Official Visit To Russia - October 2003

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hrhcp

Royal Highness
Country
Canada
http://www.aftenposten.no/english/local/ar...rticleID=654556

Royals to woo Russia

Norway's Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princess Mette-Marit are on a week-long official visit to Russia, where they have been invited by the Russian government. Most of the agenda will be cultural, with one key meeting to smooth the way for business interests in the two countries.

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.kongehuset.no/

On the royal webpage, it says that this visit will begin on Oct 27 and end on Nov. 1, 2003.
(no wonder I can't find pictures yet on polfoto & ibl :) :unsure: :blush: )

I'm excited to see their pics esp Princess Mette-Maritt. Is there going to be a gala dinner?? :)

Via the Norwegian Embassy webpage for Russia :
http://www.norvegia.ru/

click on For nordmenn
( http://www.moscow.mfa.no/Intro/For+nordmenn/default.htm )

27.-31. oktober vil Kronprinsparet besøke Russland.  Kronprinsparet vil først avlegge et besøk til St. Petersburg for deretter å reise videre til Moskva.  Avslutningsvis vil Kronprinsen besøke Murmansk.    Sentralt i programmet står møter med representanter fra næringslivet samt deltakelse på ulike kulturelle arrangementer.

Oct 27 - 31 : The Crown Princely pair will visit Russia. ... (I need some help here) ?? will begin visit in St. Petersburg and then go to Moscow. The Crown Prince will visit Murmansk ..... ?? .....

Attachments

• ry_no_tyssedal_o8fVoLal.jpeg
    ry_no_tyssedal_o8fVoLal.jpeg
    22.5 KB · Views: 403
The first entry in Google, after plugging in "Murmansk Prince Haakon" is:

... The Norwegian crone prince Haakon and his wife Mette-Marit are to spend
one more day in Murmansk than previously planned. The royals ...

Clicking on
http://www.barentsobserver.com

There is then an entry that begins with
To Russia with love, wife and a state mission    2003-10-24

... Norwegian crown prince Haakon .... a reformer of the Norwegian royal house ..... comes to Russia for a state visit, together with his wife, Mette-Marit. The royals are to visit Moscow, St. Petersburg and Murmansk.

Clicking on "Read more" shows :
http://www.ng.ru/world/2003-10-24/6_norway...4/6_norway.html

Attachments

• ry_no2_229_1_11a.jpeg
    ry_no2_229_1_11a.jpeg
    11 KB · Views: 370
I wonder if Russia has opened up ?
I hope its not a problem for pictures of this lovely couple to become available ?

Julia  Posted: Oct 27th, 2003 - 12:58 pm

Russia is much more open now than it was even 5 years ago so, I think that photographs of the royal couple will not be hard to find.

First photos...

Julia ... Thanks.

MM amazes me with her long stride. I can see in that way, Haakon really enjoys her matching her stride with his, although I am inclined to think he really has to s-t-r-e-t-c-h i-t to keep up with her's . :)

Originally posted by King Christian@Oct 27th, 2003 - 12:45 pm
MM amazes me with her long stride. .......................although I am inclined to think he really has to s-t-r-e-t-c-h i-t to keep up with her's . :)
More importantly, maybe it's a stretch for those pesky paparazzi to try and keep up with her. B)

www.hellomagazine.com

Haakon and Mette-Marit Enjoy the Sights of Russia

Crown Prince Haakon and his pregnant wife, Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway, began a week-long tour of Russia on Monday, kicking off their official visit in scenic St Petersburg.

Mette-Marit, now in her sixth month of pregnancy, was radiant upon her arrival, clutching a bouquet of flowers and smiling broadly as she walked alongside her husband.

The royal couple have a full week ahead of them – with an agenda which includes an exploration of the Norwegian-Russian cultural exhibitions in the city, and a key meeting with a business delegates to help bridge economic interests in the two countries. Later this week, Haakon and Mette-Marit are set to travel to Moscow, where, among other activities, they'll take a look at an expanding Norwegian-Russian college which was founded in 1994.

The Princess, who is expecting her first child with the heir to the throne in January, will be sitting out at least one leg of the tour – her husband's brief excursion to Murmansk – as her pregnancy means she requires a lighter schedule.

It's odd, but some of the royal women, whose wardrobes have recieved a lot of critisism in the past, (Mette Marit and Sophie Wessex) seem to blossom and display wonderful fashion sense while pregnant. I love this look on M-M. it's soft, (and in her seemingly favorite color, black) but the floral touch just goes so well with her coloring :)

Originally posted by Fireweaver@Oct 28th, 2003 - 2:29 am
It's odd, but some of the royal women, whose wardrobes have recieved a lot of critisism in the past, (Mette Marit and Sophie Wessex) seem to blossom and display wonderful fashion sense while pregnant. I love this look on M-M. it's soft, (and in her seemingly favorite color, black) but the floral touch just goes so well with her coloring :)
A very good point, Fireweaver. A lot of the various criticisms of the royal women seem to have disappeared with the announcements of their pregnancies. And now it seems that most reporters and publications and news oganizations have nothing but sunny remarks and praise for these women. The fashion police have all but disappeared into the woodwork where Mette-Marit's wardrobe is concerned and the British press can't seem to get enough of Sophie.

Maybe they're afraid to criticize a woman in such a delicate condition? Or just too hard to criticize someone who radiates that wonderful pregnancy glow and looks like they are enjoying their pregnancy and reveling in becoming new mothers.

Alexandria  Posted: Oct 27th, 2003 - 9:42 pm

To go back to the Crown Prince and Crown Princess' arrival in Russia, from the Scandinavian Royals Message board ...

Wow ... a new side to MM.

Wonder what she is trying to say with her grin ?

Attachments

• Mette_Marit_og_Haak_119915c_2.jpg
    Mette_Marit_og_Haak_119915c_2.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 396
Wonderful pictures. The amber room is gorgeous, and I love how Haakon and Mette-Marit stood out in it (with their dark colors against the glowing room).

jun5  Posted: Oct 28th, 2003 - 11:54 am

Kronprinsparet besøkte tirsdag Catharina-palasset like utenfor St. Petersburg.

Nice pictures, Jun5.

..just think, if they didn't know where they were going and MM wore her colorful blouse, how she would clash with such an ornate room ? The thought that goes into bringing the right clothes along boggles (ie: overwhelms) my mind.

Originally posted by King Christian@Oct 28th, 2003 - 8:29 am
Crown Princess Mette-Marit came to Russia by plane but she chooses to continue the trip by train as she and Crown Prince Haakon leave for Moscow Tuesday night.
What a wonderful and delightful looking royal pair. Now all they need to complete the picture is some more little ones. :flower:

It seems like it would be really tough to be a crown princess and have a fear of flying, or I suppose that's still a problem since "she" decided to continue the trip by train. Yup, I know that routine.

Polfoto 28-10-2003 St. Petersburg 28.10.2003 Crown Princess Mette-Marit and Crown Prince Haakon on their official visit to Russia Here, they visit the Summer Palace outside St. Petersburg

Attachments

• NY_1.jpg
    NY_1.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 266
  • NY_2.jpg
    NY_2.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 308
  • NY_mm_1.jpg
    NY_mm_1.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 272
  • NY_3.jpg
    NY_3.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 265
  • NY_3a.jpg
    NY_3a.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 442
  • NY_3b.jpg
    NY_3b.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 318
  • NY_c.jpg
    NY_c.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 318
  • NY_d.jpg
    NY_d.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 411
  • NY_3e.jpg
    NY_3e.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 390
  • NY_4.jpg
    NY_4.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 274
Polfoto 28-10-2003 St. Petersburg 28.10.2003 Crown Princess Mette-Marit and Crown Prince Haakon on their official visit to Russia Here, they visit the Summer Palace outside St. Petersburg

Polfoto 29-10-2003 TAS02: MOSCOW, RUSSIA. OCTOBER 29. Crown Prince Haakon of the Kingdom of Norway © and Crown Princess Mette-Marit (L) seen arrived in the capital of Russia from St.Petersburg on Wednesday morning. In Moscow the Crown Prince is to attend a session of the intergovernmental commission for economic cooperation. The Prince' meetings with Russian members of the Cabinet are scheduled.

Polfoto 29-10-2003 TAS03: MOSCOW, RUSSIA. OCTOBER 29. Crown Prince Haakon of the Kingdom of Norway © and Crown Princess Mette-Marit (L) seen arrived in the capital of Russia from St.Petersburg on Wednesday morning. In Moscow the Crown Prince is to attend a session of the intergovernmental commission for economic cooperation. The Prince' meetings with Russian members of the Cabinet are scheduled.

Polfoto 29-10-2003 TAS03: MOSCOW, RUSSIA. OCTOBER 29. Crown Prince Haakon of the Kingdom of Norway © and Crown Princess Mette-Marit (L) seen arrived in the capital of Russia from St.Petersburg on Wednesday morning. In Moscow the Crown Prince is to attend a session of the intergovernmental commission for economic cooperation. The Prince' meetings with Russian members of the Cabinet are scheduled.

Polfoto 29-10-2003 TAS19: MOSCOW, RUSSIA. OCTOBER 29. Crown Prince Haakon of the Kingdom of Norway ® laying wreathes of flowers at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier by the Kremlin wall, here on Wednesday.

Polfoto 29-10-2003 TAS18: MOSCOW, RUSSIA. OCTOBER 29. Crown Prince Haakon of the Kingdom of Norway ® laid wreathes of flowers at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier by the Kremlin wall, here on Wednesday.

Attachments

• NY_4a.jpg
    NY_4a.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 251
  • NY_5.jpg
    NY_5.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 428
  • NY_5a.jpg
    NY_5a.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 264
  • NY_5b.jpg
    NY_5b.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 243
  • NY_6.jpg
    NY_6.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 277
  • NY_6a.jpg
    NY_6a.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 303
Great pics, Alexandria :flower:

Mette-Marit, she looks so beautiful. She wears a dress well. She does not look at all like a pregnant woman. although she has pregnant, she is very stylish. I think that she has good taste about a cloth. I like her cloths! She is a really unique woman!

Attachments

• RUSSLAND_154024a.jpg
    RUSSLAND_154024a.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 550
  • RUSSLAND_154166a.jpg
    RUSSLAND_154166a.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 206
  • RUSSLAND_154167a.jpg
    RUSSLAND_154167a.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 493
  • 1067492546.jpg
    1067492546.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 216
  • mettemarti.jpg
    mettemarti.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 220
  • barh_sak8.jpg
    barh_sak8.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 200
  • hagjsak.jpg
    hagjsak.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 208
Crown Princess Mette-Marit, She always gives a new expression to clothes by the scarf or the stole. When she puts on a scarf, it is always wonderful. I am always waiting the her next cloth with an idea that what dress does she next have on and appear in public? :rolleyes: Her cloths always excites my interest. Her cloths are widely different with other royal princesses' cloths, though...

www.polfoto.dk OCTOBER 30. Norwegian Crown Prince Haakon © and his spouse Crown Princess Mette Marit (L) are treated to bread and salt while visiting the Russian-Norwegian school in Moscow on Thursday.

www.polfoto.dk OCTOBER 30. Norwegian Crown Prince Haakon ® and his spouse, Crown Princess Mette Marit visiting the Russian-Norwegian school in Moscow on Thursday.

She is so cool!

www.polfoto.dk OCTOBER 30. Norwegian Crown Prince Haakon ® and his spouse, Crown Princess Mette Marit visiting the Russian-Norwegian school in Moscow on Thursday.

she looks so wonderful.

Attachments

• ch081939_guest.jpg
    ch081939_guest.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 215
  • ch081937_guest.jpg
    ch081937_guest.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 231
  • 6q801lht_guest.jpg
    6q801lht_guest.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 263
Originally posted by jun5@Oct 30th, 2003 - 4:33 pm
Crown Princess Mette-Marit, She always gives a new expression to clothes by the scarf or the stole. When she puts on a scarf, it is always wonderful. I am always waiting the her next cloth with an idea that what dress does she next have on and appear in public? :rolleyes: Her cloths always excites my interest. Her cloths are widely different with other royal princesses' cloths, though...
I totally agree with you jun5. Mette-Marit is one of the few young female public figures I know who wears so many scarves with her outfits. Wearing scarves was always something I thought "older" women wore. And while scarves and some ways of wearing them can really make a woman look older, Mette-Marit wears them in a way that while they make her seem more mature, not like a matronly old woman.

And I find, too, that because Mette-Marit's clothes are in such neutral palettes (not like the vibrant and colourful ones her sister-in-law prefers), MM's scarves brighten up her outfit and make them unique and different, not just another black/white/beige outfit.

In the days before and in the first months after her wedding MM seemed very pale, unimpressive, unsure and stiff to me. But in recent months she has changed unbelievably to a wonderful bright and mature woman (maybe "baby-glow" in her eyes helps a little bit). Before I saw her far behind cp Maxima and cp Mathilde, but now they are for me in the same class!
Talking about scarves...I think that can be a lovely accessoire for every woman, it depends rather on the colouring/pattern of the scarf. But I agree on MM it looks a touch better than on other princesses!

1. Polfoto 30-10-2003: MOSCOW, RUSSIA. OCTOBER 30. Norwegian Crown Prince Haakon ® and his spouse, Crown Princess Mette Marit (L) plant a tree when visiting the Russian-Norwegian school in Moscow on Thursday.

2. to 9. ibl bildbyrå snabb och personlig, svenska utländska digitala bilder - 10/30/2003. Crown Prince Haakon of Norway and his wife Crown Princess Mette-Marit are visiting the Russian-Norwegian high school in Moscow.

7. Just from the angle of this picture (straight on as opposed to from the side) and with her scarf partially covering her growing belly, Mette-Marit hardly looks pregnant at all.

Attachments

• trees.jpg
    trees.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 211
  • NY_haakon_mette_marit_506ee.jpg
    NY_haakon_mette_marit_506ee.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 538
  • NY_haakon_mette_marit_506k.jpg
    NY_haakon_mette_marit_506k.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 230
  • NY_haakon_mette_marit_506l.jpg
    NY_haakon_mette_marit_506l.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 189
  • NY_haakon_mette_marit_506m.jpg
    NY_haakon_mette_marit_506m.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 394
  • 746718_05.jpg
    746718_05.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 182
  • tree.jpg
    tree.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 245
  • digging.jpg
    digging.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 196
  • sample.jpg
    sample.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 198
how long both would stay?

that nice pictures to tour because Princess M-M is pregnant who stay at the captiol and very careful for her!

Sara Boyce

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom