Press reports: Norwegian Divorce Rumours

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoooops! As usual, being reigning Queen of Typos, I had to have at least one. My intention was to say "fan the flames" rather than infer that fans of the couple were to be blamed. :) Thanks for finding that one. :D

Its been corrected.

no problem. Thx for the correction.

You hit a nerve because generally I try and find a balance but trolls definitely bring out my dark side :furious::nuke:

No, the word 'believe' always means an assumption.

Forgive me, but that seems ridiculous, and the attitude you've expressed is emblematic of the type of gossip-mongering that tabloids feed on. With NO hard evidence to be cited, and only suspicions and assumptions that build a cloudy image of someone's marriage, it's no wonder that these altogether unsubstantiated rumors have garnered so much stupid attention. :bang:

The pearl-clutching and fake righteous indignation are quite entertaining.

If memory services me right, the Crown Princely coupe did take legal action against some tabloid. So if the rumours are false, Crown Prince Haakon or Crown Princess Mette-Marit will take legal action against privacy intrusion.

Last edited:
Good point Al-bina, I had forgotten about that! I hope they do the same this time as well.

The pearl-clutching and fake righteous indignation are quite entertaining.

If memory services me right, the Crown Princely coupe did take a legal action against some tabloid. So if the rumours are false, Crown Prince Haakon or Crown Princess Mette-Marit will take a legal action against privacy intrusion.

If I remember correctly the legal action was taken when photographs from a private vacation were published. Different from just ignoring these silly rumors.

Good point Al-bina, I had forgotten about that! I hope they do the same this time as well.

The sad thing about this one though, since it was from Twitter this all started from, just how do you find the right person to go after? We all know anyone can cover their tracks online these days and also how completely innocent users of a website/service can be falsely accused of being the one responsible due to that other person covering their tracks. I think I hear of something like that happening at least once or twice a week now, where it used to be only every so often.

Whoever started this is lower than slime. To use the absence of the Crown Princess for more than legitimate reasons, not to mention for a surgery where the risk of rather serious nerve damage is a very real thing to have to consider *and* likely had her Family terrified the entire day of the Operation until the news than all gone exactly as planned, is actually worse than slime. They're a Slimy, Worm riddled Coward. Sadly, those are the type of critter creatures that seem to wield far too many ways to damage and hurt people in this new digital world of ours.

I really hope Haakon and/or Mette-Marit have managed to contact the Children's Teachers over the weekend to give them a head's up about this. I have no idea how Norway deals w/kids abusing kids (Never will I call it by all the safe names used to hide the actual reality of what is going on in the schools. What I survived was not "bullying". It was abuse, and I firmly believe once we call it what it actually is, that's when change will come. I truly do believe that.), but as night follows day, I'm sure some kid can't wait to get to school and in turn attempt to "but...I was only teasing..." Can't see it happening to Marius, but to Princess Ingrid Alexandra and Prince Sverre Magnus, that I sadly can all too easily see happening.

The one thing that is fact and I give far more weight and credence to : the Crown Prince was due to give a very important speech to a Global Dignity event in the US, but cancelled it as soon as he knew Mette-Marit's Surgery date was going to close to/happening on the actual day in the event sked for the speech. I have a hard time believing Haakon would have done that if things are as truly on the rocks as one stupid Tweet would make you think.

And that's how I'm treating this, one stupid Tweet designed to do exactly what it's intent was, to stir up trouble and stress during the worse possible time to have it happen. If we ever hear anything official, then we'll talk. Until then...

I missed seeing HRH attending whatever Event in Norway was held to mark World AIDS Day today. Her role as the UN Special Ambassador for Youth & AIDS (I think I have that right) is one of the causes/roles I've noticed seems to be one very close to her heart and I'm sure Mette-Marit missed taking part in this year's event too.

Oh...One last thing, thank you everyone for once again reminding me just why I have certain Members around here on Ignore. Not that I really needed a reminder, but it isn't a bad thing to be reminded of from time to time either...

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Last edited:
One thing I am reminded of and have come to appreciate even more now is the fact that here at The Royal Forums, our moderators and administrators strive to keep our discussions well away from speculation and gossip and slanderous types of postings. We're encouraged to be ready to show where we base our facts on, remain courteous and respectful to others in the conversation as well as towards the subjects we discuss.

Many times if one was to google about anything royal, chances are that a link will appear to direct one to this message forums and I'm proud to be a member here.

Forgive me, but that seems ridiculous, and the attitude you've expressed is emblematic of the type of gossip-mongering that tabloids feed on. With NO hard evidence to be cited, and only suspicions and assumptions that build a cloudy image of someone's marriage, it's no wonder that these altogether unsubstantiated rumors have garnered so much stupid attention. :bang:

Sorry, but this is a message board. Over 90% of what is written on here are assumptions. You hardly ever get any evidence or hard facts on ANYTHING that is being discussed here concerning the Royals as they do not tend to confirm or comment on their issues. A vast majority of the topics being discussed on the forum are sourced by tabloids or gossip websites. Its up to you what you chose to believe as the varity has always been between sugary and nasty stuff. Just because something sounds nice 'they are so much in love' doesnt make it true. TRF has not started any rumours but only cites outlets like HELLO picking up on the topic, as they pick up on any other royal topic, positive or negative. Its the nature of their business. If you looking for hard facts or evidence you won't find much when it comes to Royal Families and their issues.

Besides, he'd look foolish if he were to divorce her, especially if cheating is involved (now, I'm not saying that it is).

I mean, he wouldn't care to hear all people who would say I told you so.

Why would it look foolish if he did because of cheating issues? If the rumours are true then I'm sure they tried to work things out before it reached a point of divorce. Moreover, this could be a reason with other reasons.
I know people who would actually divorce in a blink of an eye if one or the other cheated. Some couples are just against it and can't live with it even if they have children.

Tiggersk8;
I really hope Haakon and/or Mette-Marit have managed to contact the Children's Teachers over the weekend to give them a head's up about this. I have no idea how Norway deals w/kids abusing kids (Never will I call it by all the safe names used to hide the actual reality of what is going on in the schools. What I survived was not "bullying". It was abuse, and I firmly believe once we call it what it actually is, that's when change will come. I truly do believe that.), but as night follows day, I'm sure some kid can't wait to get to school and in turn attempt to "but...I was only teasing..." Can't see it happening to Marius, but to Princess Ingrid Alexandra and Prince Sverre Magnus, that I sadly can all too easily see happening.

Thank you for a great insight into this ugly rumor...your comment sure hit the nail on the head for me big time. Having been the subject of abuse<not knowing at the time what it was, from another generation then most here<has made me see red when this type of behavior comes to light. I believe nothing in the way of assumption or rumors in life, the truth is always the best policy for me in my life. It's the two younger children that will suffer from this at school or elsewhere because of the rumors. This is the sad part as I think that this CPC show to the world that they are really great and loving parents which is the most important thing they can do first in life. Whomever started this I sure hope that Karma comes back to them in a huge way. For those out there that are jumping for glee in supporting these rumors may you also have Karma bite you in the back side big time. Aren't we suppose to be adults about this and understand that rumors are just that...rumors which are being created to just to have something to do as the ones doing this must have very empty lives with nothing to do but start this ugliness. Sad that some here are full of hate and meanness and want to create ugliness all for the sake of their empty soulless lives.

I'm just wondering when was the last time the Crown Prince & Princess appeared in public together?

Trying to get my head around this rumour as its only a few months ago there were similar reports on Felipe & Letizia.

I'm just wondering when was the last time the Crown Prince & Princess appeared in public together?

Trying to get my head around this rumour as its only a few months ago there were similar reports on Felipe & Letizia.

They were together at the Dutch introductory visit on 2nd October, have we seen them together after that? And there wasn't any photos of Haakon and the children visiting the hospital where Mette-Marit was for several days?

They are very different countries, where things work differently.

Norwegian press and public opinion are much more discreet and prudent about the life of others. There these stories are not usual. With the Norwegian royal family that had never happened before with such virulence, making it much more difficult to recognize what the real causes behind are.

In Spain gossip is a national entertainment and big business, daily celebrity gossip that spread quickly arise and Letizia and has been the target of these stories for 10 years. Rumors of Asturias were also directly related to the intention of some sectors to curb the rumors and pressures on the abdication of the king. There were many mixed interests in a complex situation.

They were together at the Dutch introductory visit on 2nd October, have we seen them together after that? And there wasn't any photos of Haakon and the children visiting the hospital where Mette-Marit was for several days?

Ah thanks Lady Finn,I knew it wasn't that long ago!

How can we base the separation rumours to the fact that they are not appearing together? MM has been operated and she is now recovering, so she does not appear anywhere!! I would agree it they were appearing separatedely, but it is not the case. And I do not think that anyone believes that the operation is a lie!! COULD IT BE A LIE???
Lets wait and see, these kind of matters never stay hidden for a long time!

Last edited:
His Highness Prince Sverre Magnus of Norway turns 8 tomorrow lets hope the children are shielded from these ugly rumours.

His Highness Prince Sverre Magnus of Norway turns 8 tomorrow lets hope the children are shielded from these ugly rumours.

Hopeless!! Unfortunately in our days, all children now have access to internet....

I think Sverre Magnus has not the title of Prince, or has not the predicate of HRH.

I do not know, WHY this came to my mind now..... ´

but - many years ago - there has been Separation Rumors about King Harald and Queen Sonja as well (btw despite the couple had to fight sooo many years as well to get the agreeement for the marriage). Rumors sais, that the King even has spoken to the then Prime Minister in order to discuss potential Impact on the Country.

Thank god and - as everybody knows - this never became reality, they finally found a way back to happiness in their relationship.

In case (if rumors may be true) a difficult Situation in the marriage of H and MM may have arisen as well, I hope they can find a way back to happiness, too.

BYe Bine

If I remember correctly the legal action was taken when photographs from a private vacation were published. Different from just ignoring these silly rumors.

These are not silly rumors, these are very damaging rumors. If they take legal action against private vacation photos, a defamation action is a given here. If not from them, them from the third party named.

I do not know, WHY this came to my mind now..... ´

but - many years ago - there has been Separation Rumors about King Harald and Queen Sonja as well (btw despite the couple had to fight sooo many years as well to get the agreeement for the marriage). Rumors sais, that the King even has spoken to the then Prime Minister in order to discuss potential Impact on the Country.

Thank god and - as everybody knows - this never became reality, they finally found a way back to happiness in their relationship.

In case (if rumors may be true) a difficult Situation in the marriage of H and MM may have arisen as well, I hope they can find a way back to happiness, too.

BYe Bine

And don't forget their cousins King Albert and Queen Paola of Belgium

These are not silly rumors, these are very damaging rumors. If they take legal action against private vacation photos, a defamation action is a given here. If not from them, them from the third party named.

I am quite sure, the RF has heard these rumors in the meantime as well.... and they may decide to do SOMETHING against it.... if not an official announcement, then something "informal" via Twitter ;)...
Bye Bine

There these stories are not usual.

Exactly, I guess this makes many posters think about smoke and fire. The NRF has never been shy to reprimand the press, I remember the complaint about Haakon and MM being photographed on a beach, shock, horror. Therefore its strange that there is no comment at all, not even from Haakon or MM themselves via their own twitter accounts, they could have put those rumors to rest at an early stage that way.

I dont know how things work in Norway but eg in the UK it is possible to get an injuction to keep the media from writing about certain topics because it violates privacy. The case of the footballer John Terry comes to my mind, who asked the court to put a gag order on the media with the result that insiders and press knew about his affair with the girlfriend of a teammate but they couldnt write about it. Finally rumours on twitter came up, naming names etc and John Terry's initial reaction was to sue some twitter users until a judge lifted the injunction.

What I am saying is that those rumors can be true or false but the circumstances are very unlike the NRF's normal behavior.

well I think the media is not paying too mucht attention to this...they have said one or two phrases about this and not more...because there is Not Much To Say ...to me this absent is due to her operation...if she cannot take royal duties she also cannot take her normal life or beeing in public for personal issues, so when she appears she will be total recover from her surgery...hope that doesn't take too long...

The Crown Princess is ill, why the press have to be so negative?

The Crown Princess is ill, why the press have to be so negative?

The press has written hardly anything about Mette-Marit, since Haakon and Mette-Marit have gone to court with the press so many times. It is the social media rumours that started to circle and the foreign press writes about them.
I think that the norwegian media waits for some time, the quality press at least waits for an official announcement/press release of any kind.

Hopeless!! Unfortunately in our days, all children now have access to internet....

I think Sverre Magnus has not the title of Prince, or has not the predicate of HRH.

Of course he´s a prince (his father next king of Norway...) - just take a look at the Norweg. Royal Family Homepage!
But he indeed is not HRH.

Exactly, I guess this makes many posters think about smoke and fire. The NRF has never been shy to reprimand the press, I remember the complaint about Haakon and MM being photographed on a beach, shock, horror. Therefore its strange that there is no comment at all, not even from Haakon or MM themselves via their own twitter accounts, they could have put those rumors to rest at an early stage that way.

I´m not sure if they know about these rumours at all as I don´t think they spend their time on Royal-internet-social-media and there are hardly any reports about this issue, as one fellow poster stated, in serious norwegian media.
I also wonder if any denial would even have the opposite effect? And doing so, it might put the whole matter on a level of seriousness it hardly deserves.

Other than entertainment celebrities royal houses almost never comment on issues like that

Last edited:
Of course it's the same...for everyone.

(Yes, I realize that some- not only in Europe- have an open marriage where they remain married in name only, while living separate lives. You may consider that lucky; I find it soulless).

Open marriage? What are you talking about?!
I used the term "lucky" in a totally different way you obviously didn´t understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom