MM's Visit to Ukrain for UNAIDS - October 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope M-M is feeling better, probably feels just as stupid as bad, I know when I trip and fall, my pride is always hurt more then my body. I wish her quick and speedy recovery

I feel sorry for her - I sometimes feel like a walking "accident-waiting-to-happen" myself --- rushing around, having a million things occupying my mind, trying to be on time --- all ingredients for a disaster! I am very "accident-prone."

I feel sorry for her - I sometimes feel like a walking "accident-waiting-to-happen" myself --- rushing around, having a million things occupying my mind, trying to be on time --- all ingredients for a disaster! I am very "accident-prone."

And, it's even more aggravated by the cameras and photogs. following one about all the time!

According to the article Mette-Marit comes home tomorrow.
She also canceled her private meetings in London.

Mette-Marit kommer hjem - SEHER.NO : Norske kongehus

Thank you for this link, but ...

... a translation of this, into English, would be nice :flowers:

Its said that she has to stay in bed for 2 days though they say it isnt serioues I dont know why the 2 days and yes everyone trips and falls and if its not serioues we are up running around again.

Hope she gets enough rest and we see her in no time :)

Yes, quite right.

I am a bit confused by the part where she hit her head?

How do you think she might have done that? That is, how do you fall in such a way so as to hit your head? I am guessing she fell backward and hit her head on the pavement or something. :ermm:

Last edited by a moderator:
According to an article in the English version of Aftenposten MM is recovering and because she knows there was a delegation of HIV/AIDS workers who had travelled from all over the Ukraine to meet her, she invited them to meet her in her hotel suite while she recovers from a fall.

I'm impressed by what a gracious gesture that is. Despite suffering a fall and the subsequent concussion (which I'm sure has her sore and with a very bad headache) she is taking the time to meet the workers. Such a nice move to not let them down despite the mishap! I think it shows a lot of spirit and professionalism on her part. Very impressive!!

According to an article in the English version of Aftenposten MM is recovering and because she knows there was a delegation of HIV/AIDS workers who had travelled from all over the Ukraine to meet her, she invited them to meet her in her hotel suite while she recovers from a fall.

I'm impressed by what a gracious gesture that is. Despite suffering a fall and the subsequent concussion (which I'm sure has her sore and with a very bad headache) she is taking the time to meet the workers. Such a nice move to not let them down despite the mishap! I think it shows a lot of spirit and professionalism on her part. Very impressive!!

Wow :eek::eek:!

I am equally amazed.

Now, when do you ever read about anyone recovering from anything, who invites folks to their sick room, recovery place to meet them?

I say, hardly ever.

I think her gesture will never be forgotten. Nor, should it.

Kudos to the Norwegian Crown Princess :wub:

My norwegian is not that good to present pre translation :lol:

but maybe norwegian members are able to help :flowers:

Wow :eek::eek:!

I am equally amazed.

Now, when do you ever read about anyone recovering from anything, who invites folks to their sick room, recovery place to meet them?

I say, hardly ever.

I think her gesture will never be forgotten. Nor, should it.

Kudos to the Norwegian Crown Princess :wub:

It's for reasons like this that she is my favorite CP. She does her job so well and doesn't always make the headlines. She may not always be the most fashionable, but to me it's obvious she is very passionate about what she does and tries to do the best job possible (hence inviting AIDS workers to her room while recovering from a concussion), seems to be a wonderful mom and very much in love with her husband. Not that I am slighting any of the other CPs because I'm not, but I'm just blown away by what a wonderful gesture it is.

How do you think she might have done that? That is, how do you fall in such a way so as to hit your head?

You don't need to fall any particular way in order to hit your head. I think it all depends on if you can "catch" youself or not and the motion of your body at the time.
From what I've read, she fell on the stairs and (I'm guessing here)she probably either hit her head on another step or on the floor.
In either case, I'm glad that she invited to the people to come to her, rather than just blowing off the engagment all together. Shows a lot on her part.
I can just imagine how sore her body is and how bad her head aches if she did hit it on a step or something. Poor thing.

By Parrothead:

And there are people out there, complaining about how this Crownprincess is doing her job! This shows what a great person she must be.

I hope she will recover soon. And again, how many other people (royals) would invite people to the suite in the hotel if something happened to them? Very few is my guess.

Poor Mette-Marit seems to have trouble when traveling or about to travel. I know she got pretty sick before the trip to Chile, got badly sunburnt by photographers, and didn't she break her leg and have to wear a cast?

I feel so bad for MM! I really hope that she feels better very soon!

By acdc1:
Poor Mette-Marit seems to have trouble when traveling or about to travel. I know she got pretty sick before the trip to Chile, got badly sunburnt by photographers, and didn't she break her leg and have to wear a cast?

Yes she broke her right leg during easter holiday back in 2002. She was out of the cast by the time Princess Märtha Louise was married May 24th that year, but she wore a support bandage on her leg, and had crutches. And she did not walk from the churc (Nidarosdomen) to the place the wedding was celebrated. (Stiftsgården)

A Norwegian magazine that came out this day, had listed up all sickness and accidents the CP has been through, and it was quite a list.

It was a German company that came to make interviews with the CP and the Cprince, and they used reflectors that reflected the sun very much, a lot more intense than it should be, so they bot ended up pretty burned. I think that happened in the spring of 2002 too. I think CP MM's scars were still visible, even with make up, at the wedding of her sister in law.

It was a German company that came to make interviews with the CP and the Cprince, and they used reflectors that reflected the sun very much, a lot more intense than it should be, so they bot ended up pretty burned. I think that happened in the spring of 2002 too. I think CP MM's scars were still visible, even with make up, at the wedding of her sister in law.

Yes, I remember seeing photos of both MM and CP Haakon after doing the scorching interview.
Both had second and third degree burns on their faces -- hideous, to see, really. I was shocked that neither of them sued the company who permitted the interview to take place under such hazardous conditions.
Or, put it this way: I never read of them having sued anyone for the awful damage done to their skins, and appearance.
Mette-Marit is so pretty that it would take an awful lot to mar her fabulous looks, though.
Not that this is any excuse for such negligence, but still ....

-- Abbie

It takes a bit of work to do translations unless you are completely fluent in both languages.
Sometimes a summary is enough ;)

How do you think she might have done that? That is, how do you fall in such a way so as to hit your head? I am guessing she fell backward and hit her head on the pavement or something. :ermm:

I think the links from earlier in the thread said that she fell on the stairs.

It takes a bit of work to do translations unless you are completely fluent in both languages.
Sometimes a summary is enough ;)

Oh, I quite agree. Then, a summary will do nicely :).
I think the links from earlier in the thread said that she fell on the stairs.
Mmmm, when I posted what I did, I don't think the information about MM falling down stairs was put up.
I could be wrong, though.

-- Abbie

22-10-2008 Kiev Crown Princess Mette-Marit during her visit to the Scandinavian School in Kiev, Ukraine.
The Princess resumed her visit to Ukraine after recovering from a concussion of the brain earlier this week. The Princess is for 3 days as a special representative of the UNAIDS in Ukraine.

Picture Gallery

Oh it's great to see her continuing the Visit! :flowers:
She seems to be fine again. Great to see her smiling.
It must have been very important for her to be able to attend at least a few of the planned events.

A translation of some new articles (linked furher down)

Mette Marit back

A happy Crown Princess Mette-Marit visited the Scandinavian school in Kiev Wednesday.

- I have gotten a forceful blow to the head and have had aches in all my body. I got a slight concussion; the Crown Princess said when she met the press two days after the dramatic fall.

- I am happy it went as well as it did, The Crown Princess said.

She fell and hit her head on stone stairs Monday.

- It has been hard for me to cancel this trip, she told the press.

Happy, a little pale, but without visible hurts she visited the Scandinavian School "Scandinavian Gymnasium” where children and youth learn Swedish, Danish, Finnish and Norwegian.

She wore flat shoes, walked calmly and controlled, and obviously watched her step, Scanpic-photographer Lise Åserud tells.

- She was met with a traditional welcome greeting with bread and salt. She tore the bread, ate some and greeted the children dressed in folk costumes. Afterwards there was music and dance, but the Crown Princess did not dance.

The Crown Princess held a speech to the pupils, and enthusiastically answered their questions about HIV/Aids, a topic she feels one has to talk openly about.

- The more one talks of it, maybe it will be easier to handle the sickness in a longer perspective. She highlighted that she wishes to continue to work for UNAIDS.

After her fall and concussion on Monday, Mette-Marit had to drop the rest of the program that day, as well as the next day. Wednesday she expressed joy to be back.

When the Crown Princess had travelled home to Norway Wednesday night, she plans to visit the doctor the next day.

Her program in London has been cancelled.

Articles (In Norwegian) and pictures

- Jeg har slått meg kraftig i hodet - Kjendis.no

Rett på sykehus hjemme i Norge - Nyheter - Kongelige - Aftenposten.no

Avlyser stortingsmiddagen - Side2

Mette-Marit: - Jeg har slått meg kraftig i hodet - VG Nett om Kongehuset

I´m sorry for the speculation, but looking at this photos from PPE I have to say this: Or Mette Marit put on weight or she is pregnant.

Last edited:
Or Mette Marit put on weight or she is pregnant.

I don't think she is pregnant.

When she fell down the strairs she wasn't brought to hospital, but only was under examination of a doctor.
If she were pregnat she would have been brought to a hospital after the fall (to check the baby's health).

So, I hope the speculations won't move on in this thread. ;)

Yes, you are right Her Majesty. I´m sorry for the speculation, time will see;)

Will she continued the visit to Ukranie this days?

i'm happy MM met the representatives in her hotel and managed to continue her visit, even if at the very end. both are quite nice gestures of her involvement.

Thank you for picture links.

I saw her on the news tonight, and she was very pale. Well her complexion is pale and her hair is fair, but she looked paler than normal. She said she felt dizzy, but she will be ok. It was a longer glimpse on the news about her, but that is what I saw when I walked in the door at home looking at the tv screen.

She looks great in these photos, but I must agree with Laurentienne that she looks very pale.

Thank you for picture links.

I saw her on the news tonight, and she was very pale. She said she felt dizzy, but she will be ok.

Oh, dear oh dear ... I'm sorry to hear that she is still "under the weather" as we say here in the US.

Well then, wasn't it especially game of MM to have welcomed folks into her Hotel Room when she really must have been feeling unwell, so soon after her tumble?

I am even more impressed, with her, now.

I am glad to see the CP back on her feet again and not cancelling her trip to the Ukraine, I read in one of the articles that she was going to cancel her trip and fly back to Norway, she also looked fine to me, she was able to put on a brave smile on her face without showing any signs of pain. And it is her outfit that made her look a little fat. Here is an article in Norwegian from klikk.no with some pics focusing on the flat shoes she was putting on:- Oppegående kronprinsesse flater ut - Mette-Marit dropper hælene - Kongelig - klikk.no

It is nice and brave that MM did not cancel her visit after this accident. I am sure people would appreciate this.

Some here recalled the indecent that Mette Marit andd Haakon had with German reporters couple years ago. It was awful. Their faces looked terrible after being burned, but fortunatelly they recovered and now all marks are gone. I have never heard about VIPs having so horrible adventure with the media.:angry:

I am sorry to say that MM looks here dowdy. Why she is wearing those black stockings again. :ermm: I also don't like she has flats. While comfortable, flat shoes are not that elegant like shoes with even little heel.
Her hair in nice though. I like her with this shorter hair.:)

I am sorry to say that MM looks here dowdy. Why she is wearing those black stockings again. :ermm: I also don't like she has flats. While comfortable, flat shoes are not that elegant like shoes with even little heel.
Her hair in nice though. I like her with this shorter hair.:)[/quote]

Would you wear high heeled shoes if you had fallen and were feeling dizzy ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom