The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-16-2008, 12:31 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

Mette-Marit receives the Fredrikke Prize 2008

Today Princess Astrid and Crown Princess Mette-Marit attended the Frederikke Prince award.
The Price goes to the humanitarian Foundation of the Crown Princely Couple.

Pictures from Scanpix
Supload.com // Free Image Hosting

Old 02-16-2008, 01:05 PM
Courtier

It`s always great to see Princess Astrid

Old 02-16-2008, 02:44 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

Mette-Marit and Princess Astrid at the sanitation women's Fredrikke prize 2008 ceremony at The Norwegian Theatre in Oslo Saturday afternoon.
ANP

Picture1
Picture2
Picture3
Picture4
Picture5
Picture6
Picture7

In a way MM doesn't yet look very healthy to me. In some pictures she looks a bit sick (swollen face and eyes).
Anyway: It's great to see MM and Astrid attending this event together!

Old 02-16-2008, 04:31 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Nice to see Mette Marit on the job again! Princess Astrid looks fantastic.
Old 02-16-2008, 05:05 PM
Serene Highness

Thanks for the pics. It's nice to see Mette-Marit and Astrid together. It's kind of nice change to the typical pairs we see on engagements. I like Mette-Marit's skirt.
Old 02-16-2008, 05:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

The Prize did not go to the CP-couples foundation but to Mette-Marit for promoting openess, awareness, HIV/AIDS and mental health issues and generally standing behind the inlcusive idea of the The Norwegian Women's Public Health organisation. The Prize money however she has decided will go into the foundation. Princess Astird (who is their patron) looked elegant and like a Princess, Mette-Marit looked like a mess, again Would it kill her to make a bit more effort with her apperanced when representing.
Old 02-16-2008, 07:18 PM
Royal Highness

Cool

Thanks for the pictures. I'm always delighted to see Princess Astrid.
Old 02-17-2008, 05:36 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty View Post
Mette-Marit and Princess Astrid at the sanitation women's Fredrikke prize 2008 ceremony at The Norwegian Theatre in Oslo Saturday afternoon.
ANP

Picture1
Picture2
Picture3
Picture4
Picture5
Picture6
Picture7

In a way MM doesn't yet look very healthy to me. In some pictures she looks a bit sick (swollen face and eyes).
Anyway: It's great to see MM and Astrid attending this event together!
Mette-Marit definitely does not look well.

Princess Astrid on the other hand, looks very well, (and she looks even younger now at 76 than she did 10 years ago.)
Old 02-17-2008, 08:23 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larzen View Post
The Prize did not go to the CP-couples foundation but to Mette-Marit for promoting openess, awareness, HIV/AIDS and mental health issues and generally standing behind the inlcusive idea of the The Norwegian Women's Public Health organisation. The Prize money however she has decided will go into the foundation. Princess Astird (who is their patron) looked elegant and like a Princess, Mette-Marit looked like a mess, again Would it kill her to make a bit more effort with her apperanced when representing.
Agree with you Larzen. I wish Mette Marit would use make up and do something with here hair But I like here skirt.
Old 02-17-2008, 09:41 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Its interesting to see what MM promotes becasue she does promote things that do need awarness on. Great to see Princess Astrid with MM. Its nice to see MM with other royals at events. P.Astrid looked very elegent while MM couldve accesorized her outfit abit to make it not look so boring.
Old 02-17-2008, 10:02 AM
Heir Presumptive

She doesn't look well, very pale and I wonder what is wrong with her.
If it was because of a pregnancy it would be announced now
Old 02-17-2008, 11:17 AM
Courtier

I agree

MM does look as though she rolled out of bed, slapped on a few clothes at had, leapt into a cab, and made it to the event.

I know she didn't, though. She's not my fave CP but I get the feeling that she does work at the "job."

Winters are long in Norway - perhaps she's feeling a bit of Seasonal Affective Disorder. When I lived in the Upper Midwest of the US, I struggled with it right about now. Winter seemed endless and I would give a lot for a straight-up shot of sunshine.
Old 02-19-2008, 03:41 AM
Commoner

Mette-Marit receives award

The Scandinavian Royals Message Board: Crownprincess Mette-Marit & Princess Astrid
See link to the scandinavian royal message board.
Old 02-19-2008, 11:23 AM
Heir Presumptive

Is Princess Astrid injured? If, what does she have?
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 02-19-2008, 11:49 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

I admire Mette-Marit for the good and partly unusal causes she supports and for her humanitarian engagement which gives her kind of an own profile. But then her looks ... What a mess! She has this wonderful blonde hair and does nothing with it ... and I can't stand all this black stuff on her any longer! That's other peoples' wardrobe for a funeral and she uses it for every day events! Some colour and a hairstylist, please!!!