The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-29-2003, 08:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Skaugum: The residence of the Crown Prince and Crown Princess

www.ibl.se - Skaugum - Haakon, Mette-Marit, Marius and the princely couple's first baby's home, presently under renovations.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	S_1.jpg
Views:	309
Size:	26.2 KB
ID:	24391  

Old 12-17-2003, 01:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Haakon and Mette-Marit moving into Skaugum

From The Palace

Kronprinsparet har flyttet

Deres Kongelige Høyheter Kronprinsen og Kronprinsessen har i dag flyttet inn på Skaugum.

Rehabiliteringen av hovedhuset med overordnet infrastruktur er for det meste ferdigstilt, men det gjenstår en del generell innvendig og utvendig oppussing. Dette arbeidet fortsetter de nærmeste årene.

Det er ikke tatt endelig stilling til hva som skjer med Kronprinsparets leilighet i Ullevålsveien.

Old 12-18-2003, 04:08 PM
Courtier

http://www.aftenposten.no/english/local/ar...rticleID=693880

Christmas in new home

Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princess Mette-Marit have completed their move to the renovated royal estate Skaugum in Asker and they will celebrate their first Christmas there with members of the crown princess' family.

Queen Sonja and a convalescent King Harald, recovering from bladder cancer surgery, will host their daughter princess Martha Louise and her family - husband Ari Behn and their daughter Maud Angelica - for the Christmas holidays.

King Harald is expected to leave Rikshospitalet University Hospital on Dec. 22 and is on sick leave from his official duties until the middle of March.

Skaugum has been completely renovated and rehabilitated and the crown couple will occupy the second floor, with the first being primarily reserved for formal representation.

Newspaper VG reported that Crown Princess Mette-Marit left a concert at the Oslo Spektrum on Wednesday evening after becoming unwell. The Crown Princess is pregnant and the baby is due next month.

The crown couple were attending a performance of the Oslo Gospel Choir, featuring Princess Martha Louise. The crown princess did not need medical attention.

Aftenposten English Web Desk
Jonathan Tisdall
Old 12-18-2003, 04:10 PM
Courtier

An aerial view of Skaugum in Asker. PHOTO: BJØRN SIGURDSØN/SCANPIX
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	sem_t_tulo9.JPG
Views:	233
Size:	26.4 KB
ID:	31737  
Old 12-19-2003, 10:13 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
xicamaluca  Posted: Dec 18th, 2003 - 3:10 pm

An aerial view of Skaugum in Asker. PHOTO: BJØRN SIGURDSØN/SCANPIX
If you look at the right building, you will see two windows in the attic ... that's my room (when I am on vacation). :)
Old 12-19-2003, 10:41 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally posted by King Christian@Dec 19th, 2003 - 6:13 pm
If you look at the right building, you will see two windows in the attic ... that's my room (when I am on vacation). :)
Poor Sweetie. You sound so abused.
Old 12-20-2003, 01:18 AM
Royal Highness

:) Hey ... I have the building to myself then, seeing that the Royals are THEN traipsing around the country on their "family business' thingy.
Old 02-02-2004, 06:58 AM
Nobility

Skaugum

i couldnt find the thread on their home...

anyway, perhaps someone could post my question to the original thread? thanks:-)

the pictures of the new family were taken at their home, werent they?
can someone explain? this must be the renovated palace. are there pictures of the old rooms? what did they change?
was the first session also taken at Skaugum?

thanks
looks very light and brightly furnished and ecorated. very traditional though.

*Please note: Pictures from this post have been removed as they are seen elsewhere on this board and we are trying to decreaste the direct posting of images to the forum so as not to affect our bandwidth and face another temporary shutdown again. The written contents of this message were not changed or altered in any way. -Alexandria
Old 02-02-2004, 07:48 AM
Commoner

Skaugum is a rather big mantion house located outside the capital Oslo. The place was a wedding gift for then Crown Prince Olav in 1929, and has been the traditional recidence of the heir since that time. You will find more info on the house at the website of the Norwegian monarchy. Go to Properties - then Private ownership - then Skaugum.

All pictures (both from Saturday (only photo-session) and Sunday (interview, television etc) were taken at Skaugum, in the official rooms on the ground floor. I believe all the pictures are from the same room - commonly known as Crown Princess Märtha's Drawing Room. Sadly there are few pictures of the interior online. These rooms have not been redecorated now - they remain the same as in the time of Crown Princess Märtha. The private apartements on the first floor, however, has been totally refurbished. They will not release pictures of those rooms.
Old 02-02-2004, 08:28 AM
Nobility

thank you very much for this information, that was very helpful.

karolina
Old 12-07-2004, 09:38 AM
Majesty

do one call it a castle or a mansion?
Old 12-07-2004, 01:51 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josephine
Do one call it a castle or a mansion?
How about a "Residence".
Old 12-07-2004, 04:32 PM
Nobility

I Norway we just call it Skaugum, and everybody know what it is. But I wouldn't call either a mansion or a residence. I would say it is a villa, not very royal, but compared to other royal residences it is not so big. Then again the Norwegain royal family is not so grandios compared to other European royal families. Probably got something to do with the fact that the Norwegian monarchy is less than 100 years old...
Old 12-08-2004, 10:36 AM
Heir Apparent

A villa. Or the main building on a farm, which is what Skaugum is.

The old building looked more like a mansion, I would say, than the new one does.

(Skaugum burnt down just after Crown Prince Olav and Crown Princess Märtha had moved in.)
Old 02-15-2005, 04:55 AM
Majesty

thank you

I would love to see some photos
Old 03-26-2005, 04:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Picture of Skaugum as it was before the fire in 1930.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	skaugumbeforefire.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	115906  
Old 05-01-2005, 01:42 PM
Majesty

how big is the house
Old 09-21-2005, 06:04 AM
Royal Highness

Here is another picture of Skaugum takend last Sujmmer from Isifa:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	is_11052399.jpg
Views:	437
Size:	24.6 KB
ID:	199257  
Old 07-05-2006, 02:00 PM

A strike among electricals also hit the couples residence at Skaugum. For several hours they had no electrical power - guess you all can imagine how that is. Before afternoon a dispensation were given and Skaugum and thousand other farms in that area were given the electrical power back.. just in time to get the cows milked.
Old 07-05-2006, 02:53 PM
Heir Apparent

N24 - (short for Næringsliv 24, or Business 24 in English) has an article on Royal subsidies, that I thought was rather interesting.
Quote:
Farm-subsidies for the Crown Prince Couple.

Crown Prince Haakon and Mette-Marit receive 513 984 Norwegian Kroner in subsidies for running the farm at Skaugum. Norwegian farmers, as a whole, get 7,5 bilions in support from the state.

By : Ina Vedde-Fjærestad

It is shown by an overview over production subsidies to Norwegian farmers, that Nationen (a newspaper) have received access to.

"The subsidies are necessary, so that the farm at Skaugum won't run at loss," say the Palace Information Advisor Svein Gj. Gjeruldsen to TV2 Nettavisen, and points out that it is the farm, and directly not the Crown Princely Couple, who receive support.
http://n24.no/makro-og-politikk/article1377898.ece
The article also mentions other Norwegian farmers who receive support, but I just translated the royal angle on it.

I know that other royals also receive support for farming, ie. Prince Joachim in Denmark, the Prince of Wales and Queen Elizabeth.

Tags
residences