Mette-Marit in the hospital... for real.

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

norwegianne

Majesty
City
Rogaland
Country
Norway
HRH Crown Princess Mette-Marit was admitted to the hospital around eight this morning, Norwegian time. VG reports - and it has been confirmed by the Palace.

Finally.

It took about four hours with Ingrid Alexandra, from Mette-Marit was admitted to Ingrid Alexandra was born.

http://www.kongehuset.no/dt_kongehuset_newsstyle.asp?gid=501&mgid=5&aid=5284

Mediehåndtering ved H.K.H. Kronprinsessens opphold på Rikshospitalet

Det Kongelige Hoff har informasjonsansvaret ved Hennes Kongelige Høyhet Kronprinsessens opphold på Rikshospitalet, og vil forestå mediehåndteringen. Sykehuset bistår med den praktiske tilretteleggingen av mediehåndteringen, men henviser alle spørsmål som kan knyttes til fødselen til Det Kongelige Hoff.

Det vil bli satt av et eget område på Rikshospitalet for pressen i sykehusets hovedvestibyle. Under fødselen vil det ikke bli gitt noe informasjon fra Hoffets side.

Så raskt som mulig etter Kronprinsessens nedkomst, varsles den nærmeste familie, Stortingets President og Statsminister, om at det er født en arving til Kronen. Deretter varsles Høyesterettsjustitiarius, Forsvaret og Kongelige i Europa.

Når Deres Majesteter Kongen og Dronningen, Stortingets President, Statsminister og Hennes Kongelige Høyhet Kronprinsessens nærmeste familie er varslet, sendes det ut en offisiell kunngjøring fra Det Kongelige Hoff på Kongehusets hjemmeside www.kongehuset.no

finally... finally... congratulations everyone for the long awaited and frustating baby watch!!!

anyone, please translate the press release?

Last edited:
ladybelline said:
At LAST!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Mette-Marit must be happy now!!!:)

Happy to have the pregnancy over with but not too sure about being happy about the labor!;)

Finally the baby will arrive!:D Well, if the last one took 4 hrs, this labor should be half over since it's 10am Norway time.

Last edited:
http://www.kongehuset.no/dt_kongehuset_newsstyle.asp?gid=501&mgid=5&aid=5284

How the media will be handled while HRH the Crown Princess stays at the National Hospital.

The Royal Court has the responsibility of information during HRH the Crown Princess' stay at the national hospital and will take care of the Media. The hospital will help with the practical arrangements, but all questions about the birth are directed to the royal court.

The press will get an area of their own in the lobby. No information will be given from the court during the birth.

As quickly as possible after the baby is born, the closest family, President of the Storting and the Prime Minister will be told. After that the Supreme justice, the Military and royals in Europe.

When TM the King and Queen, the presiden of the Storting, the PM and HRH the Crown Princess' closest family have been told, an official statement will be sent out from The Royal Court at the Palace's home page. www.kongehuset.no

TV2 will have an extra news transmission at 10.30

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Hope the labor will go quickly and with no problems and we'll be ablke to welcome a brand new beautiful, healthy royal baby soon.:D

i don't know how accurate this photo, but it looks like Haakon's car outside rikshospitalet

and an overview of Skaugum at this time

both from NRK

Last edited:
Ohh...this is exciting! Hope she's ok. (Probably/hopefully in labor and no problems)

Hehee...I'm gonna be up a little longer now. :D

Last edited:
It's a good thing that tomorrow is saturday and I don't have to get up early :)

Isn't it past 10:30 in Norway? I'm curious to hear what the extra news transmission on TV2 had to say.

BeccaLynn07 said:
Isn't it past 10:30 in Norway? I'm curious to hear what the extra news transmission on TV2 had to say.
Nothing new. Mette-Marit is in the hospital. We'll be told after something has happened, and Crown Prince Haakon will call a press conference to give his view on it all.

i hope it will be a quick one... is Haakon the only one accompanying MM in the hospital? no MM's mother?

purple_platinum said:
i hope it will be a quick one... is Haakon the only one accompanying MM in the hospital? no MM's mother?
Why would her mother accompany them? If she's in that region, I expect she's rather spending time with Ingrid and Marius.

norwegianne said:
Nothing new. Mette-Marit is in the hospital. We'll be told after something has happened, and Crown Prince Haakon will call a press conference to give his view on it all.

Thanks for the information, norwegianne.

Well, at least it's actually confirmed she's finally in the hospital.:)

Finally!

Finally! MM and Haakon must be so glad that the baby finally choose to come out because I think the last days before the due date are really frustrating.
Now we'll just wait.

Oh, so exiting! Hope everything goes well!

Why would her mother accompany them? If she's in that region, I expect she's rather spending time with Ingrid and Marius.
wasnt MMs mother with her during her last delivery?
I think´I´ve read that...

Yennie said:
Oh, so exiting! Hope everything goes well!

wasnt MMs mother with her during her last delivery?
I think´I´ve read that...
Was she? I don't remember that. She might've been. It seems strange, though.

EDIT: http://www.vg.no/pub/vgart.hbs?artid=210947 This article from Ingrid Alexandra's birth and the accompanying picture doesn't mention Marit Tjessem at all.

Last edited:
i just thought she might need a moral supports from her family... i don't mean her mother has to be in the same room when she deliver.
sorry if i offend or caused misinterpretation..

No she was not, I belive she was with Marius at Skaugum, there were pictures of them skiing together later the same day. It lookes VERY cold outside the hospital and there is a little snow and a decent amount of press.

The experts predicts a fast delivery because it is her 3. child.

purple_platinum said:
i just thought she might need a moral supports from her family... i don't mean her mother has to be in the same room when she deliver.
sorry if i offend or caused misinterpretation..
No offense taken.

On the other hand, I might not be the right person to talk about grandmothers being moral support in the hospital - my maternal grandmother refused to visit me in the hospital when I was born, citing being afraid of hospitals. ;)

norwegianne said:

Oh, I'd want my mum with me! I think you need all the help you can get from an older woman who's been through it before, and it helps if the woman is your mum.

But, after two kids I suppose she's used to it by now.

Larzen said:
No she was not, I belive she was with Marius at Skaugum, there were pictures of them skiing together later the same day. It lookes VERY cold outside the hospital and there is a little snow and a decent amount of press.

The experts predicts a fast delivery because it is her 3. child.

thank you for the explanation, larzen!
sorry if i caused misinterpretation, norwegianne. didn't mean to.. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Layla1971 said:
Oh, I'd want my mum with me! I think you need all the help you can get from an older woman who's been through it before, and it helps if the woman is your mum.

But, after two kids I suppose she's used to it by now.

That's what I was thinking too...

(So exciting...)

Article about the Press
http://pub.tv2.no/nettavisen/side2/kongelig/article505643.ece

Big parts of the Norwegian press had a sudden awakening this morning when the Palace put out the press release, but there has been runours in the press since last night. At 10 o Clock, only NRK, TV 2, NTB, VG og TV 2 Nettavisen were there, and Se og Hør ofcourse who according to TV 2 has had people there day and night for atleast a week and therefor probably the only one who might have pictures of them arriving. But now there are comming alot of taxis with press to the hospital. The press are allowed to stand in the arrivla area of the hospital so they dont have to stand outside in the cold. Its expected that Haakon will give a press conference. It is not known if Mette-MArit will stay in the hospital or leave right away like last time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom