Mette-Marit and the Oslo Fashion Week

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the photos.MM looks different with that red lipstick on. I think that look every know and then would add to her style.

didnt really like that colour... did you? too dark for mm's skin and didnt match at all with the colours she was wearing in her clothing.

I agree, carlota. The lipstick seems far too dark on her.

The lipstick shade is too startling on Mette-Marit. All you can look at is her lips instead of the rest of her features. Nice of her to wear make up but the make up is a bit overpowering in this case.

The Lipstic colour is scary:eek: . There has to be some thing inbetween nothing and purpel. I hope this was a one time thing. I wonder if the jacket is Norwegian considering the critesism this weekend or if she decided to not give a .....ANd can she please work on the posture asap...

ETA: Pictures from Colourpress

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 414
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 374
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 323
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 294
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 305
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 316
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 523
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 373
Last edited by a moderator:
Oh my! That lipstick colour makes it Frankenstein-ish!

I agree, I dont know what she was thinking, she hasn`t worn such dark lipstick since her first nobel concert in 2000 and that was not half as bad.

ETA: Pictures from Cover & ANB

Attachments

• CADK0N5H.jpg
    CADK0N5H.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 309
  • CAI3KT23.jpg
    CAI3KT23.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 399
Last edited by a moderator:
Larzen said:
The Lipstic colour is scary:eek: . There has to be some thing inbetween nothing and purpel. I hope this was a one time thing. I wonder if the jacket is Norwegian considering the critesism this weekend or if she decided to not give a .....ANd can she please work on the posture asap...

Thanks for the photos. Ooh, that lipstick is very scary. :S I like M-M, but have no idea what she was thinking wearing that colour.

It looks like she has borrowed one of Sonja's lipsticks... I think she has one in that shade. The difference is that her skin isn't as fair as Mette-Marit's is, and the darker shades doesn't look quite so "goth-wannabe" on her.

Mette-Marit and the Oslo Fashion Week '05

Any pictures from Oslo Fashion Week yet?

LaMinka said:
Any pictures from Oslo Fashion Week yet?

I thought there would be some pictures too, I have not searched any agencies as I usually just look here.

I really appreciate all the effort of the picture posters.

I saw Mette-Marit on German tv , to be honest it was a quick article and I did not study her clothes as I thought I would see them here.

They were mostly head shots, it did not show her bump or anything.

Her hair was down, very blonde and a long length.

It took part on a train, well she got on a train and models starting walking up and down!

I think she was wearing green. Sorry I have a bad memory!

I just read a article about Oslo Fashion Week on Http://www.side2.no (no pics of MM:mad: ) And I don't understan all but Haakons eks Marthe Krogh was also there.. Not any pictures?

EmmieLou said:
I thought there would be some pictures too, I have not searched any agencies as I usually just look here.

I really appreciate all the effort of the picture posters.

I saw Mette-Marit on German tv , to be honest it was a quick article and I did not study her clothes as I thought I would see them here.

They were mostly head shots, it did not show her bump or anything.

Her hair was down, very blonde and a long length.

It took part on a train, well she got on a train and models starting walking up and down!

I think she was wearing green. Sorry I have a bad memory!
Thanks EmmieLou!

Mette-Marit earlier today, from side2.no:

Attachments

• mette-marit_203190m.jpg
    mette-marit_203190m.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 390
I have searched lots of sites and still no pictures.

I may have got it wrong I just read this on the Scandinavian board

[font=verdana, arial]"Posted by Dag T. Hoelseth on 17/8/2005, 13:36:04

[font=verdana, arial]

The Crown Princess was present at the Oslo Fashion Week also yesterday (the show took place on the airport train to Oslo Airport Gardermoen). "

So what I saw must have been that event, but still no pictures of it.

[/font]

[/font]

Mette-Marit wish welcome of Pâl Vasssebotten and Christina Hanninen, from nettavisen

Attachments

• 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 249
Three more:
1. Nettavisen
2-3:VG

Attachments

• mjette.jpg
    mjette.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 322
  • mette.jpg
    mette.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 277
  • 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 308
... some from Colourpress ...

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 403
  • b.jpg
    b.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 271
  • d.jpg
    d.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 283
  • e.jpg
    e.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 859
  • f.jpg
    f.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 288
  • g.jpg
    g.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 290
  • h.jpg
    h.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 278
  • j.jpg
    j.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 255
... a few more from Colourpress ...

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 309
  • b.jpg
    b.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 220
  • d.jpg
    d.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 239
  • k.jpg
    k.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 280
  • l.jpg
    l.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 263
  • m.jpg
    m.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 238
Thank you soooo much Squidgy! I like her dress. :)

LaMinka said:
Thank you soooo much Squidgy! I like her dress. :)

You are most welcome LaMinka.:) She does look beautiful in the dress.

i dont like the dress...but she looked good in it...with a nice tan to match

I also love the dress.
I'm glad she wore shoes and has a purse in similar clothers. That's a better combination then what she had for Prince Charles' wedding.

I think Mette-Marit no matter what does not look like a princess. She seems very simple and even with a tiara, she does not represent the glamour that most princesses portray. I think that Maxima and Letizia are by far the best dressed. Mary, on the other hand, has a very unique taste, which to me, must be very danish. Mette-Marit needs work. Her posture, her gestures, her smile...

Roxsteve said:
I think Mette-Marit no matter what does not look like a princess. She seems very simple and even with a tiara, she does not represent the glamour that most princesses portray. I think that Maxima and Letizia are by far the best dressed. Mary, on the other hand, has a very unique taste, which to me, must be very danish. Mette-Marit needs work. Her posture, her gestures, her smile...

You are, of course, entitled to your opinion. ;) (I expect Mary would be thrilled, if she'd known, that you found her taste Danish :))

Roxsteve said:

well thats up to you what you think.............but I must say that I total disagree with you concerning Mette marit I think she looks total like a morden princess
she has style grace and everything else that goes with being a princess

Roxsteve said:

I agree that there are points Mette-Marit has to work on. Her smile isn't one of these points, though. I think that glamour is possibly not her strong point, though she certainly does look glamorous enough at official occasions. Where she is great - and the article recently translated by KikkiB states this, too - is her personal warmth and her ability to connect with people. I think she's done extremely well, considering the point from where she started, so let's give her some credit for that!

Fashionverdict from Nettavisen::D

The fashion experts thoughts on Mette-Marits norwegian dress was ranging from boring, neutral and OK, but that she herself looked fresh (Me: No comment on the ugly shoes:confused: ). The head of the fashionweek said they were happy that she was there, that he knows that she has for several years learned about and used norwegian fashion.

On the show: Everyone is disappointed. Some thinks they had seen it before, that the show was unprofessional and that Norwegian fashion has a long way to go before it can ever compete with Paris. They need more confidence and become more professional says Kikki Sørum, Mette-Marits harshest fashion critic, she further says that if Mette-Marit should choose a working wardrobe from what was presented yesteday it would not be easy for her.

Margrethe Gilbo who helped Mette-Marit with her wardrobe in the beginning said the show was a disaster, the models hair were overstyled, they did not do their job well and that the stage partly colapsed infront of the minister and Princess was unforgivable. The music was to loud and the Models did not walk properly even if there was some good design.

Kjell Nordstrøm (friend of Ari and Märtha) said that it is not Mette-Marits fault that Norwegian fashion is not better and that the designers should go home and work harder and get better. He was also angry that his work had not been credited in the show, but he liked the styling and concept of the show.

All in all not to good.
some more pictures of the clothes
http://pub.tv2.no/nettavisen/side2/mote/article439876.ece

When Mette-Marit left she said she looked forward to seeing more later this week, maybe that means that she will be on the show on Saturday where the more exclusive Norwegian designer will show their work, nothing on the agenda though.

Today she and Haakon hosts in their home a dinner for80 people with mental health problems.

Edit
Dagsavisen has a smal interview with her
"Are you particularely interested in fashiondesign?"
MM: It depends on what stage in my life Im on, when we moved I was very interested in things to the house, furniture and everyday use design. Now that Im pregnant I take and extra interest in baby designs.

"Will you attend other shows in the fashionweek"
MM: Im not sure yet, tomorrow we host a dinner for 80 people so I dont know if I will have time, but I would like to. I did see Arne & Carlos show last fashionweek also, I was very impressed it is very thought trough.

Carlos Zachariasen from Arne & Carlos says it does not matter to him what people wear, Im a designer not a fashion police he says.
http://www.dagsavisen.no/kultur/article1700600.ece

Last edited:
Larzen said:
Fashionverdict from Nettavisen::D

The fashion experts thoughts on Mette-Marits norwegian dress was ranging from boring, neutral and OK, but that she herself looked fresh (Me: No comment on the ugly shoes:confused: ). The head of the fashionweek said they were happy that she was there, that he knows that she has for several years learned about and used norwegian fashion.

On the show: Everyone is disappointed. Some thinks they had seen it before, that the show was unprofessional and that Norwegian fashion has a long way to go before it can even compete with Paris. They need more confidence and become more professional says Kikki Sørum, Mette-Marits harshest fashion critic, she further says that if Mette-Marit should choose a working wardrobe from what was presented yesteday it would not be easy for her.

Margrethe Gilbo who helped Mette-Marit with her wardrobe in the beginning said the show was a disaster, the models hair were overstyled, they did not do their job well and that the stage partly colapsed infront of the minister and Princess was unforgivable. The music was to loud and the Models did not walk properly even if there was some good design.

Kjell Nordstrøm (friend of Ari and Märtha) said that it is not Mette-Marits fault that Norwegian fashion is not better and that the designers should go home and work harder and get better. He was also angry that his work had not been credited in the show, but he liked the styling and concept of the show.

All in all not to good.
some more pictures of the clothes
http://pub.tv2.no/nettavisen/side2/mote/article439876.ece

That sounds pretty disastrous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom