Official visit to Canada 7-10 November

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

eya

Imperial Majesty
City
-
Country
Greece
Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm...I'm due for Foot Surgery Follow Up in Toronto. I wonder if I could possibly manage to have it then...? :)

Could someone do us non Norwegian speakers the great service of translating the schedule into English please and thank you!?! :)

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

If you click the link you should be able to google translate. There are no dates and times yet just the following;

Ottawa
Crown Princess starts visit in Ottawa Monday 7.november where program ia includes meeting and lunch with Governor General David L. Johnston, exhibition and seminar on the Arctic with the opening of an important satellite in Inuvik, Canadian Arctic, as well as reception with guests from the official Canada where also the Norwegian pianist and composer Ola Gjeilo will perform with Canadian strings and choir. In Ottawa will also meet with the press.

Toronto
Crown Princess travels 8 November to Toronto where Crown Prince will attend the workshop for Norwegian and Canadian music industry. Crown Princess attend the event for the promotion of Norwegian literature in Canada and will include interviewing authors Erlend Loe and Hilde Kristin Kvalvaag. Moreover, Crown Princess attend the innovation seminar at Ryerson University, among others includes visits to the Student Learning Centre designed by Snøhetta.

In Toronto also participates Crown Princess on a "Red Carpet Screening" of the Norwegian Oscar-nominated movie "The King's Choice" ( "The King's no"). Crown Princess will also be present at a ceremony at the memorial stone in Little Norway Memorial Park. Moreover, Crown Princess attend workshops on respectively. diversity, medtech and start-up initiatives, as well as tunneling technology. Departure to St.John's evening 9 November.

St. John's
In St. John's hit Crown Princess attendees at a Norwegian-Canadian seminar on security and emergency preparedness in the Arctic and get a tour of Kongsberg simulators that are important in training in this area. Moreover, they will attend the lunch and seminars on aquaculture and oil and gas industries. Then they tour the Polar Night exhibition, and will also attend a forum on marine research in the Arctic. Crown Princess will also attend literary event at Memorial University of Newfoundland is an open event for the public and students. This will open Crown Princess share its commitment to literature. There will also meet with the Norwegian press in St. John's. In conclusion there will be a reception for business contacts and representatives of provincial governments. The official program ends early evening 10th November.

great pics of what looks like to be a normal, intimate dinner! looks like they went to a restaurant, which is not the usual thing as this sort of dinners are usually offered in the host house.

I had no idea they were in canada. Saw the thread topic and like who is on tour in Canada as couldn't see full title in column :ohmy: seems only British totals get media attention here. Look forward to more pics.

OTTAWA—Their Excellencies the Right Honourable David Johnston, Governor General of Canada, and Mrs. Sharon Johnston will meet with Their Royal Highnesses The Crown Prince and The Crown Princess of Norway, at Rideau Hall, on Monday, November 7, 2016.

Their Royal Highnesses will also travel to Toronto and to St. John’s, Newfoundland and Labrador, as part of their official visit to Canada from November 7 to 10, 2016. During their visit, they will participate in a number of events highlighting innovation, defence, trade, culture, the environment and the Arctic, with the objective of strengthening bilateral relations between Norway and Canada.

The following events will take place at Rideau Hall:
Read more: https://www.gg.ca/document.aspx?id=16607

A close friend of mine met Mette-Marit tonight. He was invited to this evening's event in recognition of his community activism.

He shook her hand, and was blown away by meeting her- said she was warm and friendly and more elegant than he even imagined.

I love stories like that

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

A close friend of mine met Mette-Marit tonight. He was invited to this evening's event in recognition of his community activism.

He shook her hand, and was blown away by meeting her- said she was warm and friendly and more elegant than he even imagined.

I love stories like that

i also love stories like that! thanks for sharing. it is nice to see what people who meet the royals thought of them. did he know who they were when he was invited to the event?

i also love stories like that! thanks for sharing. it is nice to see what people who meet the royals thought of them. did he know who they were when he was invited to the event?

Yes he did! He follows humanitarian work pretty closely and knew of some of Mette-Marit's. He was thrilled to receive the invite.

that is so cool HRH Hermione .........I adore stories like that , thank you for sharing this story with us :)

yesterday's was a nice dress but it unfortunately makes MM look huge.

Back
Top Bottom