Prince Haakon's Current Events Part 1: September 2003 - October 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexandria

Heir Apparent
Country
Canada
Polfoto 07-09-2003 Jacobs Church, Oslo, 7. 9.2003: Crown Prince Haakon, who is very interested in music, was a very welcome guest at the Oslo International Gypsy festival Sunday 7. September. -It has been great.Very colourful and a lot of energy. Now I am looking forward to part two of the show, Crown Prince Haakon said when Dagbladet talket to him during the break at the last day of the Oslo International Gypsyfestival at Jacobs church. Here: Crown Prince Haakon with Natasja Bielenberg. Foto: Andrea Gjestvang / Dagbladet/All Over Press Norway (code: 516647c)

Picture 2: Here: Crown Prince Haakon together with Raya Bielenbergs grandson Niklak (left), her daughter Natasja and her grandson Aleco Bielenberg. Raya Bielenberg is to the right of Crown Prince Haakon. Foto: Andrea Gjestvang / Dagbladet/All Over Press Norway (code: 516647b)

Attachments

• haakon_1.jpg
    haakon_1.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 413
  • haakon_2.jpg
    haakon_2.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 368
  • haakon_3.jpg
    haakon_3.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 341
  • haakon_4.jpg
    haakon_4.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 481
Last edited by a moderator:
Haakon & Mette-Marit are by far the most regal and beautiful couple in any royal family! (A whiff of nostaglia is bringing back the Camelot days)!!! Haakon & Mette-Marit take the crown (excuse the pun) from JFK Jr and Carolyn Bessette as the most glamourous couple of the 21st century!!!!

Haakon at a Dedication Ceremony of the Nobel monument in New York

You guys, Haakon was a mere 10 blocks from my house at a statue unveiling and no one told me! There is a photo on the front page of the NY Sun (Free subscription). www.nysun.com He is a big guy.

www.ibl.se - USA, NY, October 14. 2003 at 11:00AM Dedication Ceremony of the Nobel monument. Theodore Roosevelt Park, 81st Street and Columbus Avenue New York City. Crownprince Haakon.

www.ibl.se - USA, NY, October 14. 2003 at 11:00AM Dedication Ceremony of the Nobel monument. Theodore Roosevelt Park, 81st Street and Columbus Avenue New York City. Crownprince Haakon.

www.ibl.se - USA, NY, October 14. 2003 at 11:00AM Dedication Ceremony of the Nobel monument. Theodore Roosevelt Park, 81st Street and Columbus Avenue New York City. Crownprince Haakon, Mayer of the city of New York Michael R. Bloomberg and Margareta Winberg Deputy Prime Minister of Sweden

www.ibl.se - USA, NY, October 14. 2003 at 11:00AM Dedication Ceremony of the Nobel monument. Theodore Roosevelt Park, 81st Street and Columbus Avenue New York City. Crownprince Haakon, Mayer of the city of New York Michael R. Bloomberg and Margareta Winberg Deputy Prime Minister of Sweden

www.ibl.se - USA, NY, October 14. 2003 at 11:00AM Dedication Ceremony of the Nobel monument. Theodore Roosevelt Park, 81st Street and Columbus Avenue New York City. Crown Prince Haakon.

www.ibl.se - USA, NY, October 14. 2003 at 11:00AM Dedication Ceremony of the Nobel monument. Theodore Roosevelt Park, 81st Street and Columbus Avenue New York City. Crown Prince Haakon.

Attachments

• haakon_1.jpg
    haakon_1.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 372
  • haakon_2.jpg
    haakon_2.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 367
  • haakon_3.jpg
    haakon_3.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 357
  • haakon_4.jpg
    haakon_4.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 340
  • haakon_5.jpg
    haakon_5.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 357
  • haakon_6.jpg
    haakon_6.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 387
  • haakon_7.jpg
    haakon_7.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 393
  • haakon_8.jpg
    haakon_8.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 388
  • haakon_9.jpg
    haakon_9.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 362
  • haakon_10.jpg
    haakon_10.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 405
  • haakon_11.jpg
    haakon_11.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 419
Last edited by a moderator:
Polfoto 02-12-2003: Crown Prince Haakon attended an editorial meeting at Dinamo publishing company. He has agreed to write the preface of a new book about Norway. The book will be released in 5 languages and will be sold in Norway and abroad. The book will be divided into different chapters which will deal with different parts of society. The book will be released autumn 2004.

Attachments

• NY_haakon_504.jpg
    NY_haakon_504.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 357
So what has Haakon been up to lately? Is he on his paternity leave now that the king is back? (Mette-Marit goes off her maternity leave, and Haakon starts his leave?)

BTW ... who looks after Princess Ingrid in MM's absence?

Well, probably grandmother Tjessem, although Marius & Ingrid does have at least one nanny.

In looking at the pictures of CP Fred's wedding ..... it strikes me (strongly) that CP Haakon is a very lucky guy.

Originally posted by King Christian@May 17th, 2004 - 2:44 am
In looking at the pictures of CP Fred's wedding ..... it strikes me (strongly) that CP Haakon is a very lucky guy.
Are You kidding me?

Her outfits, her posture (or lack thereof), and her bored look on her face all scream 'I don't wanna be here!'.

She could at least try to make an effort, or at least make it look as if she did. She is just so "giddalaus".

With Crown Prince Haakon's 31-st birthday just around the corner (July 20), is there a photo-op planned?

Does any-one know what Mette-Merit is planning for her dearly beloved on this date ..... heh, heh .... besides the usual hanky-panky ?

Originally posted by King Christian@Jul 18th, 2004 - 11:08 pm
With Crown Prince Haakon's 31-st birthday just around the corner (July 20), is there a photo-op planned?

Does any-one know what Mette-Merit is planning for her dearly beloved on this date ..... heh, heh .... besides the usual hanky-panky ?
I hope so! A photo with little Ingrid Alexandra would be marvellous! She's so cute!

On why imho Haakon is the very best among the Crown Princes in Europe ...

He's got courage. Ok, so Frederik crossed the top of Greenland .... even if he had a few weak moments, who would know? And fine, like Haakon, some of the other's might have threatened to resign (ieg. Felipe, Willem), but it takes extra moxie to take up with a divorcee with child, fathered by drug pusher dad.

He's got leadership. Every country has single-mom's but only in Norway does one member of the Royal Family have the gumption to endorse (and thereby legalize?) that position.

He's got charisma. Its taken a child for MM to regain her panache, but to look at them interact, he dotes on her, and she adores him.

He's got individualism and independence. When he married MM, what's he do? ... offs to London for a taxpayer paid 'vacation' to get a degree from the prestigious and very expensive London School of Economics. He knows the difference between short-term gripes and long-term gains.

He's alive. As much as I like and empathsize with Prince Philippe of Belgium, the latter is almost a dullard in public.

He's got country. Sometimes it helps to be from one of the coldest er ... best kept secrets of Europe.

Originally posted by King Christian@Jul 20th, 2004 - 7:44 pm
He's got charisma. Its taken a child for MM to regain her panache, but to look at them interact, he dotes on her, and she adores him.
That's an excellent observation. I think it is wonderful that they have found each other and have such a loving relationship!

Crown prince in boat trouble again

Norway's Crown Prince Haakon is patron of the Norwegian Life Saving Association, but he's not setting the best example. Now he's being criticized for mounting a motor on an open boat that's too powerful for the boat's size.

Last year the crown prince was criticized for failing to wear a life vest while boating, and recent photos have showed him without one this summer, too.

Now he's also been caught with a 50-horse-power motor mounted on a 14-foot open boat that's only supposed to have a maximum 35-horsepower motor.

Norwegian classification society Det Norske Veritas (DNV) has put the 35hp limit on the 14-foot boat.

"The crown prince must answer for himself, but it's not without reason that Veritas has set such a limit," Jan Syvertsen of the Royal Norwegian Boating Association told newspaper VG. "Our position is clear that no one should mount a motor more powerful than that for which the boat is designed."

The crown prince is, ironically, an honorary member of the association, along with being royal patron for the Life Saving Association (Norges Livredningsselskap).

If the crown prince is involved in an accident with his boat, he could be held liable if it's determined that the accident was the result of the motor being too strong.

"We believe that exceeding the approved motor size is quite serious," said Jack Frostad at insurance company If, noting that it can mean cancellation of the insurance and compensation claims.

Haakon at the Athens Olympics 2004

For anyone catching the Opening ceremony of the Olympics tonight, you could catch a glimpse of Haakon applauding as the Norwegian group walked in. (Tiny group, as neither our female handball players, nor our female football ball players qualified, like they did for Sydney.)

Maybe he was remembering ten years ago, when he was the one to light the Olympic flame at Lillehammer?

i saw him applauding! he was handsome dressed in beige! :)

They showed a recap from Lillehammer on NRK before they began to air the opening. My thoughts were of Haakon: "It's ten years, but my, he's matured quite a lot in those ten years."

ATHENS, Greece: Norway's Crown Prince Haakon (L) speaks with Norwegian Prime Minister Kjell Magne Bondevik prior to the start of the opening ceremony of the 2004 Olympic Games at the Olympic stadium in Athens, 13 August 2004. Some 10,000 athletes representing 202 countries will march together in front of 70,000 spectators at the opening ceremony, kicking off a fortnight of sporting competition that is costing 7.2 billion USD to stage. AFP PHOTO / Roberto SCHMIDT (Photo credit should read Roberto SCHMIDT/AFP/Getty Images)

51166186.jpg

Personal note: I saw him cheering when the Norwegian team came into the stadium. Cute the way his suit matched their's! And even more handsome on television than in pictures! :p

Last edited:
Haakon at the Olympic Games in Athens.

I, too, was thrilled, Alexandria, upon seeing the changes that have taken place in Haakon, as he walked into the opening ceremonies. He looked so confident and handsome and I imagine Mette-Marit and their daughter, Ingrid, has added to this newfound confidence. IMHO, she's provided him some stability along with lots of happiness. I'm hoping Mette-Marit will be joining him there sometime soon. Isn't her "maternity leave" coming to an end pretty soon.

As far as I know, and I use the official programme on the royal site as a source, Haakon is the only one of the Norwegian royals who will be in Athens for the Olympics.

Mette-Marit seems to have come some out of her maternity leave, she's got a few things on her programme this month, as well as the tour to Finnmark in the end of August.

Haakon in Athens

August 14, 2004 - All pictures from ANB.
1- Haakon.
2- Karl Arne Johannessen and Haakon.
3- Haakon and PM Kjell Magne Bondevik.

Attachments

• alle20040814-kronprins.jpg
    alle20040814-kronprins.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 428
  • alle20040814-haakon.jpg
    alle20040814-haakon.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 351
  • alle20040814-bondevik.jpg
    alle20040814-bondevik.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 409
Haakon at the Olympics

Kronprins Haakon forsyner seg med vafler. Attache for den norske troppen Runa Strand og statsminister Kjell Mange Bondevik venter på tur. (Foto: Inge Mørland)
bilde

Norwegian waffles seems to be mandatory whenever Norwegians gather in foreign countries...

Haakon cheering at sand volleyball!

Kronprins Haakon med tommelem opp for sandvolleyballjentene. (ANBfoto)

Attachments

• alle20040816-kronprins.jpg
    alle20040816-kronprins.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 538
Loving your Olympic coverage of Haakon cheering on the Norwegian athletes Mandy! Thanks so much for all your hard work.

Three of my own to add of Haakon looking not only enthusiastic for the Norwegian team, but trim and athletic himself, too! :p

Attachments

• FMP-haakon-23470477.jpg
    FMP-haakon-23470477.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 350
  • FMP-haakon-23450477.jpg
    FMP-haakon-23450477.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 459
  • FMP-haakon-23420477.jpg
    FMP-haakon-23420477.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 494
Haakon in Athens

August 17, 2004 - Kronprins haakon og ambassadør i Aten Fostervoll. ANB picture.

Attachments

• alle20040817-haakon.jpg
    alle20040817-haakon.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 367
Haakon og Tutu hyllet Fredskorpset

Kronprins Haakon og nobelprisvinner Desmond Tutu hyllet fredskorpsets innsats for solidaritet mellom mennesker i nord og sør under et stjernespekket seminar i Oslo Rådhus fredag.

Mer enn 1100 mennesker deltok i åpningen av Fredskorpset rådsmøte, blant dem kronprinsen, Sør-Afrikas erkebiskop Tutu, Zambias første president Kenneth Kaunda og utviklingsminister Hilde Frafjord Johnson. Også andre kjente fjes fra norsk samfunnsliv var invitert, blant dem Celina Midelfart, Anne Enger Lahnstein, Are Kalvø, Kjartan Fløgstad og Morten Krogvold.

- Fredskorpset bringer mennesker fra ulike kulturer sammen på en kraftfull måte. Folk føres sammen for arbeid og levedyktig utvikling. Av dette kan alle lære noe av, sa kronprinsen.

Desmond Tutu, som fikk Nobel fredspris for sin kamp mot apartheidregimet i 1984, hyllet Norge som sitt «annet hjemland». Han takket for at Norge har beholdt oppmerksomheten på Sør-Afrika etter raseskilleregimets fall.

Over 1100 personer fra alle samfunnssektorer tar del i nord-sør-arrangementet The Oslo North-South Forum som åpnet fredag.

Fredskorpsets idé er å bidra på en helt konkret måte til kulturell forståelse og engasjement for en mer rettferdig fordeling mellom nord og sør.

Gjennom Fredskorpset kan norske virksomheter utveksle ansatte på mellom 22 og 35 år med land i sør.

Tanken er at utveksling av unge mennesker på tvers av landegrensene skal bidra til større grad av likeverd, gjensidighet, åpenhet og solidaritet mellom mennesker i nord og sør.

I perioden fra 2001 til 2002 er 671 unge nordmenn sendt til de fleste kanter av verden, de fleste i Afrika, Sør-Amerika og det sørlige Asia.

http://www.vg.no/bilder/bildarkiv/1093605058.21448.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom