Mette-Marit & Her Role As A Crown Princess

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LadyFinn

Imperial Majesty
City
Southwest
Country
Finland
By embracing a jet-set lifestyle and fondness for the luxury it offers, Norway’s Crown Princess Mette-Marit has shown how Norwegian society in general has become “nouveau riche” at the expense of long-held traditional values. So claims a sociologist and college instructor Hedvig Skonhoft Johannesen from Telemark, who was making waves this week for some rather sharp criticism of the former party girl and single mother who will be Norway’s next queen.
Mette-Marit’s role stirs new debate Views and News from Norway

By embracing a jet-set lifestyle and fondness for the luxury it offers, Norway’s Crown Princess Mette-Marit has shown how Norwegian society in general has become “nouveau riche” at the expense of long-held traditional values. So claims a sociologist and college instructor Hedvig Skonhoft Johannesen from Telemark, who was making waves this week for some rather sharp criticism of the former party girl and single mother who will be Norway’s next queen.
Mette-Marit’s role stirs new debate Views and News from Norway

Interesting read, thank you:flowers:
A little bit harsh, but MM does seem to have a light public work schedule (Im not saying she doesnt work behind the scenes)...but she does seem to miss or excuse herself from some events....:whistling:

(takes deep breath ready to be shouted down) I have to say I'm quite dissapointed in the way MM has undertaken her role as Crown Princess. I know dissapointed is an usual word to use but it sums up how I feel, she started out so well, working hard for her country and appearing to take her responsibilities seriously. Now however she seems (I may be wrong) to appear less and less. It feels as if we see her more jetting off around the world (amazing how she got over the fear of flying when it suits) than we do carrying out her duties.
I have never ever judged her on her past and thought, in my opinion, that she would actually be a breath of fresh air to the Royal Family, but given she did get criticism for her past would it not make sense to try to prove herself by working hard for her country in her new role. Yes, she doesn't have to but if I were her I would want to show all those people who thought I couldn't do it jsut how wrong they were.
I'm sure lots of you will disagree and say I'm wrong but I just feel letdown by MM, as if she hasn't actually fulfilled her true potential .

Well, she proves over and over again how "wrong they were"! She´s not "jetting around the world" for fun, but in her role as UN-HIV/aids ambassador, and she takes this really serious and works very hard on it. Besides from that she has her royal engagements in Norway, which are often not as covered as if she wears a new dress.... And, let´s not forget, she´s a mother of 3. I know lots of women who would be quite working to capacity with one of these tasks!
The CPss is doing a great job and Norway can be happy and proud to have her!

Interesting, I think, that she worked in this half year very much, we saw her lot. I have the feeling, she worked more than the past years. We could see her every month on more events, and they were serious, not jet-set meetings. I thought, she heard and read the critic and the worst result about the poll of the royalfamily in the past months so she showed more activity. But naturally she doesn't work so much as Queen Maxima, but it depends on the royalhouse.

Back
Top Bottom