NRK Portrait of Mette-Marit

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Her_Majesty

Moderator Emeritus
City
Munich
Country
Germany
NRK plans to create a TV portrait of Crown Princess Mette-Marit which will be aired in August 2011, ten years after the Crown princely wedding.

"We have expectations of getting close to the Crown Princess in her public work and more private. We hope to show viewers a full picture of the upcoming Queen. Her public role has developed in recent years with a strong social commitment of many different groups in society, "said Gelius.

The TV is expected to be aired in August 2011; on the 10th wedding anniversary of Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princess Mette-Marit.

Read more here:
NRK Article

This should be a wonderful oppurtunity to see the Princess up close and personal. Shame we have to wait so long. :)

Here we won't see it, I much regret that ! MM is my favourite Princess !

such great news, but indeed such a shame we will have to wait so long! still a year and a half to go! :(

Great news ... cant wait to see it!!!!!!!!!!

Documentary about Crown Princess Mette-Marit

NRK made a documentary about Mette-Marit.
Hier can you see: NRK Nett-TV - hastighetsmåling
I am curious about your opinion, what do you think about this documentary, about her, did you get new informations about her, about her life? The first part was on 20 November on NRK, the next part can you see on this weekend.

Also an artical about this docufilm.

http://www.newsinenglish.no/2011/11/21/nrk-boosts-mette-marits-image/

And you can read about it also in the blog of Norwegianne (thank you so much for the translation Norwegianne!!)
http://norwegianne.net/2011/11/20/media-kronprinsesse-mette-marit-pt-1/

Last edited by a moderator:
I don´t know why but I can´t see the film when I open the link :-(
I wonder why they chose this time to show the documentary (no birthday or wedding anniversary) but I am glad they made it because CP Mette-Marit is a really charming,smart and kind-hearted person and I am happy to see that she is so well-received by most people!

I wonder why they chose this time to show the documentary (no birthday or wedding anniversary) but I am glad they made it because CP Mette-Marit is a really charming,smart and kind-hearted person and I am happy to see that she is so well-received by most people!

I don't know why can't you see it, if it helps, I can say, that I have Mozilla Firefox and PowerDVD... And from Hungary I can see it... But yesterday I couldn't, but it was then something wrong with NRK channel.

I would love to view the documentary but would need a translater as I'm assuming the documentary is in Norwegian.

I would love to view the documentary but would need a translater as I'm assuming the documentary is in Norwegian.

Yes, I didn't understand it too, but many articals write about it, and Norwegianne made a very good summery, so you can maybe a little bit follow the docu. I hope, later will be make an enlish subtitle or something...

Now I could see the portayal,thanks for posting the link fortimo:)
It didn´t reveal any big unknown facts or details,but it was well put together and very interesting to watch. A lot of commentators criticise it for being too positive and they even say it violates journalist ethics,but I wonder where the same people have been when Mette-Marit was picked apart and treated very rough for her stormy past?The documentary might not be balanced,but it showed how most people perceive her-a charming people´s princess,loving wife and good mother!I´ve always seen her as a strong,determined,beautiful woman who is very pragmatic and down-to earth and takes good care of the people around her.What I like most is that she is talking about her past in an open,honest way and she has shown that she has learnt her lesson and seems to be confident and happy with her life now.

Last edited:

I guess it has been done to mark 10 years of MM as norwegian Crown Princess this year.

I am watching it despite it being most likely in Norwegian but will at least watch and guess what is being said hopefully there is a copy on YouTube and maybe there it can be translated::cross fingers::;)

thank you for posting the documentary is was really good !

Documentary looks pretty good, but I don't understand much what they speak about MM,because I don't know Norway language :)

Funny at the end when she arrives back at the palace with Queen Sonja and then asks "How am I getting home?"

Well I watched both parts of the documentary and have to say I loved it!
Usually we never see that close things as everyday life, relations (even in presence of the camera) between members of the family, Mette-Marit's favorite things and so on.
Hope that we get a fully translated version :flowers:

I don't understand why is it a problem, that this docufilm wasn't more critical. What is the problem with Mette-Marit in Norway? What do the people think about her? I hope the problem isn't her past, I can't imagine, that the people are interesting in it after 10 years...

NRK’s royal TV ‘miniseries’ drew flak : Views and News from Norway

The answer... An critical point is her interesting on luxus-warderobe...
http://translate.google.hu/translat...ks/kronprinsparet/artikkel.php?artid=10016227

Google Fordító

I watched the second part, and I had also the feeling, that she is a very strict boss. When they had the meeting about the Ghana trip, and had some problems, than the air was so frosty and she looked so angry... I wouldn't like her as my boss. And I ask she can manipulate also the King and Queen? Have they really respect to MM or only fear from her??? I think it couldn't be easy work with her and for her.

http://www.vg.no/nyheter/innenriks/kronprinsparet/artikkel.php?artid=10016235

(Sorry, but the google-translater don't work for me... Maybe later... But here on right side the second artical is the english-version: http://translate.google.hu/translate?sl=no&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=hu&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.vg.no%2Fnyheter%2Finnenriks%2Fkronprinsparet%2Fartikkel.php%3Fartid%3D10016227)

Other artical: http://translate.google.hu/translat...1&u=http://www.nrk.no/nyheter/norge/1.7892896

This artical is about her BI study. In the film you can see, that she and an other student are in the classroom with the teacher. Was this a private lesson? Or in Norway can you also study if you are alone in a semester?

Google Fordító

I was a little bit surprised, that the royals have so much to say for their trips at home and also abroad. I didn't think that they organize and plan their trips. I thought always that their programms are made from the palacestaff and from ministers or politicans, and royals should be only there to represent, to smile and to be nice. I read often if they are abroad than many businesspeople and politicans are also with them, I thought this people have the say what the royals should make or not.

Google Fordító

Last edited by a moderator:
I watched the second part, and I had also the feeling, that she is a very strict boss. When they had the meeting about the Ghana trip, and had some problems, than the air was so frosty and she looked so angry... I wouldn't like her as my boss. And I ask she can manipulate also the King and Queen? Have they really respect to MM or only fear from her??? I think it couldn't be easy work with her and for her.

when planning the trip she realised she would not be able to make a aids conference in Mali, she then asks if there is a plane which will make it possible for her to leave Ghana friday morning,travel to London and onwards to Mali so that she can be there in the evening and attend the conference on saturday. Then her staff looks at her and it seems they are thinking it is not possible to make it timwise. LAter in the series you see that her assistant has found away for her to make both the Ghana visit and 24 hours of the AIDS conference in Mali. She was not commanding them, just asking if it was possible to find a solution to be both places.

This artical is about her BI study. In the film you can see, that she and an other student are in the classroom with the teacher. Was this a private lesson? Or in Norway can you also study if you are alone in a semester?

You haev clases together with many other students but is is also usual to have smaller guidance groups, or if you are at a Master studies,meetings with professors alone or with students attatched to the same Professor

I was a little bit surprised, that the royals have so much to say for their trips at home and also abroad. I didn't think that they organize and plan their trips. I thought always that their programms are made from the palacestaff and from ministers or politicans, and royals should be only there to represent, to smile and to be nice. I read often if they are abroad than many businesspeople and politicans are also with them, I thought this people have the say what the royals should make or not.

Trips abroad are often organised by innovation norway which is sort of an umbrella organisation for norwegian industry, they make a program for the business people, and then I guess the royals select amongst the events what they want to attend, as they also attend ceremonial and cultural events I dont think they make all the business events. Of course the ministry of forreign affairs also has a say in where they are going and what is appropriate. But the royals of course do more than smile and look pretty.

I discovered with surprise, that the webside NRK wrote also the text for the docu (and I think all other program too), you should click under the film on "teksting", and with a translater you can read what they say in the film...
NRK TV - Kronprinsesse Mette-Marit - 20.11.2011
Google Fordító (click on "subtitles")

and so with the other part of the docu:
NRK TV - Kronprinsesse Mette-Marit - 27.11.2011
Google Fordító

And if you click on one sentece in the text, than the film shows this part of the docu where this sentence was said...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom