Official Visit to South Korea

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mette Marit is looking very pretty today. The couple arrived at Busan by train, does anyone have an idea how long the train ride took? I like the change of outfit, nice coat.

Haakon & Mette Marit Arrive at Busan

Mette Marit
Haakon & Mette Marit

ceremony of the Norwegian monument in commemoration of the Norwegian contribution during the Korean War at the UN Memorial Cemetery in Busan, South Korea, Thursday, May 10, 2007.

Haakon
Haakon & MM
Haakon & MM 2
(all pictures via polfoto)

troonopvolgers said:
Is she wearing shorts???? On a state visit???:bang: :ohmy:

and I like the pink outfit, but I think that it needed something light to break it up. It just does not seem "cpmplete" to me, and I don't really care for the brown belt and shoes.

On another note, she looks happy and healthy. Beautiful, in fact.

Empress said:

and I like the pink outfit, but I think that it needed something light to break it up. It just does not seem "cpmplete" to me, and I don't really care for the brown belt and shoes.

On another note, she looks happy and healthy. Beautiful, in fact.

It's not a state visit. The Crown Prince and Princess of Norway can only be on a state visit if they are accompanied by the King/Queen of Norway. And they are together not with mum and dad..;)

Okay, well still it is an Official Visit. Shorts...I have no words.

I this liked much as MM in these last official acts dresses princess, this really very beautiful.
Thanks for all the pictures.

Empress said:
I love the coat, but I do not like that the dress is longer than the coat and showing. I also don't care for her gloves as they are too loose.

I think the gloves have to do with the incense(sp) burning ceremony since Haakon and the man standing behind MM are both wearing them as well.

Crown Prince Haakon (R) and Crown Princess Mette Marit (L) talk on the deck of a ship owned by Wilh. Wilhelmsen's Korean joint venture EUKOR, which handles all car exports from South Korea for Hyundai Motor Company and Kia Motors corporation, at Hyundai Motor's export port in Ulsan, about 410 kms southeast of Seoul, 11 May 2007.

ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

is Crown Princess Mette Marit pregnet again ? looking at the pics it looks like she is.

tara1983 said:
is Crown Princess Mette Marit pregnet again ? looking at the pics it looks like she is.

She's been looking pregnent since winter, if she was their would be an official announcment by now. Personally, I just think its a few extra pounds from her last pregnency:flowers:

Empress said:

:bang: She really doesn't know how to dress at all!! IMO she doesn't have elegance!!! Shorts to a state visit???Why? She looks like she is going to the beach! Can someone advise her please, quickly?
Her hair should be a bit shorter!!!Red and white.....the skirt looks kind of old fashion!!!!!!Please fashion adviser, she had three babies so lets have in mind that and not think of her extra kilos now!! But a fashion adviser yes she needs it! Hate the white dress!

Last edited by a moderator:
Haakon & Mette Marit at a business seminar and luncheon in honor of thier Royal Highnesses at the Hyatt Hotel May 9 , 2007 - gallery

in the gallery from side 2, it says "Kronprinsessen har nok av sko å velge mellom, og fargerike er de og" while showing a picture of lots of shoes. does it mean mette marit went shopping or something?

lovely pictures, by the way. mette marit is doing impressively well lately in everything concerning her role as princess!

I don`t post here very often, but I read and follow the discussions. I am very often amazed over how harsh some of you do critzise the way M-M dresses (and other ptincesses for that matter). First of all; she may not have a models body anymore, and doesn`t carry everything as well as some of the other princesses, but what I think is that I don`t notice that at all with her, because she has a genuinity and aura about her that is just so natural! I have seen her in person, and she connects so well with people and I feel that when she enters the room everybody has to notice her. She is very beautiful, extremely beautiful skin. AND she seems like a really likeable and lovely person!

Crown Princess Mette-Marit won a darts competition between herself and Crown Prince Haakon
biggrin.gif

http://www.anp-photo.com/search.pp?page=2&...3658&pos=20

Crown Prince Haakon congratulates when Crown Princess Mette-Marit won a darts competition
smile.gif

http://www.anp-photo.com/search.pp?page=2&...3660&pos=18

SofieN said:
I don`t post here very often, but I read and follow the discussions. I am very often amazed over how harsh some of you do critzise the way M-M dresses (and other ptincesses for that matter). First of all; she may not have a models body anymore, and doesn`t carry everything as well as some of the other princesses, but what I think is that I don`t notice that at all with her, because she has a genuinity and aura about her that is just so natural! I have seen her in person, and she connects so well with people and I feel that when she enters the room everybody has to notice her. She is very beautiful, extremely beautiful skin. AND she seems like a really likeable and lovely person!

Hurrah !!! for once some one who isnt going on about her looking pregnant , or she cant dress !! , ( I know everyone is allowed there opinion , but some times its just nice to read somthing postive about MM !!) I think she has looked really good this trip !! ok so the shorts werent the so call right thing to wear , but who cares !! ( she still looked great in them !! )

Last edited:
I have to agree with SofieN and SM1939; Mette-Marit is a very beautiful person, and she really has matured from the unconfident single mother she was in 2000 - to become a role model and a great ambassador for Norway. She has great knowledges about things that really matters to her; like Norwegian design, architechture, HIV/Aids problematics and being the spouse of the Norwegian heir to the throne. She has said in an interview that "clothes doesn't matter so much" to her personally. I have met Mette (as the inner circle calls her) several times since we have a few friends in common, and she is a remarkable girl, and so I have told her. And even though she is wearing shorts, a bird's nest on her head - or a formal dress that is a bit too tight around her waist, you must think that she is just a person like every one of us in here; and she goes to the toilet, and eating potato chips like most of us does. I hope you will read this, and think about her as a human being in the future, not only a wardrobe. :)

"Self confidence is the best source to glamour and sex appeal"
-Mahato-, Norwegian hobby philosopher.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great word!
Mette Marit deserves it!
I think she looks fabulous with glamourous and not so glamourous clothes!

Mahato !!!!
great piece on Mette marit !!! norway is very lucky to have her as there crown princess !!!
hopefully there will be more pictures to come !!!

Last edited:
SM1939; I think I am very lucky to know this woman - and my friendship with Mette is sacred, and I will never let her down. She has given a lot of inspiration to me, and I hope I have provided with some back to her. I can also quote Queen Silvia who once said "why can't the media be more interested what is inside my head, instead of what's on it ..." I couldn't be more agreed; off course, royalty are our role models in many aspects of life, and the tabloids make a great deal about giving the last news about the dresses, the hats - or their jewlery. It is hard to imagine a tabloid in the UK - or in Norway for that matter, writing about "Den Gode Samtalen" (The Good Conversation) between Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princess Mette-Marit before their marriage. After what I've being told; this conversation was not which colour they should have in their bedroom, neither which hat she should wear to the State Visit of Queen Elizabeth II in May 2001. The woman has a brain, and she certainly knows how to use it. And I have to quote myself; "she's going to the toilet - and eating potato chips", therefore she's a normal human being. Only with a bit bigger wardrobe than the Average Joe, and yes, sometimes, it doesn't make the complete click, but besides that; Mette-Marit is a great ambassador for Norway, and she always delivers her best in her work. Let her have some credit for that instead.

Except for the short, Princess Mette-Marit looks great on their visit to South Korea. Such a beautiful couple. Thanks for sharing all the photos.

Last edited:
Cldn't agree more with Mahato!!!
CP MM really looked lovely on this trip - not that she never look good but somehow she gave me an impression that she's finally gratuade from the unconfident to self assured and glowing with inner grace and confidence. From the first day, she's has shown more "human" aspect than anyother CPss and I salute her for always giving her best despite all the obstacles she had to face along the way. Although she doesn't carry off fashion as well as the other CPss, she has her own personal brand of style and grace that only she can deliver - I will never forget the way she curtsy to QEII during her state visit to Noway in 01, no other CPss can top that one! So what if she's gained a few pounds - hey! she's a mother 3 times round, and i think she looks just perfect!

Totally loved her this trip - outfits and all!

Crown Prince and Princess visit Hyundai shipyard
Norway's Crown Prince Haakon Magnus and Crown Princess Mette-Marit visited Hyundai Heavy Industries accompanied by 70 government officials and business leaders - read article here

Early celebrations for royal visit

The Norwegian colony in Busan, South Korea celebrated Constitution Day (May 17) early this year - since royalty were in town - read article here

Dear Mahato- I also am very impressed that you know her, she is my FAVORITE CP and has been for some time. I have admired her more for her person then for her fashion sense. Anyone with money can look good with expensive designers and fashion people but not everyone can come accross as a caring and loving person and that is how I see Mette-Marit. I have always loved her as a mother because she seems to really love being one. I love that she and CP Haakon married because they loved each other, I personally think that it will make a big difference to their children lives to know that their mother and father really love each other and are not just together to further thier joint countries. Mette-Marit and Haakon are my very favorite CP family. I look at the newest pictures and she just glows, especally when she is looking at her husband, but then again who wouldn't he is a wonderful person and very handsome. God bless them for all the good they always try to do!!

hola magazine has an article on mette marit in south korea. the subtitle is "and the swan became a princess" and mentions how this visit was culminating in terms of mette marit's role as princess. i totally agree with everything they say. 6 years only when mette marit married and now she is the princess who adapted impresively well to her new life and role. she never fails to impress me.

METTE-MARIT DE NORUEGA... Y EL CISNE SE CONVIRTIÓ EN PRINCESA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom