The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-21-2007, 04:26 AM
Heir Apparent

Mette-Marit and FOKUS

Mette-Marit is the patron of Forum for Kvinner og Utvikling (FOKUS). (Forum for Women and Development).

She's attending a competence day about violence in close relationships by them today.

Old 11-21-2007, 05:13 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway arrives to the conference "Violence against Women" in Oslo, Norway, November 21, 2007 (ANP)

pic 1 -- pic 2

I like MM's suit, ver proffesional for today but that bag, its huge for a day meeting.

Old 11-21-2007, 06:28 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway arrives to the conference "Violence against Women" in Oslo, Norway, November 21, 2007 (ANP)

pic 1 -- pic 2

I like MM's suit, ver proffesional for today but that bag, its huge for a day meeting.
That bag is awful
Old 11-21-2007, 06:54 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Luxembourg
Royal Blogger

What on earth possessed her to buy that bag? And then use it? I'm all for the big bag thing (the current "in" with bags), but Mette has taken it to another level!
Old 11-21-2007, 08:16 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessRulz View Post
What on earth possessed her to buy that bag? And then use it? I'm all for the big bag thing (the current "in" with bags), but Mette has taken it to another level!

i agree. i love big bags. BUT this one is far too much. not professional at all! it looks like she is doing the weekly shopping.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 11-21-2007, 08:32 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by norwegianne View Post
Mette-Marit is the patron of Forum for Kvinner og Utvikling (FOKUS). (Forum for Women and Development).

She's attending a competence day about violence in close relationships by them today.
Wouldn't it be better to discuss the purpose of the occassion today - not so much the clothes issue?
Old 11-21-2007, 11:51 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

A few more pictures from the event (ANP)

pic 1 -- pic 2 -- pic 3 -- pic 4 -- pic 5 -- pic 6
Old 11-21-2007, 11:54 AM
Commoner

Lichtenstein; you are right. And I have told it many times before - it's better to focus on what she is actually doing instead of making comments about her bags, her dark clothes, her hairdo, posture or what ever ...

..she having a strong will to contribute in so many ways, and the fact that she is actually making awareness about this "problem" is, in my opinion, remarkable. She could stayed home, go to London or Paris for some shopping with her friend Marie-Chantal of Greece, but she prefered to make an effort for this seminar. And my experience is; where Royals are - there will be more publicity about the issues and causes they are attending. So look behind the bag, and ask yourself; would you either have a fancy bag - or more knowledges about (in this case) violence in close relations? And by the way; Mette-Marit is a woman with a lot of different interests, so if I know her correctly, that bag included a foldermate, a pen, and some papers. Just to pay attention, not only as a show for the gallery, but for use later.
Old 11-21-2007, 11:56 AM
Heir Apparent

FOKUS has several articles on the subject of violence against women (in Norwegian) - Fokus

Other sources of information on the subject might be this article on the International Day for the elimination of violence against women UNFPA: News from United Nations Population Fund - UNFPA
Old 11-21-2007, 11:58 AM
Heir Presumptive

You are very right, what is important is to draw attention on valuable causes... she seems very busy these days
Old 11-21-2007, 12:01 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Thumbs up

Did Mette-Marit hold a speech during this event?
I have to say: of all CPs in Europe MM's engagements seem to be the most interesting ones to me.
I admire her for her fight against HIV/Aids and other social engagements, like women's rights.
IMO it's always very obvious how important those events are for her.
It's great to see her participating in seminars like this.

Old 11-21-2007, 12:52 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty View Post
Did Mette-Marit hold a speech during this event?
I have to say: of all CPs in Europe MM's engagements seem to be the most interesting ones to me.
I admire her for her fight against HIV/Aids and other social engagements, like women's rights.
IMO it's always very obvious how important those events are for her.
It's great to see her participating in seminars like this.
I agree. Her engagements often seem to focus on issues that would not be considered "safe" for a crown princess to be involved in, such as gay rights, domestic violence, that sort of thing.
Old 11-22-2007, 03:07 AM
Majesty

You're welcome to discuss Mette-Marit's purse and accessories in this thread and her outfit in this fashion thread in the Royal House of Fashion forum.