The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-21-2008, 09:11 AM
Commoner

This must be the Royal Family's way of showing the world that in the future we will be seeing less and less of Marius. Haakon and Mette Marit are finally showing their true colors -- the only children that really count in the Royal Family are their two. Please don't use the excuse that Marius was away with his father. They knew he was going and if they really had wanted to include Marius they could have scheduled the photoshoot while he was there. Haakon and Mette Marit are turning out to be "wonderful" parents to their children but it is obvious that as time goes by Marius has less and less "value" in their family. Shame on them for excluding him. That convenient excuse that he is "with his father" is just that -- an excuse so they don't look bad to the press and the public.

Old 07-21-2008, 11:55 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsme View Post
This must be the Royal Family's way of showing the world that in the future we will be seeing less and less of Marius. Haakon and Mette Marit are finally showing their true colors -- the only children that really count in the Royal Family are their two. Please don't use the excuse that Marius was away with his father. They knew he was going and if they really had wanted to include Marius they could have scheduled the photoshoot while he was there. Haakon and Mette Marit are turning out to be "wonderful" parents to their children but it is obvious that as time goes by Marius has less and less "value" in their family. Shame on them for excluding him. That convenient excuse that he is "with his father" is just that -- an excuse so they don't look bad to the press and the public.
Wooow! that was a very unfair comment... it was not the first time Marius did not appear in a photo session...

Old 07-21-2008, 01:11 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalist View Post
Wooow! that was a very unfair comment... it was not the first time Marius did not appear in a photo session...
Royalist, I completely agree. Mette-Marit and Haakon have shown more than once their deep love for Marius in the public. To say that Marius has been excluded from the photo session on purpose and that Mette-Marit and Haakon have finally shown their true faces is more than harsh and unfair. I don't think that anyone can doubt that Marius is part of this family. He lives together with his mother, step-father and siblings and they take care of him and pay for his education. However the difference is that Marius is not an official member of the royal family, but a member of Mette-Marits and Hakoon lets say "private" family. Though he has been portrayed on the official web-side of the royal family, he holds no royal titles and has no official duties to fulfil.
As far as I know his real father is married as well. I think it is quite normal that spends his vacation with his mothers and his fathers families. This is no big deal and should not be exaggerated.
Old 07-21-2008, 03:21 PM
Serene Highness

http://i35.tinypic.com/2mh7byh.jpg

thanks for the photos :) i love the look on marcus face, (get used to waiting, little guy, for the rest of your life, you'll be waiting for your sister, LOL my hubby has 4 sisters and it drives him crazy, i think it's funny....royal or not, it seems some things are the same all over the world

i've never got the impression marius was anything but a well loved and protected young man. the photos i've seen suggest a warm and affectionate relationship with the King and Queen, a close bond between his little sister and brother and a cordial relationship between his father and the royal family.

He seems to be growing up into a fine, respectful young man, suddenly thrust into a spotlight and scrutiny (thinking of the heart breaking photos of him in the tabloids at this grandfathers funeral) and handling it better than some "born to it" and twice his age. Royal or not he's one of my favorites because he always seems such a fine boy. the photos of him and ingrid are always precious, (she has got him so wrapped around her little finger, it's so sweet). i'm sorry he missed this photo shoot, i would have loved to see him.... He's old enough to decide what he is comfortable doing, perhaps he didn't want to be at the shoot but with his father on vacation.

my favorite photo of ingrid hugging her dad is one of the sweetest things (it's already been linked twice in above posts) she is such a personality, with her lively face and twinkling eyes, she's a joy to watch grow up.

thanks again for all the links
Old 07-21-2008, 03:58 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbb View Post
http://i35.tinypic.com/2mh7byh.jpg

thanks for the photos :) i love the look on marcus face, (get used to waiting, little guy, for the rest of your life, you'll be waiting for your sister, LOL my hubby has 4 sisters and it drives him crazy, i think it's funny....royal or not, it seems some things are the same all over the world
Marcus? he is sverre magnus
Old 07-21-2008, 04:03 PM
Courtier

Such a lovely family, thanks for all the pics!
Old 07-21-2008, 04:36 PM
Serene Highness

OOOPPiiiiiii thanks for keeping me straight, geez i'm hitting my head with a stick
Old 07-21-2008, 04:41 PM
Serene Highness

I agree with everyone here, knowing CP Hakkon and Mette-Marit, if Marius wanted to be a part of the photo session, they would of included him. Maybe after the bad experience from his grandfathers funeral, HE decided he didn't want to be a part of the photo-shoot. Hakkon has been nothing but loving with Marius, look at how the two interact when together. At Marius age, I probably would want to remain a private citizen too.
Old 07-21-2008, 08:46 PM
Nobility

More articles and pictures here:

Gratulerer med dagen, Haakon! - SEHER.NO : Norske kongehus

Slik var Haakons bursdag - SEHER.NO : Norske kongehus

Bakte kanelboller til pappa - VG Nett om Kronprinsparet

Crown Prince turns 35 - Aftenposten.no
Old 07-22-2008, 06:29 PM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

I think that the Crown Prince and his family shows love for Marius every time they can do it. He has also a great relationship with the King and the Queen, even if they're not his real Grandparents. But he needs to be with his own father time to time and summer holidays is a god moment to spend some time with him...

I think we will see more pics of Marius along with his "royal siblings"...Don't be so anxius. He won't be excluded!

Vanesa.
Old 07-22-2008, 06:46 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Thank you all for the lovely pictures.
MM & Haakon looked lovely, very loving couple. Each time I see them together its seems they are newly in love.
The children get cutier each time we see them. Magnus looks like a very yet naughty child for some reason, he gets handsomer day by day Ingrid looks like she is dad's little spoiled girl which is really cute IMO
Old 07-23-2008, 09:57 AM
Courtier

Where is Marius?, I hope that i have spelled the name in the right way, If I am wrong, some one please correct me.
1 more thing , Haakon has grown his beard and put on weight

Thanks In Advance.

Shikha Pal
Old 07-23-2008, 10:31 AM
Heir Presumptive

It is disgusting to interpret Marius absence in such a way !
He is visibly very much a member of the Royal Family
Old 07-23-2008, 01:32 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Im 100% sure they didnt leave him out on purpose. The boy might be with his father on holiday & if not mistaken he holidays with his dad every other year (someone please correct me if im wrong)
Old 07-23-2008, 09:51 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Im 100% sure they didnt leave him out on purpose. The boy might be with his father on holiday & if not mistaken he holidays with his dad every other year (someone please correct me if im wrong)
Yes I think I've read something like that before. That Marius alternates spending his holidays between his mom and dad.
Old 07-24-2008, 07:01 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
He spends part of his summer vacation with his mother and part with his father. He was up in Svalbard with Haakon and Mette-Marit straight after school ended, and is/was on holiday with his father (part of the time, at least) when they were out on the island.

We'll probably also get a photo shoot in late August, like last year with the bikes at Skaugum, where he'll also be included.
Old 07-24-2008, 09:37 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

thanks for the pictures. pitty that marius is not around but i don't see any bad purpose. maye he didn't want to or didn't care. he's old enough to decide for himself and haakon & the monarch couple have proven often enough that marius is as much valued as family member as the other kids. the kids, yes, they are very cute and this family imo is the most natural and down to earth of all cp couples. no forced smile or posing or showing off. if haakon had been a plasterer and not a cp it would not have made a difference - they would look quite the same, sitting somewhere relaxed with the kids and just being themselves. thank god they are not dressing their kids alike or dress up ia as a doll as she's more of a tomboy anyway. looks like they tried a bit though that would explain that ridiculous bow in ia's hair.

mm seems to be a really good cook. haakon has gained quite some weight at least it shows in his face, it's pretty full.
Old 07-25-2008, 07:24 AM
Serene Highness
TRF Author

Beautiful pictures! These children are really cute. The love that Ingrid shows for her father is something beautiful to watch.

I am not sure about royal couples, but about Mette-Marit and Haakon I think there is a deep and honest love.

I love MM's hair colour!

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdc1 View Post
I think that the mark on Magnus' arm is a birthmark.
It certainly is. If he wishes, he can correct that brown mark with laser when he grows up.
Old 07-25-2008, 02:19 PM
Nobility

Smile

can we see them again in this vacations?
Old 07-26-2008, 03:29 PM
Nobility

here more photos of their vacations. This photos are the prince Haakon, Mette Marit and Frederick and Mary.
royals.web-log.nl

Tags
norway, photo shoot, summer holiday