MM's Visit to Ukrain for UNAIDS - October 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would someone mind translating the article above (thank you, Her Majesty for the link)? I have always admired MM for her work with UNAIDS.

Very beautiful and very beautifully dressed I think

Oh! I hope she feels well.

Last edited:
It must of been some fall.

apparently the reminder of the visit will also be cancelled, it has been announced to norwegian newspapers. the spokesperson announced that MM was really sorry. we'll have to wait and see, hopefully there will be an official announcement soon. how unfortunate, it's a real shame. i'm sure MM herself and the activities she was going to visit/get involved with are much dissappointed.

according to aftenposten, she had some troubles before in official visits (in germany, the sunburnt during a press meeting) and the visit to chile, that got cancelled before it started because MM fell ill.

Really bad luck, I hope she gets well soon

Wow! She was in Kiev, in my city :ohmy::shock: But our press tells nothing about this visit :ermm:

I hope she will feel good

Last edited by a moderator:
Poor MM! I hope she recovers quickly and she is able to reschedule the trip for sometime in the future.

Is MM pregnant? She certainly looks it in the pictures of her arrival -

I wondered that also, but I don't think the rules of the forum allow us to speculate. Although (breaking a rule here....) that could explain why she fell. On the other hand, she could be like millions of us and is just naturally clumsy or was rushing to leave her hotel room, trying to put on a high heeled shoe and grab a purse and just fell down.

whatever the reason for the accident, I hope she recovers quickly.

Poor Mette-Marit! I hope that she is going to be okay. It seems like she is quite passionate about the AIDS awareness cause, and I'm sure that she is disappointed that she won't be able to do all of the things that she has planned.

I wondered that also, but I don't think the rules of the forum allow us to speculate.
Indeed. ;)

Parrothead said:
Although (breaking a rule here....) that could explain why she fell. On the other hand, she could be like millions of us and is just naturally clumsy or was rushing to leave her hotel room, trying to put on a high heeled shoe and grab a purse and just fell down.
According to an article I read she was falling down the stairs.

How pity. I wish her all the best.

Last edited:
I'm really sorry for her. She has said in an interview that state visits are very important for them. And it must feel horrible to know that many people are disapponted because things has been called off. I feel really sorry for her, and I hope she recover soon. She must feel horrible for this. Falling in stairs is easy to do, unfortunately, and this time it happened at a very bad time. Well any time is bad, but of all times, at a state visit.... Poor Crownprincess. She take much pride in doing a good job.

Last edited:
Not good luck at all!

To have fallen and hit her head is bad enough, but then to have to cancel the rest of the visit & have it make headlines?!
Poor thing!

but of all times, at a state visit....
Well no, this wasn't a State Visit but a "special" Visit for UNIAIDS.

State Visits include the head of State (King or Queen; or a President), a Galadinner or official reception.

Anyway I agree that it's quite a pitty she had to cancel this visit.
She must be very disappointed.
She always looks like her work for UNIAIDS is one of the most important agendas for her.

indeed, she seems quite interested in UNAIDS and has been to nicaragua and switzerland already in her appointment. will the visit get rescheduled or is definitely cancelled?

Too bad for MM! I was looking forward to seeing her during this visit. If I may comment on the arrival pics, I can't believe how natural she looks. It almost appears as though she has no make-up on. I'm sure that is likely not the case. I know I say it a lot but that is what impresses me most about her. She is simply MM! I think it reveals a lot about her true character. I wonder if she's resting in Kiev or if she has already gone home. I think traveling on a plane with a concussion even a mild one would be very uncomfortable.

Ooops, sorry! Bad choice of words to describe the trip by me. Of course it is not a state visit!

Still, very tragic for her, since hiv/aids is very important for them to work with.

She will recover soon hopefully, but this trip didn't turn out the way it was supposed to unfortunately.

An article in English from aftenbladet.no on this link:- Mette-Marit confined to bed in the Ukraine - Stavanger Aftenblad . I'm glad that it is a slight concussion and not too serious, though she has to stay in bed for 2 days...I feel sorry for her, she's always unfortunate when it comes to travelling, she fell sick before her journey to Chile, she almost slipped or fell down when she visited Telemark and now she had an actual fall in the Ukraine.

I can just imagine how uncomfortable it will be for her to travel on a plane with a concussion. Hopefully, she will be okay.

Whatever the reason for the accident, I hope she recovers quickly.

It could have been as simple as her just tripping over some impediment on the pavement, or road, or ... ?

I mean, we all trip up, every once in awhile, don't we?

MM looked slim to me.
Nothing more.

-- Abbie

It could have been as simple as her just tripping over some impediment on the pavement, or road, or ... ?

I mean, we all trip up, every once in awhile, don't we?

MM looked slim to me.
Nothing more.

-- Abbie

Its said that she has to stay in bed for 2 days though they say it isnt serioues I dont know why the 2 days and yes everyone trips and falls and if its not serioues we are up running around again.

Hope she gets enough rest and we see her in no time :)

Princess Mette Marit arriving at the Hotel Premier Palace in Kiev, Oct 19 2008
PPE Agency

Hotel Premier Palace in Kiev where Princess Mette-Marit is resting after her fall from the stairs, 21-10-2008 Kiev.
PPE Agency

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom