The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-02-2003, 11:37 AM
Aristocracy

Mette-Marit and Gwyneth Paltrow: Resemblance?

Someone suggested in another thread that Mette-Marit and Gwenyth Paltrow look a little alike. Right now, hello.com has stories about each of them on its website and their pictures are side by side.

What do you think?

http://www.hellomagazine.com/2003/09...arit-dop1a.jpg http://www.hellomagazine.com/2003/09...eare-dop1a.jpg

Old 12-06-2003, 06:31 AM
Gentry

Hi all,

Has anyone noticed the striking similarity in looks between Mette-Marit and actress Gwyneth Paltrow? I did, a long time ago.
Look...

What do you think of this?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DigiMaker134.jpg
Views:	291
Size:	14.7 KB
ID:	29838  

Old 12-06-2003, 06:32 AM
Gentry

And Gwyneth...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	gwynfinall.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	5.4 KB
ID:	29839  
Old 12-06-2003, 06:37 AM
Courtier

Gwyneth is also pregnant.She┤s expecting her first child in summer 2004.And another similarity to Mette-Marit:she don┤t plan to marry her boyfriend,so also Gwyneth┤s first child wˇn┤t be born as a result of a marriage...
Old 12-07-2003, 03:52 AM
Courtier

they do look alike. but the difference is gwyneth's unborn child's father is a really cool, gorgeous and successful man (chris martin of coldplay). unlike marius's father.

Old 12-07-2003, 02:16 PM
Gentry

I think Marius' father looks rather handsome. And yes, I've noticed a similarity between Mette-Marit and Gwyneth even before these photos were posted. Gwyneth's mother is Scandinavian, so maybe that explains it.
Old 09-21-2004, 02:14 PM
Majesty

I think they look a like at times
Old 09-21-2004, 03:33 PM
Nobility

It is not the first time I hear about a certain resemblance between them . I don't think that they look alike very much . Both have blond hair but nothing more . And I have to say ( and maybe it will shock some of you ...) that I have never considered Gwyneth as a beautiful girl . She is normally pretty, that's all . Unlike Mette-Marit who is, to me, far more beautiful . And she has more charisma .
Old 09-22-2004, 09:50 PM
Courtier

I've noticed striking similarity between Haakon and Mette-Marit...anyone else?
Old 09-22-2004, 10:59 PM
Royal Highness

I have heard a theory that after a couple who is madly in love have been together for a while that they start to look like each other.

Perhaps if they were both blondes or brunettes there would be some similarities, but when I think of or see them their hair colors enhance their differences.
Old 09-22-2004, 11:38 PM
Aristocracy

Talking

[QUOTE=marina18]Hi all,

Has anyone noticed the striking similarity in looks between Mette-Marit and actress Gwyneth PaTRFow? I did, a long time ago.
Look...

I agree. I think they look a lot like actually. If a movie was ever made about Cp Mette-Marit then Gwyneth could play her...lol
Old 09-23-2004, 03:08 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by moosey60
I've noticed striking similarity between Haakon and Mette-Marit...anyone else?
I have, too! I think they look like male/female opposite mirror images of each other. I think people are often attracted to those who look like them. Their lower jaws and lips look VERY similar.
Old 10-08-2004, 10:46 AM
Heir Apparent

The discussion about Gwyneth and Mette-Marit looking alike ... well they are also friends. Enough at least for Mette-Marit to have recently attended Gwyneth's recent birthday.

Good company Mette-Marit was in: Other guests included Nicole Kidman, Mick Jagger, Diane Von Furstenberg and Christian Louboutin.

RA: Gwyneth Paltrow Celebrates Birthday At Party Thrown By Giancarlo Giametti

Source: Getty Images
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	mm-1.jpg
Views:	1197
Size:	24.4 KB
ID:	45136   Click image for larger version

Name:	mm-2.jpg
Views:	640
Size:	30.2 KB
ID:	45137   Click image for larger version

Name:	mm-3.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	23.1 KB
ID:	45138   Click image for larger version

Name:	gp.jpg
Views:	603
Size:	26.4 KB
ID:	45139  

Old 10-08-2004, 10:51 AM
Heir Apparent

so they are also friends? wow... i never thought of that... any clues about where they met? where was gwyneth's bday party?
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 10-08-2004, 11:02 AM
Aristocracy

It's quite surprising to see Mette- Marit there. I didn' t know they were friends, but they have a friend in common: Princess Rosario of Bulgaria.
Old 10-08-2004, 11:12 AM
Heir Apparent

I think they met a few years ago when Mette-Marit and Haakon were in London studying. I think Gwyneth wasn't quite living there full time yet but was in London working on a play.

I know that they were both at Prince Nikolaos of Greece's birthday several years ago.

They also have some friends in common, including Rosario of Bulgaria.
Old 10-08-2004, 03:58 PM
Royal Highness

Hehe..Note the hair brush next to the Crown Princess so she is ready up to the last minute...:p
Old 10-11-2004, 05:34 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa
Hehe..Note the hair brush next to the Crown Princess so she is ready up to the last minute...:p
which photo?
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 10-11-2004, 11:19 AM
Courtier

This is off topic, but I've noticed it a few times and it's bugging me...why, when you try and type the letters l t r together they are changed to TRF? Its an automatic thing, and it makes it hard to read certain words in which l t r occur naturally together. I know the website manager is trying to make sure we remember the site is not longer L T R but TRF but was there a need to cause the change in letters?
Old 10-12-2004, 05:12 AM
Aristocracy

I also noticed the similarity between haakon and MM when they were courting.They have the same jaw line and the same thin lips. They are the only royal couple I noticed that with.