Official Visit to South Korea

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Larzen

Heir Presumptive
Haakon and Mette-Marit will visit South Korea from 8-11 May, this is the first time Norwegian royals visit South Korea. The program takes place in Seuol the first two days and in Busan the last two day. They will travel with a delegation of business people, and here is the agenda for the business delegation organised by Innovation Norway, but you can also see some of the events the couple will attend, its in english
http://www.innovasjonnorge.no/Arrangementer_fs/Delegasjoner/Final%20Business%20program-%20KSB1%2006%2002-07.pdf

The focus areas of the visit are the usual suspects for Norway, fish, energy, offshore, computer technology and tourism
Næringslivsdelegasjon til Sør-Korea

Innovation Norway also calls the last business visit to India a great sucess, they point out Mette-Marits lecture and pictures on Norway as a tourism destination as very popular with the Indian participants and now that Finnair opens a direct route between Norway and India, it makes travelling between the two countries more easy which further helps Norway as a Toruism destination. Also in Korea there wil be held a seminar on Toruism in Norway. they also point out that in India it is important to have the "top people" in the delegation so the inclusion of Two ministers, one state secretary and the Crown Prince Couple made a good foundation for the visit

Articles in Norwegian and some pictures from the india visit from Innovation Norway
Besøket i India en suksess
Fulle hus i Mumbai

Thanks Larzen for the info, always keeping us updated. This would be a great visit for the couple, also intresting. Its always a pitty that such visit's are short. I know there will be lots of wonderful pictures it will also be good to see what MM will pull off on this trip, she did great on the visit to India.

Business tags along on royal trip to South Korea

Crown Princess Mette-Marit draws a fairly large following wherever she goes, and a looming trip to South Korea is proving no exception.
Nearly 100 representatives of Norwegian business and industry have expressed interest in joining Mette-Marit and Crown Prince Haakon when they make an official visit to South Korea next month.
Royal trips often attract a business delegation, since the royals can literally open a lot of doors in far-away places. The crown couple's Korean tour will focus on the fishing and maritime industries in addition to tourism, information technology and renewable energy.

That sounds like a great agenda for them. Gee, May is shaping up to be a busy month for many royals. I'm certainly looking forward to seeing them on this trip. Great article Avalon thanks for posting it.

Wow, that starts tomorrow, I completely forgot.. (I kept thinking about the Swedish State Visit to Denmark) Thanks HM

Royal visit to South Korea
Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princess Mette-Marit will on Monday arrive in Seoul to begin an official two-day visit to South Korea.They will also visit the port city of Busan. Read full article here

Norway's Crown Prince, Princess to Visit Seoul
Norway Wants to Enhance Business Ties with S. Korea

"Norway has a long tradition of shipping and maritime industry, with its well-known Viking ships, and so does South Korea with the world's first iron-clad turtle ship," said a Norwegian diplomat while he was stressing the strong cooperative ties between the two countries in the maritime and offshore sectors in particular. read full article here ( long article)

Business tags along on royal trip to South Korea
Crown Princess Mette-Marit draws a fairly large following wherever she goes, and a looming trip to South Korea is proving no exception. read full article here

Last edited:
Gallery and Article from Side 2:

Scroll down to see pictures
Side 2

Mette looks pretty, but very tired..

I heard she has aviophobia. Is that maybe why she looks so worn? Or maybe it is the jetlag. But she looks pretty, nontheless.

Both Haakon and Mette-Marit look to be suffering from jet lag. The Princess does look very nice and I love her shoes.:flowers:

For so far I know South Korea, it is a formal society. The future Queen of Norway looks underdressed to me. I miss the hat, the gloves, the lady in waiting walking behind her. She looks a bit just like a coincidental passenger instead of Her Royal Highness The Crown Princess of Norway.

Don't get me wrong. She seems to be a nice lady. But as this seems to be an official visit and she is a Princess, I miss the decorum a bit.

they look so elegant!!! I´m very happy for to see them!!! goods news;)

Mette-Marit doesn't have a lady-in-waiting, if I read a thread here correctly. And for arriving at what appears to be nighttime, the whole hat/gloves thing would seem like overkill. They're tired, they're on their way to the hotel, they don't need to be dressed to the 9's for that.

Henri M. said:
For so far I know South Korea, it is a formal society. The future Queen of Norway looks underdressed to me. I miss the hat, the gloves, the lady in waiting walking behind her. She looks a bit just like a coincidental passenger instead of Her Royal Highness The Crown Princess of Norway.

Don't get me wrong. She seems to be a nice lady. But as this seems to be an official visit and she is a Princess, I miss the decorum a bit.
As Sister Morphine said, Mette-Marit doesn't have a lady in waiting. Also the official visit doesn't technically begin until tomorrow. Considering there was not formal welcome today, she'd look quite silly with a hat, and gloves.

The official visit to South Korea begins today. Yesterday was only the arrival to the hotel, not a official 'begin' of the visit. She looks very tired and there were hands before the camera. I think, they would like to sleep quickly before the visit starts...

I think there is a difference between state visit & official visit, state visit is very formal (hats, gloves etc ) state visit dont have to include that.

Anyways, the pictures from today of them visiting Gyeongbok palace of the Joseon Dynasty in Seoul looked like they were getting briefed on some intresting info. MM looks good, i like her coat

I like her coat en shoes!

A state visit is a visit with the queen/king. And prince Haakon and princess Mette-Marit aren't a king/queen but a prince/princess. I think so, maybe it is wrong...:ermm:

troonopvolgers said:
I like her coat en shoes!

A state visit is a visit with the queen/king. And prince Haakon and princess Mette-Marit aren't a king/queen but a prince/princess. I think so, maybe it is wrong...:ermm:

You are correct, the Crown Prince and Princess of Norway can only be on a statevisite if they are accompanied by the King of Norway (and the Queen)

There for, they are on a official visit.

Thanks troonopvolgers for the first pictures! :flowers:

I think Mette looks great, the suit is very her IMO. Can't wait to see the rest of this visit! :D

More pictures: Side 2

Will anyone posts the photos. I can't get the photo larger, I have an error on page... :(

The photos from the first day. I have enough from the arrival from Haakon and Mette-Marit in the hotel

ANP Beeldbank

Crown Princess Mette-Marit and Crown Prince Haakon of Norway is leaving the Grand Hyatt Hotel in Seoul, South Korea, May 7, 2007 for a private dinner. The Royal couple are on an official visit to South Korea.

Also, after they arrives, they have a diner, she looks very nice in her red outfit en her curly hairs! :D

Last edited:
The Crown Prince and Crown Princess has been photographed outside their hotel arriving for a private dinner. I don't know how to post pictures here, but I can tell that HRH the Crown Princess is wearing a quite simple, but nice dress in a deep red colour.

A picture can be seen at this link.

Hjertelig gjensyn med fredsprisvinneren

troonopvolgers said:
ANP Beeldbank

Crown Princess Mette-Marit and Crown Prince Haakon of Norway is leaving the Grand Hyatt Hotel in Seoul, South Korea, May 7, 2007 for a private dinner. The Royal couple are on an official visit to South Korea.

Also, after they arrivals, they have a diner, she looks very nice in her red outfit en her curly hairs! :D

& doesnt she look good. Actually looks better second time round, maybe because the hair?i dont know, but she is really pulling it off well o this visit. Haakon & Mette-Marit always have a great smile & its good to see them on visits together than solo events.They make a perfect couple:flowers:

Side view
back view
close up

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom