Marius Borg Hoiby - Discussions

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Marius wants to be a journalist? His choice, he is adult.

I was looking for the new official family pictures and stumbled across this article, I'm not sure if it is really new (sorry if it's not):
https://www.vogue.com/article/oslo-norway-city-guide-by-marius-borg-hoiby-juliane-snekkestad

Marius and his girlfriend show the Vogue journalist their favourite places in Oslo.
It seems they want to design jackets:

"It was after watching Sons of Anarchy that the 21-year-old started transferring his painting skills from canvas to motorcycle jackets. Though not yet ready to start selling them, Borg Høiby thinks in time he probably will. “That’s our dream,” adds Snekkestad, who studied fashion design in high school, “to make our own brand.” "

Last edited:
Well, not yet.
Se og Hør continues to reveal stuff about Marius, which makes his (and the CP couple's) request for privacy to seem more and more ridiculous.

Articles from TV2, VG and Dagbladet:

Marius Borg Høiby omtales som «prins» i sin nye jobb - TV2 - translation

Google doesn't allow me to add translation on VG articles, so use your own:
Har fått prinsetittel hos ny arbeidsgiver - VG

Marius Borg Høiby er blitt redaktør i overklassemagasin - Dagbladet - translation

(None of the google translations work right now, so try again later (or use your own).

A summary from me:
Marius, who lives in London, was employed as style editor by the British luxury magazine Tempus in March. - Editor of Tempus Media Limited, Rachel Ingram, confirms this to Se og Hør.
His first and only article in the magazine, so far, was published on March 19th. - Take a look at it here:
Column: Why these electric car brands are finally giving Tesla a run for its money - Tempus

And now, of course, the Norwegian media are making a big deal about the fact that Marius's article was written almost 3 weeks before the CP couple issued that Royal House statement (where they again asked for privacy) on April 6th.
The court (not surprisingly) doesn't want to comment on it.

And yes, there is more:
The magazine has on two occasions (in February and March) referred to Marius as a ''Norwegian prince'' on their website (this was removed after Se og Hør contacted them). - They have also referred to him as that in their paper edition in February.

And the CP couple was of course being asked to comment on it by NRK's royal correspondent Kristi Marie Skrede during their visit in Lithuania yesterday:

NRK article with video and google translation:
Mette-Marit om sønnens nye jobb: – Marius er en veldig kreativ sjel - NRK - translation

Here's some of what MM said - translated by me:

According to Dagbladet, Tempus is a ''high-profile'' magazine (I for one hadn't even heard of them).

From me: Well, as some of the commentators here are saying, this is just getting better and better (for the press, I mean). - And, as usual, the CP couple didn't make a particularly good impression during that interview (although it was better than some of their previous ones during the past 17 years).
See the whole interview in the NRK video above.

My issue with this is just because someone writes articles about Tesla and their new competition, doesn't mean they are any less of a private individual. Journalists are entitled to privacy as well, including those in the ranks of editors.

I was looking for the new official family pictures and stumbled across this article, I'm not sure if it is really new (sorry if it's not):
https://www.vogue.com/article/oslo-norway-city-guide-by-marius-borg-hoiby-juliane-snekkestad

Marius and his girlfriend show the Vogue journalist their favourite places in Oslo.
It seems they want to design jackets:

"It was after watching Sons of Anarchy that the 21-year-old started transferring his painting skills from canvas to motorcycle jackets. Though not yet ready to start selling them, Borg Høiby thinks in time he probably will. “That’s our dream,” adds Snekkestad, who studied fashion design in high school, “to make our own brand.” "

Me confused! :confused:

Weren't Marius and his girlfriend supposed to be left completely alone by the press?

Me confused! :confused:

Weren't Marius and his girlfriend supposed to be left completely alone by the press?

It's a never ending riddle:ermm:

I am sure they would/will say that giving an interview about Oslo and being followed by paparazzi are two totally different things:cool: But
well, giving this interview/tour was certainly not the wisest thing for him to do, keeping in mind his mother's statements :whistling:

But it's a nice advertising article about Oslo, his role as "the Crown Princess' son" is really not prominent in it and without the background I wouldn't see anything wrong with it.

Last edited:
It looks like Mette-Marit's public statements kinda backfired. With these articles it looks like Marius wants press.
Good luck with their fashion brand

It looks like Mette-Marit's public statements kinda backfired. With these articles it looks like Marius wants press.
Good luck with their fashion brand

Yes, but no press around the clock! I think that`s fair enough. And even the most limelight seeking celebrity has also a right of some privacy and peace, as well as no lies or fabricated stories in the papers or the net!

Yes, but no press around the clock! I think that`s fair enough. And even the most limelight seeking celebrity has also a right of some privacy and peace, as well as no lies or fabricated stories in the papers or the net!

Was it ever around the clock? nah. It does not seem to me like he was hounded or written about non stop.
A few articles here and there, mostly based on his public Instagram page. ;)

But as I said, hope his fashion brand is a hit!

Marius is a big boy now. He’ll have to figure out on his own how much privacy he wants and what he has to do to help keep it.

I have had a look at the magazine’s website Tempus: Luxury https://tempusmagazine.co.uk , and I think some of the content headliners are a world away from the values and projected image of the NRF; design, indulge, leaders, philanthropy, speed, sport, style, travel, wealth....its all terribly like a “lads’ magazine” for toffs and aspirational playboys. A bit Tessy of Luxembourg almost :)

It does seem strange that Marius and his girlfriend are giving interviews to famous magazines like Vogue given the privacy requests from Mette-Marit. However, as another poster said, the article mostly focuses on fashion and Oslo itself and only briefly mentions Marius's royal connections. I think Marius seems to be treating his position as more celebrity like in this respect, and such articles are always good publicity for Norwegian tourism.

Let's just hope that Mette Marit stops speaking up for her son and ask for his privacy to be respected as it seems that Marius likes the lime light better than his mother likes to think. They even mention their social media accounts. Not by name but it still hints at them hoping to get followers by doing this tour of Oslo.

Marius Højby has returned to Norway from Britain where he worked for the magazine, Tempus Magazine.

https://www.seher.no/kongelig/marius-til-se-og-hor-mistet-jobben/70534252

Reason: He has been sacked. So he is now unemployed.
It's not his fault though, because the magazine has closed down, and as such all the employees have been laid off.
Marius has confirmed that to Se & Hør.

what happened with the magazine? did it not have a good audience?

Maybe he can identify a study program that he would like to graduate. His first attempts both at atudying and now at a job unfortunately are quite unsuccessful.

Last edited:
Maybe it's appropriate that he can spend time with his mom at this point in time.

Perhaps Marius can decide what he can do to earn his living and enroll in a university.

Last edited:
what happened with the magazine? did it not have a good audience?
Hmm, probably not, or it wouldn't have been closed down. ?
And although Dagbladet (Norwegian republican tabloid) described Tempus as ''high-profile'' back in April, CP MM called it a ''small English magazine,'' and I (for one) hadn't even heard of them.

--------------------

Maybe he can identify a study program that he would like to graduate. His first attempts both at atudying and now at a job unfortunately are quite unsuccessful.
Well, he is ''unfortunately'' very used to a life in luxury at Skaugum without having to earn money, hanging out with his rich/celebrity friends - and now he is what some would describe as a ''spoiled rich-kid, who isn't actually a study-type (as we saw in California).''
And most likely, he wants to do something creative, such as designing clothes, taking pictures, filming, etc (yes, without an education). - Especially since he according to his mother and stepfather, is a ''very creative soul (especially in these areas), who likes to work.''

--------------------

Maybe it's appropriate that he can spend time with his mom at this point in time.
Yes, ''appropriate'' indeed. ?

Last edited:
Hmm, probably not, or it wouldn't have been closed down. ?
And although Dagbladet (Norwegian republican tabloid) described Tempus as ''high-profile'' back in April, CP MM called it a ''small English magazine,'' and I (for one) hadn't even heard of them.

--------------------

Well, he is ''unfortunately'' very used to a life in luxury at Skaugum without having to earn money, hanging out with his rich/celebrity friends - and now he is what some would describe as a ''spoiled rich-kid, who isn't actually a study-type (as we saw in California).''
And most likely, he wants to do something creative, such as designing clothes, taking pictures, filming, etc (yes, without an education). - Especially since he according to his mother and stepfather, is a ''very creative soul (especially in these areas ]:

There are, however, many university programs that focus on creative arts, design, filmmaking, even photography. Maybe not so much in Norway ( I don’t know enough about it), but certainly in the US, especially in California and in the Northeast. In fact, I thought California would be a perfect match for Marius, not only academically, but also in terms of things he seems to be interested in ( social scene, extreme sports, etc.) . I was greatly surprised it didn’t work out for him.

I hope he won't come back to Norway because of the illness of his mother... :(

If he wants to visit his mother he is allowed to do it, what's your point?

I think what was meant was, let's hope that his mother's health has detiorated so much that he is called back to Norway because of that... but i don't think that's the case..

There are, however, many university programs that focus on creative arts, design, filmmaking, even photography. Maybe not so much in Norway ( I don’t know enough about it), but certainly in the US, especially in California and in the Northeast. In fact, I thought California would be a perfect match for Marius, not only academically, but also in terms of things he seems to be interested in ( social scene, extreme sports, etc.) . I was greatly surprised it didn’t work out for him.
Yes, there are (also in Norway BTW), but he doesn't seem to be a university-type, which is probably due to the stuff I mentioned in the previous post.
And as The Crown Princess said back in April: ''Han er veldig god til å ta bilder og filme, og har ønsket å jobbe kreativt lenge.'' (''He is very good at taking pictures and filming, and has wanted to work creatively for a long time.'') - And there is several ways for him (due to his many contacts) to do that without and education. I.e. starting a blog (which seems to very lucrative here), or he can (as I also mentioned in the above post) try to continue with something within clothing (or other types of design).

--------------------

I hope he won't come back to Norway because of the illness of his mother... :(
Well, that would really surprise me, since the Crown Princess has participated in several engagements recently. - And (although not listed in the official calendar yet) she is according to the court, who's spoken to TV2's Royal Expert Kjell Arne Totland, planing to take part in The Nobel Peace Prize Award Ceremony tomorrow.

I have two questions:
Who is the wife of Marius's father?
Who are Marius's paternal grandparents?

:previous: Thanks Fortimo! :flowers:

This appears to be a blog-post with information from several old articles.

--------------------

I have two questions:
Who is the wife of Marius's father?
Who are Marius's paternal grandparents?
The wife of Marius' father (Morten Borg, who has a bit of a shady past, as he is previously been convicted of cocaine-possession) is Celine Maktabi-Borg (daughter of the wealthy and controversial Lebanese-born businessman in the carpet-industry, Mahmoud Maktabi, who's been accused/convicted of fraud). She married Borg in 2004 - and has a son with him (born in 2005), plus one from an earlier relationship. Maktabi-Borg is currently working for her father.

See photos of her (including one with Mahmoud, taken some years ago) in fortimo's above post.

Marius' paternal grandparents: There has never been any talk about them at all in the media, so, I don't know. ??

Last edited:
Well, VG has found out that Marius has got himself a new January/February job in the sales and marketing department at Selvaag Bolig (residential property developer, which is owned by the wealthy Selvaag-family - Wikipedia link in English). Kristoffer Gregersen, the company's Communications and Marketing Director, confirms this to the newspaper.

Hmm, I must say I am a bit surprised that the press has not made any point of the fact that Olav Hindahl Selvaag (who owns the Selvaag-group together with his father and younger brother) is a close friend of The Crown Prince - and that the company has regularly given money to The CP-Couple's Foundation.

But we can be ABSOLUTELY SURE that if it turns out that CP Haakon has used his contacts to get his stepson a job, then nobody can save him from the Norwegian media.

Article: Marius Borg Høiby har fått ny jobb - ABC.

But. Isn't that a thing that every stepfather would do for the stepson he loves? (Or likes, but I tend to say love from what I got from pics and so on during the years)
IS it possible, nowadays, to get a job without connections?? TBH I made the experience thats its very hard.

Back
Top Bottom