Mette-Marit's visit to Germany, 17.-18. October, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wartenberg7

Heir Presumptive
City
Hamburg
Country
Germany
Hamburg off. visit

I´ve read in a serious local newspaper that HRH the Crownprincess
will visit Hamburg, Germany, on Oct. 18th in an official function!

Tuesday October 17th - 19.30 - The Crown Princess will be present at a reception on the occasion of the reopening of the Norwegian consulate in Hamburg.

Wednesday, October 18th,
10.00 - The Crown Princess will reopen the consulate in Hamburg.
11.00 - The Crown Princess will be received by Hamburg's mayor, Ole von Beust at Hamburg City Hall
15.15 - The Crown Princess will visit the Norwegian seamen's church in Hamburg

According to NTB article published in various Norwegian papaers it is royal fever:lol: in Hamburg for the upcomming visits of Silvia and Mette-Marit. According to NTB Mette-Marit will be met at the airport by a big delegation of german press and the press interest in the visit is huge, they also write that the press is not too interested in the real purpose of the trip, the opening of the consulate, and then alot of bla bla about phoney magazine stories etc and the cancelled visit in 2002 because of the severe sun burns
http://www.vg.no/pub/vgart.hbs?artid=134215

Larzen said:
According to NTB article published in various Norwegian papaers it is royal fever:lol: in Hamburg for the upcomming visits of Silvia and Mette-Marit. According to NTB Mette-Marit will be met at the airport by a big delegation of german press and the press interest in the visit is huge, they also write that the press is not too interested in the real purpose of the trip, the opening of the consulate, and then alot of bla bla about phoney magazine stories etc and the cancelled visit in 2002 because of the severe sun burns
http://www.vg.no/pub/vgart.hbs?artid=134215

The media echo in Germany is as great as to lead to a main page info at Google News Germany. That is close to the impact that the (German) pope's visit had before he was actually here. Okay, there might be some truth in the reports!

What a Royal Week for Hamburg. Lucky people who live there. First Queen Silvia and now Mette-Marit. I'm quite jealous. ;)

From anp

11vz5.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the pics. :flowers:

Is the man in the plane next to Mette-Marit one of her brothers? I remember having read that her brother (the one who is a pilot) accompanies her in planes because of her fear of flying. Is that correct?

It looks like it could be...I was looking at the thread of current events for Haakon and Mette-Marit and found a picture of Mette-Marit with one or two of her brothers at a game. The one on her left looks alot like the guy in the first picture standing behind her...
Picture first posted by Larzen (thanks Larzen!!!)
from Scanpix:

http://imageshack.us/?x=my6&myref=h...-marit-current-events-part-16-a-10639-10.html

I love her earrings! The white top looks like the same one she wore during the first day of the AIDS conference.

I love her earrings, her hairdo and her skirt.:) But I'm not sure about this blouse. Looks a bit proper...

Norway's Crown Princess Mette-Marit attends a reception in Hamburg, Tuesday, Oct. 17, 2006.

polfoto

I like her hairdo and earrings. She looks quite nice in these blouse and black skirt.
But the blouse could has short sleeves and not so high neck or smth.

But why she's wearing so black/thick black tights?

Last edited:
She looks very librarianish in this outfit, I don't like it. Aside from that she looks very pretty.

RachelD said:
It looks like it could be...I was looking at the thread of current events for Haakon and Mette-Marit and found a picture of Mette-Marit with one or two of her brothers at a game. The one on her left looks alot like the guy in the first picture standing behind her...
Picture first posted by Larzen (thanks Larzen!!!)
from Scanpix:
http://img62.imageshack.us/my.php?image=222ck8.jpg
He is not her brother it is her bodyguard, he usually always accompanies her, you can see him in many pictures, like in Thailand, in Greece, at many normal engagements in Norway, I think he is very tall because he usually stands out.

I like Mette Marit..but I don't like this outfit AT ALL:mad:

It does nothing for her...it doesn't flatter her complexion or her figure. I am okay with the constant black that she wears (although I can do without the black tights with EVERYHING) but this shapeless outfit is just ridiculous. She has been in a fashion funk lately hasn't she? Maybe she is uncomfortable with the weight she gained with the last baby.

You are very severe, I think she is beautiful, it doesn't matter if she has gained a little weight

Mette-Marit looks terrific. I love her hair in the back and I think her blouse is very pretty. I don't think she looks overweight at all... she looks healthy!

Other than her choice in clothes, I too think Mette Marit looks great. And for the record, I never said (if any post was directed to my post) that she looks fat or is overweight. The point is, she has gained a little weight since the birth of her last child or perhaps her weight is distributed differently. And most women (myself included) sometimes hide weight changes with baggy clothes. IMO this outfit doesn't show off her attributes :flowers:

The interesting thing about the talk that she's put on weight is that if you look through her recycling thread, every so often she wears an older outfit from pre-Sverre's birth. For example, the jacket worn to the incest conference was worn originally in late 2004 http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/505010-post112.html
The black Prada coat dress from 2004 was just worn again recently
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/502214-post109.html
Or the pink dress from 2004
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/497754-post106.html
So some outfits seem to indicate she's got some extra baby weight, but yet she still is able to wear some of the things she wore in 2004 following Ingrid Alexandra's birth, when she seemed to lose the baby weight fairly quickly.
I think she looked really good tonight. I just love black and white as a combo, plus her earrings are fab!

Roxsteve said:
Poor thing! She looks 60!

There was a Norwegian author of young adult books who came to live in Kiel, (a bit north of Hamburg) after the war. Her name was Annik Saxegaard but she wrote under the name of Berte Bratt and was very famous, very successful with her books featuring young Norwegian girls and their way into adulthood, love and marriage (later she wrote about young German girls).

Mette-Marit does not look sixty, as Roxsteve wrote, but she looks as if she was one of these proper Norwegian girls out of a book from the sixties. Which was a nice enough time, peaceful and positive, prim and proper, but it's definately long gone - except obviously in Norway.:ROFLMAO:

must say , I like it ! she looks really nice, love the hair , she looks very elegant ! thanks for posting the pictures!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom