Mette-Marit producing CD: Sorgen & Gleden

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

norwegianne

Majesty
City
Rogaland
Country
Norway
Kongehuset reports that Mette-Marit has accepted an invitation from Kirkelig Kulturverksted, and will be participating both as an editor for a new CD with hymns/psalms, where she'll be choosing both the psalms and the artists involved, and be present as a co-producer during the recording. The CD will be recorded in January.

The proceeds from the sale of the CD will go to Kirkens Bymisjon (Church City Mission)

Se & Hør reports that the collection will be songs that have been important to Mette-Marit, and that artists like Maria Solheim, Kari Bremnes, Solveig Slettahjul and Susanne Sundfø are some of the ones that will be participating in the project.

Given that Mette-Marit reportedly was in the audience at Norwegian Idol last time, it might be interesting to see who the final artists will be :ROFLMAO:

Someone like Maria Solheim who sang at Ingrid Alexandra's christening is definitely not a surprise.

If these CD will have Hymns and Psalms in them, and the money will go to the profit of a Church it's O.K.

I'm happy that all these old religious songs are being compiled. :flowers:

Vanesa.

That is so neat. She will probably have a blast. She seems like she would be so much fun.

how interesting and different!
i wonder if mette-marit is interested in music and this is something of her own initiative. is norwegian idol a reality show? how come she was there?

how interesting and different!
i wonder if mette-marit is interested in music and this is something of her own initiative. is norwegian idol a reality show? how come she was there?
It does seem like music, specifically religious music is an interest of Mette-Marit's. One of her patronages is the Oslo International Church Music Festival.

This sounds like a very interesting project for a princess to be involved with. I hope she has fun doing it and that lots of benefit comes from the cd.

CP Mette-Marit has been co-producer on a cd with psalms and hymns. As far as I can gather she has chosen some of her favourite hymns, and hymns that means something to her. She comments upon some of them in the article. Norweigan artists perform the hymns. The cd will be released (in Norway) 28/2-08.

Mette-Marit refser det overfladiske - VG Nett

Platekompaniet

Photos;
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r248/KikkiB/Royal%20photos/Norway/1203966378030_832.jpg (M-M talking to someone)

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r248/KikkiB/Royal photos/Norway/1203966251628_780.jpg (Cd cover)

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r248/KikkiB/Royal photos/Norway/1203966142092_653.jpg (M-M listening through head phones)

Last edited:
CP Mette-Marit has been co-producer on a cd with psalms and hymns. As far as I can gather she has chosen some of her favourite hymns, and hymns that means something to her. She comments upon some of them in the article. Norweigan artists perform the hymns. The cd will be released (in Norway) 28/2-08.

Mette-Marit refser det overfladiske - VG Nett

Platekompaniet

Photos;
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r248/KikkiB/Royal%20photos/Norway/1203966378030_832.jpg (M-M talking to someone)

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r248/KikkiB/Royal photos/Norway/1203966251628_780.jpg (Cd cover)

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r248/KikkiB/Royal photos/Norway/1203966142092_653.jpg (M-M listening through head phones)
I like her explanation on why she's chosen some of the psalms - for example "Jeg er i Herrens hender" to calm her down when she is flying,

She also mentions that she ties a lot of her identity into being a mother.

The VG article focus on how she talks about the superficiality being a big part of our society, and correspondingly, the commenters in that particular forum claim that someone who appears in evening dresses from Paris shouldn't speak too loud about superficiality. [making it sound like she does it every day] Of course, the overall level of posting there is not all that high, or deep, and a joke in certain circles. :ermm:

Pics 26.2.2008

Norway's Crown Princess Mette-Marit during the recording of the
CD "the sorrow and the joy" ("sorgen och gladjen"), by Kirkelig
kulturverksted, Tuesday, 26.2.2008 in Oslo:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Thanks for the pictures, iceflower!
Mette looked much better this time then 1 week ago. She looked relaxed and happy.

Oh yes she looks so much better ! Thank you for posting these !

Last edited:
I think she's doing a great job. Mette-Marit looked much better

She looks lovely and definately seems to be feeling better

She seems very proud and happy. I love the picture Her_Majesty posted of her and Haakon hugging Marius. I'm also glad to see her just looking very healthy.

So pretty and so likeable on the video ! I love her !

More pictures:
Fortsatt ingen ring på fingeren - Side2
(scroll down for a gallery)

The article mentions that MM has stopped wearing her wedding ring. It was first noticed before Christmas, and she is still not wearing it. One speculation as to why is that she is pregnant, as swollen hands may go together with pregnancy, and it would explain the lack of wedding ring. They also point out the cancellations.

(I really prefer waiting for announcements from the palace, but with the article and the loose white top, I feel like I see a bump under there.)

A slideshow of pictures from Kjendis.no Mette-Marit og halve kongeriket på salmeslipp - kjendis.no

The article mentions that MM has stopped wearing her wedding ring. It was first noticed before Christmas, and she is still not wearing it. One speculation as to why is that she is pregnant, as swollen hands may go together with pregnancy, and it would explain the lack of wedding ring. They also point out the cancellations.
Maybe she just gained some weight and so the ring doesn't fit anymore. The same happened to my mother. Her ring didn't fit anymore either after her pregnancies.

For the family to be attending this must have been something very nice for MM. I mean Martha-L & her sister in law etc. MM seemed to be really proud at the event. Its a nice thing that Marius went along, maybe abit young but nice to have him around.
MM looked lovely, nice outfit. She looks much better than the last time we've seen her, im guessing she is 100% recovered.

About the ring, would be lovely news if she was preg, but I wont get my hopes up & ill say she gained a few pounds for now.
Thanks for all the info & pic's.

If she will be pregnacy, for me, she has little time, and the royal House doesnt say nothing.
Does not one notice that it she has the same weight of some time ago?

Great photos! MM looks really happy in these pictures.

Mette-Marit's CD is selling. 14,000 first edition CDs are sold out. 10,000 more are being prepared for sale. It is in the 4th place of VG-lista (the official cd-selling list in Norway).

Selger til gull

Quote from a review of the CD: Sorgen og gleden - H.K.H. Kronprinsesse Mette-Marits utvalgte salmer - Vakkert og fredfullt- Folkemusikk - Vise
The result has become a sober, well-thought and last, but not least, a very beautiful recording, and even if you might be one of the many without a connection to the hymn/psalm term, there still might be a lot to get from it.

I bought the Cd, and it`s really great. She have a good taste:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom