Mette-Marit and the Oslo Fashion Week

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unlike other people, I like the dress - it's the deep tan that I'm more concerned about. Wasn't it just a few years ago that the princess was severely burned by the sun? I think if I were her, I would be using a sunscreen with an SPF of 1000!:rolleyes:

... more from Colourpress ...

Attachments

• b.jpg
    b.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 330
  • c.jpg
    c.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 305
  • d.jpg
    d.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 638
  • e.jpg
    e.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 309
  • g.jpg
    g.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 333
  • h.jpg
    h.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 297
  • i.jpg
    i.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 315
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 290
... and more from Colourpress ...

Attachments

• l.jpg
    l.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 247
  • k.jpg
    k.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 1,145
  • j.jpg
    j.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 581
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 286
  • b.jpg
    b.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 257
  • c.jpg
    c.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 345
  • f.jpg
    f.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 250
  • g.jpg
    g.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 215
Last edited:
Colourpress

Attachments

• h.jpg
    h.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 210
  • n.jpg
    n.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 248
  • m.jpg
    m.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 308
  • jk.jpg
    jk.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 204
  • j.jpg
    j.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 218
  • i.jpg
    i.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 217
  • e.jpg
    e.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 214
  • d.jpg
    d.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 227
I think she looks fab love the dress and shoes, I agree about the tan ,
but she is looking really well , being pregnant really suits her.

Mette-Marit is at that pregnant stage were she has a slight pouch, not really a bump. It is easier to dress with a bump, but at the moment tight things just make her look like she has a belly.

If she went for the tight look the press would say it looked awful , so she can't win.

I do like the midnight blue colour against her tan, her shoes are a good shape but I think silver shoes and bag would have been better.

I love her hair this length, really suits her. I was looking back and pictures of her early royal days and it was shorter and darker hair. She is so meant to be a blonde.

The thing is you can have all the money and stylists in the World, it DOES NOT make you fashionable. Some people have a natural style (I think Victoria Beckham dresses herself well, I may not wear the clothes myself but they suit her) others learn to dress well.

It is not as if Mette-Marit became a princess and suddenly for all this fashion flair.

Yes it is nice and adds to the fairytale of the whole princess picture, look at Princess Diana. In the beginning she was shy and stayed "safe" but as she got older, gained confidence her outfits were beautiful and it added to the whole fairytale look.

Personally I am not too harsh on women Roayls, they have so many functions and dates it must be hard enough to decide what to wear.

BTW- Does Mette-Marit have a lady-in-waiting like Mary? Mary's wonderful lady-in-waiting seems to go to most people with her, never really noticed anyone with Mette-Marit.

Last edited:
i actually like the fact that she's not so glamorous...she seems more personable and warm thay way

I think Mette-Marit looked nice, a very summery outfit. The shoes though, they were..how should I put it... Terrible! :) I'm always amazed at how "Nordic" Mette-Marit looks somehow, her special blonde hair and light face makes her stand out as sort of a Nordic "stereotype" (in a good way). I think she's very naturally beautiful. Thanks Squidgy for posting the pictures!

Smilla said:
Larzen said:
Fashionverdict from Nettavisen::D

The fashion experts thoughts on Mette-Marits norwegian dress was ranging from boring, neutral and OK, but that she herself looked fresh (Me: No comment on the ugly shoes:confused: ). The head of the fashionweek said they were happy that she was there, that he knows that she has for several years learned about and used norwegian fashion.

On the show: Everyone is disappointed. Some thinks they had seen it before, that the show was unprofessional and that Norwegian fashion has a long way to go before it can even compete with Paris. They need more confidence and become more professional says Kikki Sørum, Mette-Marits harshest fashion critic, she further says that if Mette-Marit should choose a working wardrobe from what was presented yesteday it would not be easy for her.

Margrethe Gilbo who helped Mette-Marit with her wardrobe in the beginning said the show was a disaster, the models hair were overstyled, they did not do their job well and that the stage partly colapsed infront of the minister and Princess was unforgivable. The music was to loud and the Models did not walk properly even if there was some good design.

Kjell Nordstrøm (friend of Ari and Märtha) said that it is not Mette-Marits fault that Norwegian fashion is not better and that the designers should go home and work harder and get better. He was also angry that his work had not been credited in the show, but he liked the styling and concept of the show.

All in all not to good.
some more pictures of the clothes
http://pub.tv2.no/nettavisen/side2/mote/article439876.ece

That sounds pretty disastrous.
I don't understand why Kjell Nordstrøm would want to take credit for anything attached to such an event, especially as it went so badly... :D :eek: :p

Smilla said:
Larzen said:
Fashionverdict from Nettavisen::D

On the show: Everyone is disappointed. Some thinks they had seen it before, that the show was unprofessional and that Norwegian fashion has a long way to go before it can even compete with Paris. They need more confidence and become more professional says Kikki Sørum, Mette-Marits harshest fashion critic, she further says that if Mette-Marit should choose a working wardrobe from what was presented yesteday it would not be easy for her.

http://pub.tv2.no/nettavisen/side2/mote/article439876.ece

That sounds pretty disastrous.

I'm no fashion expert myself, but I've always wondered why Kikki Sørum (from which I did not get my nick by the way :p ) is a fashion expert in Norway, when she herself, in my eyes, dress disaserously and sometimes even weird!?! She comments on various arrangements where royalty and celebreties appear and what they wear for a various number of medias, so she is rather known in Norway for her harsh comments.

And yes, there is an age difference between these ladies, but who is the best dresser fashionwise in 2005??

She; http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=266117#post266117

Or she:

Attachments

• Kikki S.jpg
    Kikki S.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 1,313
Kikki I agre about Kikki Sørum, theese days the press seems to favour the younge fashionpeople to comment on things, she used to have monopoly on fashion comments but now she only seems to make the press if she slams the royals. Her style, or lack of style, is terrible, how many years has she had that hairdo now...

Tonight at the dinner in their home for people which has fallen outside of society and struggelig with different mental and social problems

from ANB.no, Vg.no and nettavisen
http://www.vg.no/pub/vgart.hbs?artid=287275

Attachments

• alle20050818-023.jpg
    alle20050818-023.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 372
  • alle20050818-024.jpg
    alle20050818-024.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 325
  • bga20050818-_8.jpg
    bga20050818-_8.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 307
  • bga20050818-_9.jpg
    bga20050818-_9.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 439
  • jsdfbkjsd.jpg
    jsdfbkjsd.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 399
  • nckxcjk.jpg
    nckxcjk.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 365
  • Kronprinsparet_203446m.jpg
    Kronprinsparet_203446m.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 324
Last edited:
Thanks for the pictures Larzen. :) I like what Mette-Marit is wearing today too. We finally see pictures of them again!;)

And I hate Kikki Sörums hairdo!:D :eek:

Mette-Marit at the Oslo Fashion Week '06

TV2 just showed pictures of Mette-Marit paying a private visit to Oslo Fashion Week last night, she saw the show of the Norwegian designduo So Hee http://www.sohee.no/
Some Screen Captures from TV2, the quality is not great...

Attachments

• Untitled-TrueColor-01.jpg
    Untitled-TrueColor-01.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 298
  • Untitled-TrueColor-02.jpg
    Untitled-TrueColor-02.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 310
  • Untitled-TrueColor-03.jpg
    Untitled-TrueColor-03.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 343
  • Untitled-TrueColor-04.jpg
    Untitled-TrueColor-04.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 316
Love her boots she is wearing !

She looks very pale on this pic. What does the title means ?

I'm glad to see her out and about. Hopefully she's feeling much better!

Thanks for the photos.MM looks different with that red lipstick on. I think that look every know and then would add to her style.

From the looks of things, it looks as though she could model!

So photogenic and striking is she ...

... and more from Colourpress ...

They don't appear to fit her very well, do they?

Last edited by a moderator:
lovely pictures of mm's last outings.
i find it great that while MM supports norwegian fashion this doesn't count as an official event exactly. not to sounds like i want to compare, but i think it's the proper way to do it. classifying these acts as "not official but important" provides a difference between the events she attends.

She looks very pale on this pic. What does the title means ?

She has been recovering from the stomach flu recently. Perhaps that is why she is so pale? Hopefully, she is well.

Mette-Marit was named "Ambassador of the Year" at the opening of Oslo Fashion Week this year, but did not come to receive her award. Instead, she's stayed away for most of the fashion week, but arrived at a showing by Iselin Engan last night. Her mother accompanied her.

Kjendis.no speculates whether or not Engan is her new favourite designer, as she also came to her show last year.

Mette-Marit kom på Iselin Engan-visning - kjendis.no

I really hope now the holidays are almost over, that we will see more of her

Do you know where were they on vacation? Only in Norway or abroad too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom