Mette-Marit's visit to Switzerland April 25-26

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
From Aftenposten

Mette-Marit to fight HIV/AIDS
..........Crown Princess Mette-Marit will take part in a global conference on HIV/AIDS in Toronto, Canada this August. Crown Princess Mette-Marit will likely be accompanied by her husband, Crown Prince Haakon............
http://www.aftenposten.no/english/local/article1292557.ece

Attachments

• METTE-MARIT__059634_393121h.jpg
    METTE-MARIT__059634_393121h.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 203
  • METTE-MARIT__059628_393117h.jpg
    METTE-MARIT__059628_393117h.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 160
  • METTE-MARIT__059566_392966g.jpg
    METTE-MARIT__059566_392966g.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:
Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway smiles after a news conference at the UNAIDS headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland, April 25, 2006. Crown Princess Mette-Marit, who has been recently appointed as Special Representative for the Joint United Nations Programme on HIV / AIDS (UNAIDS), announced plans to generate more attention and support for young people living with and affected by HIV. REUTERS

Larger photos

Attachments

• r279335748.jpg
    r279335748.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 225
  • r1282085978.jpg
    r1282085978.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 159
  • r2675745401.jpg
    r2675745401.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 221
  • r3100024095.jpg
    r3100024095.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 239
2 from Polfoto

Attachments

• AP760789.jpg
    AP760789.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 177
  • AP760790.jpg
    AP760790.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 256
Mette Marit looks just great,I love her shoes.

Larzen said:
She was interveiwed together with Piot in english by the press, they showed some of it on TV, her english is quite good IMO
more from PPE and NRK

Do you know where there is any footage of the interview on the net?:)

From the UNAIDS website
“I am proud to be appointed UNAIDS Special Representative. UNAIDS plays an important role in coordinating the global effort to fight HIV and AIDS,” said the Crown Princess. “Making all powers pull in the same direction is vital in fighting such a complex issue. The UNAIDS staff is notably driven by deep dedication and strong sense of purpose.”
Her Royal Highness asked the UN+ members about challenges faced by HIV-positive staff when considering disclosing their status to colleagues. “Fear is a big issue for many staff,” explained Kevin Moody. “Fear of discrimination at work and fear of losing your job. We also face a number of other challenges including issues around health insurance and the respect for confidentiality in the workplace.”
Members of UN+ encouraged the Crown Princess in her new role as UNAIDS Special Representative to remind governments to implement and commit the GIPA Principles (GIPA, Greater involvement of people living with HIV adopted at the Paris AIDS summit 1994). “We want to communicate the value added in the AIDS response when involving people living with HIV and we hope you can help us to ensure the international community takes the principles further,” said another member of the group.
The Crown Princess will attend the upcoming International AIDS conference in Toronto later this year. Among other activities she will seek to include the GIPA principles in her effort to meet the AIDS challenge
UkPress
Some more from the signing of the contract and the press conference

I think this must be of her leaving the hotel to attend the dinner

Last edited:
Mette-Marit looks great and happy in these pictures (although I don't like what she is wearing).
She really has a natural beauty and glow.
I think it's wonderful that she is now engaged with UNAIDS.

The suit could be cute but why is she wearing that oogly shirt that is ruining the neckline and hanging under the jacket, and brown and grey is not the best combination IMO

UK press

Attachments

• Mette-Marit_Geneva_42-UKP.jpg
    Mette-Marit_Geneva_42-UKP.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 184
  • Mette-Marit_Geneva_43-UKP.jpg
    Mette-Marit_Geneva_43-UKP.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 246
  • Mette-Marit_Geneva_41-UKP.jpg
    Mette-Marit_Geneva_41-UKP.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 192
  • Mette-Marit_Geneva_39-UKP.jpg
    Mette-Marit_Geneva_39-UKP.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 211
  • Mette-Marit_Geneva_38-UKP.jpg
    Mette-Marit_Geneva_38-UKP.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 187
Last edited:
She looks kinda school girl-ish, but kinda cute...
at least, it's not a total dark outfit.

Larzen said:
The suit could be cute but why is she wearing that oogly shirt that is ruining the neckline and hanging under the jacket, and brown and grey is not the best combination IMO
I agree with you on the neckline of the shirt, Larzen, but I also think that the suit could be better around the neck as well. I kind of like the casual/formal combination of it hanging out at the bottom, though.

purple_platinum said:
She looks kinda school girl-ish, but kinda cute...
at least, it's not a total dark outfit.

I agree with you , it is school girlish but kinda cute ,
I think she looks good , not keen on the brown tights and shoes but other than that she looks good

A few more from today activites,unfortunatly UK press offers no caption

And Mette-Marit and Svere Magnus what looks like the train station, probably leaving to go back to Norway via Zurich
The man next to her looks alot like the former Lord Chamberlain who is now ambassador to Switzerland (and whos name escapes me at the moment) In the background on the 3 pic you can also see information secretary Sveng G Gjeruldsen (carrying a suitcase and wearing glasses)

and from PPE

Attachments

• 06042690.jpg
    06042690.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 171
  • 06042691.jpg
    06042691.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 224
  • 06042692.jpg
    06042692.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 186
  • 06042693.jpg
    06042693.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 202
  • 06042694.jpg
    06042694.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 246
  • 06042695.jpg
    06042695.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 213
  • 06042696.jpg
    06042696.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 225
  • Mette-Marit_Geneva_53-UKP.jpg
    Mette-Marit_Geneva_53-UKP.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 526
  • Mette-Marit_Geneva_55-UKP.jpg
    Mette-Marit_Geneva_55-UKP.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 232
  • Mette-Marit_Geneva_56-UKP.jpg
    Mette-Marit_Geneva_56-UKP.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 191
Last edited:
Larzen, thanks a bunch for the photos & the additional informations...

aawww... little Sverre's stroller looks comfortable..

I kind of like the gray suit. The pinstripes look nice. Plus the gray makes the red AIDS ribbon really stand out. I'm looking forward to future travels that Mette-Marit will make with UNAIDS. I wonder who that group of young kids she is pictured with are.

It's great to see her taking bigger roles....she's really coming into her own and that's wonderful. I think she has a certain charm and quality that makes her a great CP and future Queen of Norway!

Larzen said:
She's not the most stylish princess and she's a bit bland and boring, but she's doing something useful as CP with UNAIDS. Her beautiful, glowing skin, which reminds me of Mathilde, and her shiny blonde hair always looks good no matter what she's wearing.

She looks great!Her hair suits her perfectly and I totally agreed that she should wear more vibrant colour.She is a young working mother and she does a wonderful job.

HRH looks to me as if she has put on a few kilos...

"MII"

Margrethe II said:

"MII"
I think she looks wonderful.

Margrethe II said:

"MII"

She looks fine to me.

Margrethe II said:

"MII"

I think its because she is still breast feeding??
dont you think?

kwanfan said:
Could someone traslate the gist of this article? http://www.aftenposten.no/nyheter/kongelige/article1293347.ece
The headline about the USA caught my interest.

Mette-Marit does not like that USA does not grant Visum to people with HIV/AIDS, but she cant comment on it directly

When Aftenposten asked her about it she said: It is a political questions I cant answer, but stigma and discrimination of people wuth HIV/AIDS shoudl not occure and it is one of the most important questions for UNAIDs to work with
Mette-Marit had a hard time in the beginning of her public life, one of her best supporters were the then Bishop of Oslo, Gunnar Stålest, he did not hesitate when she asked if he would go with her to the conference in Toronto. He says that the Crown Princess is a role model on a national level but can also become an international on (Personally I dont think so, Norway is a tiny country) Also Haakon will go with them to Toronto
My note
This follows an article (cant remember where I read it) who said that Mette-Marit, Haakon and Sonja are not so happy with the new bishop of Oslo Ole Kristian Kvarme, Kvarme is much more conservative, especially on gay issues than Stålett, and that the royal family does not have the same good relationship with Kvarme as they did with Stålsett (who married them). The Bishop of Oslo is the royal familys family priest by tradition and thus it was him who baptized Sverre Magnus.

sm1939 said:
I think its because she is still breast feeding??
dont you think?

I must admit that I did not think of that sm1939...I pressume that its really very likely and that THAT explains the bust line..doh :rolleyes: :D

I just found it interesting that Mette-Marit was pregnant at the time of the bi-centenial yet looked a little slimmer compared to now.

"MII"

Margrethe II said:
I must admit that I did not think of that sm1939...I pressume that its really very likely and that THAT explains the bust line..doh :rolleyes: :D

I just found it interesting that Mette-Marit was pregnant at the time of the bi-centenial yet looked a little slimmer compared to now.

"MII"

must admit I agreed with you , even thou she does look fab at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom