one or two for publication and saved the rest for the family photo album.
Old 07-18-2013, 07:31 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylla View Post
Nice, relaxing atmosphere, looking truly like the lazy hazy days of summer vacation. Though the puppies are adorable, I too thought it was somewhat irresponsible not to get their dog fixed. Or was the breeding intentional?

Well, a dog shouldn´t be fixed all the time, should it? Besides from that I´m pretty sure it was intentional, as the father´s name ("Snorre", a "handsome and elegant gentleman-dog" as the royal children´s webside put it)) is also known.
So it wasn´t just any unknown dog from the neighbourhood....
Old 07-18-2013, 02:16 PM
Courtier

Maybe that is my love for dogs...but I think this photoshoot is one of the best in recent years among European royals=)

http://vsemogutkoroli.blogspot.com/
Old 07-18-2013, 02:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Aw, what heart can't be warmed by the sight of children and puppies! It makes me want to jump right in among that cuddly mass of fur and giggle like a kid myself.
Old 07-18-2013, 09:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenofcelts View Post
Maybe that is my love for dogs...but I think this photoshoot is one of the best in recent years among European royals=)
Same here, I find it utterly charming!

The Belgians(Philippe and Mathilde and their children) also do enchanting photo shoots.
Old 07-19-2013, 07:35 AM
Heir Presumptive

[QUOTE=

The Belgians(Philippe and Mathilde and their children) also do enchanting photo shoots.[/QUOTE]
They are both lovely, loving families. You can't fake that in photos.
Old 08-24-2013, 08:32 AM
Heir Presumptive

More new photos of the puppies

The NRF published again 11 new pictures of the puppies, also together with Ingrid Alexandra and Sverre Magnus

After living their first months in Skaugum and Dvergsøya the puppies have now gone to their new homes - all except one, who will continue to live with the CP Family at Skaugum (the one we saw at the birthday service).
The pictures are from August, and are the last pictures before the puppies went to their new owners.
kongehuset.no - Nye hjem
Google Translation

Here some extracted pictures in HQ:
with Ingrid Alexandra
with Sverre Magnus 1
with Sverre Magnus 2
Old 08-24-2013, 09:04 AM
Heir Presumptive

They are such cute puppies and the photos with the children are lovely. :)
Old 08-24-2013, 10:00 AM
Serene Highness

Just looked at the picture of the puppies. They are cute. What breed of dog are they?
Old 08-24-2013, 12:30 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

According to this article in Hello, Milly Kakao is a Labradoodle. I think that's what the puppies are too (I'm not sure what breed their father is).

I like the new photos of the children and the puppies, I imagine that the CP family found it hard to say farewell to them. I think the photo shoot looked quite relaxed, which is nice.
"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Join my new group!
Old 08-24-2013, 01:01 PM
Heir Apparent

When Princess I-A was very small she resembled her mother Mette-Marit, but now that she is growing up she looks more and more like Haakon when he was a child-amazing!

"Milly Kakao" is a very unusual name for a dog. I wonder how they came up with it?

Anyway, that "puppy series" was probably the most enchanting family photo shoot that I have ever seen with any Royal family. And I can only imagine how difficult it was for Haakon, Mette-Marit and the children to have to part with their adorable little friends!

Tags
norwegian photoshoot, norwegian royals, photoshoot, prince haakon, princess mette-marit