Mette-Marit goes back to school

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

norwegianne

Majesty
City
Rogaland
Country
Norway
The Palace reported today that Crown Princess Mette-Marit will be going back to school part time.

The Crown Princess will be taking the course “Management; power and opinion” which is part of a Master of Management degree at BI, the Norwegian School of Management (Or one of them at any rate… this is the private one). Commenting to VG, the Palace spokesman says that he has no comment to when this course was decided, or whether or not she will be taking the entire Master’s degree. She will receive 30 ECTS for her participation this year.

The course will consist of 5 gatherings of about 4 days each and go until June next year. It is not known how much this will play into the Crown Princess’ official schedule, only that it may mean that it will be diminished.

It seems to be following in Sonja's footsteps, who also did a degree while being the Crown Princess, and the course selected also seems to tie into what she was studying before, with Philosophy of Life and Ethics at the University of Oslo, and development studies in London.

Is it possible in Norway to obtain a Master's Degree without an Undergraduate Degree? As far as I know, she started many University programs but never finished anything.

Is it possible in Norway to obtain a Master's Degree without an Undergraduate Degree? As far as I know, she started many University programs but never finished anything.

It's the experience in a high position/management/+ former field of study, is my guess, in this case, which makes her eligible. She has about a year of study in London - it would make 60 pts, and she does have study points from various other things as well.

It is entirely possible to put together various courses and points into a bachelor's degree, from the uni where you've earned the most points, without following a formal programme, but I think that if she had done that, we would have had it announced.

But it is definitely not the standard.

I which her good luck with her studies. Family, kids, royal duties and studies. I wonder if/how she can manage to spare some leisure time for only herself.

No plans for another baby so....

Nooo, I don't think the lack of another child in the offing was the reason Mette-Marit opted to further her education. After all, many pregnant ladies go to school, too. They don't have to choose between going back to school and being in their condition, especially with the money the CP and her husband have.

Last edited:
She might be pregnant in that time ... even if only to make the point to the country that women CAN do everything successfully.

Last edited:
congratulations Princess Mette-Marit, very very good idea...
thanks all photos

Good for her, i hope she does well and enjoys her studies.

Mette's first day at school ;)
Første skoledag for Mette-Marit - Side2

She looks great. Glowing somehow.

HERE, she looks absolutely amazing! I have never seen her look better.
Crown Princess Mette-Marit arrives her first day at the Oslo School of Economics in Oslo, Norway, November 24, 2008. Crown Princess is going to attend lectures at the school.

http://i38.tinypic.com/mjommx.jpg
http://i33.tinypic.com/13zpnqh.jpg
http://i37.tinypic.com/xfn985.jpg
http://i36.tinypic.com/30vm80h.jpg

I have a question, please: What is the title of the dapper-looking fellow wearing the "necklace". Is he a Don / Professour?

Tell me more, please. I don't know about the Norwegian school system.

-- Abbie :flowers:

Using the Aftenposten article as a baseline, I looked up the name of the President of the School of Management, Tom Colbjørnsen on the their website

Academic homepage - BI

He is the one in the video and he is wearing the collar of the President of the School of Managment. Most major universities around the world have this type decoration for the president, chairman of the board of trustees, provosts, deans, etc. that they wear at commencement ceremonies or other formal occasions.

He is the one in the video and he is wearing the collar of the President of the School of Managment. Most major universities around the world have this type decoration for the president, chairman of the board of trustees, provosts, deans, etc. that they wear at commencement ceremonies or other formal occasions.

THANK YOU, princess may!

I notice that you live here in America. I don't recall seeing anyone associated with out Universities wearing such a decoration or "jewellry".
I do recall seeing people, in seniour university positions, wearing gowns with more hoods (& colours on them) but not jewellry which looks almost Lord Mayour-ish, in it garishness.

Again, thank you for this information.

-- Abbie

I am so pleased to see that she is going back to school. She looks fantastic. I've never seen her with such an excited look on her face. I wish her the best of luck!

Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway arrives at Bedrifts
Ekonomisk Institutt BI where she will study Consulting in
The Master of Management Program, October 19, 2009

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Great to see her going back to school again. She takes her duty with importance but I do wonder if she has a under-graduate degree and in what?

I am really pleased to see that she is continuing with her studies. Dani90, I don't believe that she has an undergraduate degree. I know that she has taken classes, but I haven't read anything about her having an actual degree at this time. It does sound like she might be working toward one.

I think it's great that she's going to school as well.
And taking this excerpt from the HELLO article above, this will no doubt help her in her role:
"Her three-year part-time degree follows a stint at the London University's School Of African and Oriental Studies in 2002/3 when she took classes in development, HIV/AIDS and refugees."
:flowers:

What is with her study on the BI? Has she finished yet?

I wonder what her classmates at harvard thought when they found out that the crown princess of Norway was their classmate and how she was never spotted by the Cambridge press because I never heard she was at hArvard

She was only at Harvard for 2 weeks. Her classmates were the other members of her WEF Young Global Leaders class, so they already were familiar with her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom