Princess Ingrid Alexandra's confirmation: August 31, 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think it is a great idea for the royals to encourage their collective children to get to know each other well. There will be nobody else that can share their particular problems and the support they provide each other will be invaluable.

I remember a meeting of as many of the Crown Prince and Princess couples shortly before either Willem Alexander or Felipe took the throne. It was obvious that they were all close friends and that is a good thing. Probably their parents started it when they were young, as indeed did their parents. Possibly hoping to find a possible romance?
King Gustav VI Adolf and Queen Louise of Sweden hosted several balls in the early sixties for young royals to get to know each other, King Paul and Queen Fredrika of Greece hosted the Agamenon cruise, there were visits of Queen Juliana of the Netherlands and her family to her Danish colleagues, Crown Prince Carl Gustav of Sweden spent summers at Balmoral, Crown Prince Alexander is said to have spent a lot of time in Sweden while Harald of Norway and the Haga princesses visited Greece to see if anything happened... There are many examples of how the young royals of the sixties and seventies got to spend time together to get to know each other. Many of them did become close friends, but few matches were made. Most of the future monarchs atleast married outside the royal corner.

Zarzuela told Vanitatis that in the next few days it will be known if the Kings of Spain will attend Princess Ingrid Alexandra's confirmation: "We will wait to see how the operation of King Juan Carlos develops and we will know in a few days."

Although we're still waiting for the third press-release from the court, they have updated the calendar:

*The Royal Family will be in attendance as Her Royal Highness Princess Ingrid Alexandra is confirmed in The Palace Chapel (12:00).
*Their Majesties The King and Queen host an official luncheon at The Royal Palace on the occasion of Her Royal Highness Princess Ingrid Alexandra's confirmation. The CP family, Princess Märtha Louise and Princess Astrid will be in attendance (13:30).

And as most of you probably understood when we got the second press-release in early July: No, there won't be any white-tie official gala-dinner such as we saw for the then Prince Haakon in 1988.
Why? Well, as I wrote in post 52, it will probably be easier with The Crown Princess' illness and stuff to just take the evening privately at Skaugum. - Especially after a busy day at The Palace in Oslo.

But don't worry, it's going to be just as big as what we saw 31 years ago. Yes, perhaps even bigger if we include the television-coverage:

Haakon: Televised service in The Palace Chapel - plus a white-tie gala-dinner in the evening, where only the greetings/royal-procession were televised, not the speeches.

Ingrid: Televised service in The Palace Chapel - plus a large-scale official luncheon in what I believe will be The Great Banqueting Hall, where both the greetings, royal-procession and speeches will be televised.
(Just as we saw for her christening in 2004.)

And as in 1988, the royal men will most likely be in uniforms (i.e. The King, Crown Prince and CP Frederik).

--------------------

If the Norwegian Royal Court will release new pictures of Ingrid Alexandra with her family AND her godparents?
If we take into account what we have seen for previous royal celebrations (including the confirmation in 1988 and The Regent-Couple's Golden Wedding Anniversary last year), almost certainly, yes!

Last edited:
Although we're still waiting for the third press-release from the court, they have updated the calendar:

*The Royal Family will be in attendance as Her Royal Highness Princess Ingrid Alexandra is confirmed in The Palace Chapel (12:00).
*Their Majesties The King and Queen host an official luncheon at The Royal Palace on the occasion of Her Royal Highness Princess Ingrid Alexandra's confirmation. The CP family, Princess Märtha Louise and Princess Astrid will be in attendance (13:30).

Will the daughters of Märtha Louise also attend the ceremony?

I don't see why they shouldn't; it's an important day for their cousin.

Still a bit disappointed there won't be a white tie gala but glad to see that Christian will come with his parent (hopefully same for Estelle too).

Probably IA's cousins will be here too, I think she is quite close with them especially Maud.

Will the daughters of Märtha Louise also attend the ceremony?
As they have both said in interviews, Märtha and CP Haakon (and CP MM, after she came into the family) have always been ''very close'' and ''see each quite other a lot'' and therefore also their children.
So pretty sure they will attend both the service and the luncheon! I mean something else would really surprise me.
It's just that the court sometimes (last year's Golden Wedding Anniversary celebrations included) doesn't mention the RF members who are untitled or under the age of 18 in the calendar.

But isn't Emma a bit young, especially since she's not going to have an official role? Well, she is almost 11 and attended the televised services for The King's Silver Jubilee in 2016 and The Regent-Couple's Golden Wedding Anniversary in 2018, so not a problem. And I'm pretty sure she *wants* to eat with the others afterwards.

It's only just a few days. Is their any confirmation yet if King Felipe is attending?

It's only just a few days. Is their any confirmation yet if King Felipe is attending?
It's not confirmed yet. Casareal hasn't updated their agenda yet. I think they're waiting to see how JC recuperates in the upcoming days following the surgery.

We don't know yet. Casareal hasn't updated their agenda. But, Felipe didn't go to IA christening. I understand that he is King now and has more responsabilites, but she is his goddaughter, so if he didn't attend her christening, at least attending her confirmation would be the least he could do.

But, let's see and wait for some sort of announcement. If they end up going, I doubt they'll take Leonor, but one could hope, so fingers crossed:flowers:

But it is Holday time now for the King and Queen of Spain so therefore i thiunk he could make it opissible. And the confirmation is on a Saturday not during the week. Wonder when they will update their aqgenda. I rember for other Events like the Wedding's in Luxembourg and Sweden the Information who would attend from Spain was relaesed about a week before.

The Spanish Royal House may treat this event as a private event and so may not put it on the agenda.
King Juan Carlos's operation went well and he is recovering well and the event is on a Saturday, so there is no apparent reason for the Kings of Spain to miss Princess Ingrid Alexandra's confirmation.
I believe that the Kings of Spain will and should not miss much to confirm their presence.

"Costume in graduation gift

The King's Gift to Her Royal Highness Princess Ingrid Alexandra on the occasion of her confirmation on August 31, 2019 is a costume.

The costume is a reconstructed women's costume from Aust-Telemark as it was designed in the period 1800 - 1850. The princess herself has chosen sub-elements for the costume, and Her Majesty the Queen has taken an active part in the project.

The princess will use the costume for the first time on graduation day, August 31st."

https://www.kongehuset.no/artikkel.html?tid=171392&sek=112472

Princess Ingrid with her new Bunad:

The floral decorations for tomorrow

https://twitter.com/OAanmoen/status/1167433905827397637/photo/2

And the Norway`s government gift for the Princess

https://twitter.com/OAanmoen/status/1167407155743469568/photo/1

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool! If both Felipe and Letizia can make time, how about Leonor? Did her class start yet? I really wish she could also go and mingle with both Princess Ingrid Alexandra and Prince Christian.

:previous:
I doubt Leonor will go. Among other issues, she and Felipe can’t travel on the same plane, so the logistics are a nightmare for a one day event.

Cool! If both Felipe and Letizia can make time, how about Leonor? Did her class start yet? I really wish she could also go and mingle with both Princess Ingrid Alexandra and Prince Christian.

As the confirmation is oin a Saturday this should be no Problem. But i don't think they will bring her along.

:previous:
I doubt Leonor will go. Among other issues, she and Felipe can’t travel on the same plane, so the logistics are a nightmare for a one day event.

It is the same for Frederik and Christian. So if they wanted she could fly together with Letizia on a spearate plane.

I certainly hope Leonor will go as well. It will be good for her to meet someone of her age, who share a similar destiny. - And in a safe, friendly environment.
Not sure about the Spanish school system, but I'm sure Leonor master English well enough by now, to have conversations with Christian and Ingrid.

I'm absolutely certain that Leonor speaks English. She's spent time in USA two summers in a row and her Grandmother Queen Sofia is said to prefer to speak English to her children and grandchildren.

I seriously doubt that Felipe & Letizia will bring Leonor along. There is no way they going to bring her and leave Sofia at home, and a whole family trip perhaps is excesive when KJC has just had his heart surgery.

And that would be taking for granted they both are going at all, for which we only have a vague indicatiom from Vanitatis.

It's certainly doable. Leonor has grown so much and both Ingrid Alexandra and Christian can learn from each other. I really hope they get along really well.

Do we expect tiaras or hats at the ceremony?

It's certainly doable. Leonor has grown so much and both Ingrid Alexandra and Christian can learn from each other. I really hope they get along really well.

Do we expect tiaras or hats at the ceremony?

Hats as the cfermony is at noon. Ans as there will apparently no Gala Dinner in the evening like it was the case at the confirmation of Haakon we will unfortunately not get to see tiaras.

I'd be more surprised if Princess Leonor didn't speak English, especially since she attended two summer camps in the US, as has been mentioned. I wouldn't be surprised though if she didn't go to IA's confirmation as much as it would be lovely to have her there.

It is not yet known if the Kings of Spain go to the confirmation of Princess Ingrid Alexandra. I think they should go, because Felipe VI is godfather. I hope their presence is confirmed.

It is not yet known if the Kings of Spain go to the confirmation of Princess Ingrid Alexandra. I think they should go, because Felipe VI is godfather. I hope their presence is confirmed.

I don’t think they will attend the confirmation, but it remains to be seen.

I'm very positive that Felipe might attend. I hope so. *fingerscrossed*

OMG! Princess Ingrid Alexandra looks amazing in it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Really interesting and she looks lovely in it, thank you.

I am happy for King Felipe VI, but it is a pity if Queen Letizia is not.
It will be a big event and a very important day for Princess Ingrid Alexandra.:flowers:

Back
Top Bottom