Marius Borg Hoiby - Discussions

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Jenilynn said:
I believe also that when Haakon and Mette-Marit were married, Haakon thanked MM in his wedding speech for having had the privilege of helping to raise Marius.

what a beautiful example of adults putting the child first. its a shame all step families can't be so fortunate and have this unconditional love. Marius is a lucky little boy and i bet he grows up to make them all proud.

I was reading a interview where Haakon talked about Princess Ingrid and how he will raise all the children the same. He included Marius in this. He said he has learned a great deal about fatherhood from Marius. He said he already had two kids, so three wouldn't be an issue. I think it is great that Marius has the chance to be a part of such a great family, regardless whether they are royalty or not.

I think if Marius calls Hakon ''Uncle'' is more appropriate than Papa or Mr.

asma said:

I don't think that lots of kids call their stepfather "uncle". After all, their position is that of a stepFATHER, not stepUNCLE. From my friends I know that
for stepfathers, mostly their first name is used to address them.

thats what my friends step children call them " by there first name"
uncle is just plain wired!!!

asma said:

If the Crown Prince of Norway wants his stepson to call him by his first name, it should be the best, as surely the Crown Prince is aware of his country's habits, his family's opinion and his own personal preference. If he deems it appropriate, who are we to say, "no, it's not"?

Just wondering.... :)

Marius in a Slalom-Competition

Some scans for Norwegian magazine Se og Hoer of Marius in a slalom competition in Baerum, Norway last Saturday. His both dads were stood together at the finish-line and followed him during the raise. According to Se og Hoer did the Crown prince help Marius inspects the race course before start.

Marius was with Haakon and Mette-Marit to Holmenkollen Sunday for the ski-jump competition. The image shows Haakon and Marius shearing a chocolate bar.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now Marius is a pro:D
It's soo good to watch such a loving family, Marius has two fathers who adore him and a big family, lucky kid.
Haakon is an example to many men who don't even love their own "flesh" kids, good for him:D :D

It is really wonderful to see such an amicable relationship between Haakon & Mette-Marit, and Morten Borg. They are a great example for blended families. Marius looks like a pro on the ski course!

Marius is a very beautiful and fortunate boy :D !!!

Does anyone know how Marius went in the slalom competition?
It looked like fun.

He's a lucky boy to have a blended family that get along. I have friends who have blended families that don't get along and they are constantly unhappy because of it.

I found this on the skiclubs website.

I think he was nr 31.

The complete results for boys 9. years.

57 Giske Lars Fossum Alpin 1:02.23
58 Marthinussen Erik Fjørtoft BSK 0:52.27
59 Pettersen Espen Møller BSK Mangler
60 Gilhuus Jakob Stabæk Alpin 0:45.66
61 Wittwer Sander Fossum Alpin 1:01.09
62 Dahl Torjus LIL Alpin 0:55.64
63 Haakerud Jørgen Stabæk Alpin 0:52.03
64 Bache Semb Oscar BSK 0:50.81
65 Nerby Mathias Fjeldberg Fossum Alpin 1:29.32
66 Engene Knut Magnus LIL Alpin Mangler
67 Solberg Henrik Døsen LIL Alpin 0:58.33
68 Berg Magnus BSK 0:54.46
69 Høiby Marius Borg Fossum Alpin 1:05.73
70 Hammer Fridtjof Abel BSK 0:46.12
71 Storvik Nicolai BSK 0:49.29
72 Nistad Bendik BSK Mangler
73 Johannessen Jens Harald L. LIL Alpin 0:46.57
74 Kolberg Peder LIL Alpin 1:00.81
75 Brune Gustav T. BSK 0:52.75
76 Nesje Peder Stabæk Alpin Mangler
77 Schwarz Henrik Damm BSK 0:48.19
78 Håkonsen Iver BSK 0:53.97
79 Evertsen Johannes Ready Alpin 0:53.36
80 Meinich Christian Stabæk Alpin Brutt
81 Anda Eirik Haslum Alpin 0:56.30
82 Singsaas Magnus Mjelde LIL Alpin Mangler
83 Skøien Johannes BSK 0:55.94
84 Skaret Jahr Snorre LIL Alpin 1:00.53
85 Lein Philip LIL Alpin 1:43.71
86 Aalerud-Larsen Theodor Stabæk Alpin 0:46.14
87 Rindvoll Tobias Løken Fossum Alpin 0:56.71
88 Marthinussen Oskar Fjørtof BSK 0:52.47
89 Elgstøen Kasper Fossum Alpin 0:56.84
90 Henriksen Jakob Øfsthus LIL Alpin Mangler
91 Mar Thor Stabæk Alpin 1:26.37
92 Helk Johan BSK 0:46.53
93 Solemsli Vebjørn Grøntveit LIL Alpin 0:56.40
94 Nistad Bendik BSK 0:58.86
95 Bjørgan Hjalmar Stabæk Alpin 0:46.71
96 Madsen Fredrik S. LIL Alpin 1:01.74
97 Gauteplass Gard Johannes Sørkedalen I.F Mangler
144 BREVIK Jørgen BSK 0:52.05
218 P. JANSSON Kasper LIL Alpin 0:53.55
219 SONDET FLAEN Sebastian ready 0:48.98
Påmeldt: 44 Startet: 37 Brutt: 1 Disket: 0 Forfall: 0 Ikke-møtt: 0 Prem
***** 7 løpere mangler STATUS-kode *****

Last edited:
Everybody wins

There are no winners in sports in norway before the children is about 12 years. They just get a time and won't be rankt after it. As I said. I think Marius was about nr 30 - 20 sec behind the best time.

The most modern Monarchy

I´m sure Maurius call Haakon by his name. Norway is the most modern Monarchy in the world and I´m sure they don´t make things more difficult then necessary.

Last edited:
andr said:
There are no winners in sports in norway before the children is about 12 years. They just get a time and won't be rankt after it. As I said. I think Marius was about nr 30 - 20 sec behind the best time.

I think that's a good system. Marius can go out there and have fun without worring about winning or losing.

lise said:
I think that's a good system. Marius can go out there and have fun without worring about winning or losing.

And Marius gets all the practice he wants, so by the age of 12 he'll be a real pro:D

Marius calls Haakon - Haakon and Morten Borg - Dad. I've seen it on tv several times.

I have seen him calling Haakon, Haakon. This is a normal thing.

I agree, first names is the normal thing. my father and his brother called their step grandfather 'uncle' though

at the end of the day , its what people feel comfortable with .
weather its first name , sir , uncle . as long as every one is happy.

i love this kid, he seems such a cool young man. i don't think i could have stepped into his shoes and behaved so well without being "born to it". His parents and PH have reason to be very proud of him. Of course credit should be given MM for his excellent up bringing, thank goodness he wasn't a brat who was acting up and being a monster in front of cameras and everyone.

I really like this little boy- he just seems like a happy well adjusted child. I love looking at new and old pictures of him. Looking at the baby pictures of Marius, SM really does resemble him and MM side of the family. I love the way CP HM talks about his boys being different from IA, and how as time goes by they will explain everything to them and help them understand. I have never heard him make a distinction between "his" kids and Mariius. Just about every picture shown of them together, they are either holding hands or Marius is hanging on HM. I think Marius is one lucky little boy and I think you can tell how happy he is by just watching him act like a normal 9 year old child.

I agree with you Rebafan81. I don't think anyone could have said it better.

The Royal Family and Marius

Rebafan81 said:
Great Pictures Larzen- Thanks for posting.
I think with lighter hair IA is really starting to look like her momma. She has always been my favorite royal child, but as she gets older she just gets prettier. I think she will a fantastic queen one day.
I love the picture with HM arm around Marius. It seems to me that they go a long way to make him feel like he is one of the family. God Bless them, they are a great role model.

Personally, I think the credit should go to Marius for being such a well behaved, loving child. Remember, he did not choose to be a "not official" member of the Royal Family. It was Mette Marit and Haakon's (and Morten Borg's, too) choice to put him into a position of being considered by many throughout the world and certainly in this forum as the social and (in some cases because of his parents failure to legitimize their union) moral inferior of his half-sister and half brothers. I agree, it is nice to see Haakon showing Marius a little bit of the public affection that he so readily shows Ingrid and Sverre. Usually in most photographs that get published of Haakon and Mette-Marit with all three children, Haakon appears to be somewhat distant from Marius while openly showing his affection for his and Mette-Marit's children. The positions that people take in photographs in relation to the other people in the photo are often very revealing of their relationship with that person.

lsme said:
Personally, I think the credit should go to Marius for being such a well behaved, loving child. Remember, he did not choose to be a "not official" member of the Royal Family. It was Mette Marit and Haakon's (and Morten Borg's, too) choice to put him into a position of being considered by many throughout the world and certainly in this forum as the social and (in some cases because of his parents failure to legitimize their union) moral inferior of his half-sister and half brothers.

Actually it's no choice by Haakon, Mette-Marit or Morten Borg for Marius not to have a title. It simply isn't an option, period. Marius is the son of the Crown Princess but has no blood ties to the royal family -- ie. King Harald or Crown Prince Haakon. Combined with the fact that Norway does not have a nobility the way other monarchies do, Marius cannot even have a courtesy title.

Even Haakon's son is a HH rather than HRH, and Martha Louise's daughters do not have a title at all, nor does her husband have a courtesy title the way the Spanish Infantas' husbands have courtesy titles due to their marriage to the King's daughters.

And I've never seen anything from the Norwegian royal court or this forum that implies that Marius is a "social and moral" inferior to his half siblings Ingrid Alexandra and Sverre Magnus. Where have you seen such comments?

lsme said:
I agree, it is nice to see Haakon showing Marius a little bit of the public affection that he so readily shows Ingrid and Sverre. Usually in most photographs that get published of Haakon and Mette-Marit with all three children, Haakon appears to be somewhat distant from Marius while openly showing his affection for his and Mette-Marit's children. The positions that people take in photographs in relation to the other people in the photo are often very revealing of their relationship with that person.

Actually Haakon is quite often publicly affectionate with Marius. During an Easter holiday when the family went to Italy with the King and Queen there were many pictures of Haakon kidding around with Marius while Mette-Marit pushed Ingrid Alexandra in her carriage, as well as recent pictures of Haakon teaching Marius water sports, as well as a very famous set of pictures one September when Haakon, Morten Borg and Mette-Marit all walked Marius to school on his first day. It was Haakon who was playing around with Marius rather than his dad. And while Mette-Marit and Haakon were dating there were many pictures of Haakon in the park with Mette-Marit and Marius riding his bike or Haakon taking Marius to the park to play soccer. For Haakon's 30th birthday there was a concert and Marius sat in Haakon's lap, not his mom's.

I don't think Haakon shows more affection for his (biological) children at all.

Back
Top Bottom