Marius Borg Hoiby - Discussions

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
He's turning out to be rather handsome too, and resembles MM a lot, though I've only just started to think that his and Ingrid Alexandra's eyes look kind of similar, despite the fact that they're different colours.

Last edited by a moderator:
Out of curiosity, does anybody know how many siblings Marius has from his father's side?

It is. But I pity not finding any large pics of him at this italian wedding...

I see him catching the eye of a pretty well off Italian maiden;)

So stunning and handsome! On that HQ picture, he is taller than Haakon, and Haakon is quite tall. Does anyone knows Marius height?

So stunning and handsome! On that HQ picture, he is taller than Haakon, and Haakon is quite tall. Does anyone knows Marius height?
I think at this age, his height is changing frequently ;) And I agree, he is growing up to be a stunner!

I hoped he will settle well into some serious profession but then the way MM is already inducing him into the hi fi jetset crowd, it luks he wl also keep dabbling and drifting in those modelling/designing/racing/art history stuff..

If he starts hanging with the glitterati set....the beautiful people on the fringe of aristocrasy with obscene amounts of money and no limits then I can most certainly see happening. Hopefully his parents have grounded him enough to make wise choices.

To be a model, the camera has to love you, which I don't see with him. To be tall and slim is not every thing

To be a model, the camera has to love you, which I don't see with him. To be tall and slim is not every thing

Well, if HE would love the camera, and play with it, he could definitely be a male model. But he seems a bit shy, especially when paparazzi around and I can perfectly understand this!

I think Marius is very handsome. He has his mother's incredible bone structure, height and complexion.

It would not surprise me a bit if Haakon/MM encouraged him to tag along to this wedding in the hopes of getting him acquainted with this crowd and encouraging him to meet the "right" sort of girl.

I don't see anything wrong with it.

Last edited:
Surely they have nice uppercrust Norwegian girls who would be more logical than Italian and Monegasque socialites though.

:previous:Yes, you would think so wouldn't you? I remember hearing that hereditary titles no longer exist in Norway, that they were abolished.

Still there should be some well brought up, well educated young lady that would meet the approval of Marius's family.:whistling:

Just because the titles have long been abolished does not mean the people and families ceased to exist... They stayed rich and Royal in all but name I suppose.

As An Aside on post #374 there is a photo of Alexandra with a floral headband, was she a flowergirl (bridesmaid) at the wedding?

Just because the titles have long been abolished does not mean the people and families ceased to exist... They stayed rich and Royal in all but name I suppose.

They are not; Norway is an egalitarian country. :flowers:

All right aristo in all but name, how's that? They is still the wealthy and elite class every country has even the smallest poorest.And as all wealthy and elite classes I imagine they usually stick together and intermarry, correct?

Last edited:
Norway does have an upper class just like all other countries. Because titles are no longer used does not mean everyone is equal.

True, when you are a Huitfeldt, a Løvenskiold, a Treschow, a Wedell-Jarlsberg, a Knjagenhelm, a Roos af Hjelmsjäter, etc. they you really belong to the "better class" of Norway, so to speak.

I remember, from the time of the marriage between Haakon and Mette-Marit, an older Norwegian gentleman saying on Swedish tv that "nobody expects The Prince to marry another royal for political reasons but we do have old, grand families in Norway to choose from instead of shopping in the gutter ". At least to him there were an Norwegian upper class (both previously noble and newer families) and in truth many of the old noble families continued to hold positions at the Royal court at least until the dissolution of the union with Sweden in 1905.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

An article about Marius in US Weekly:

This Norwegian Royal’s Son, Marius Borg Hoiby, Has Gone Viral -- Because He’s Hot!

Move over, Prince Harry: there’s a new hot royal in town! Marius Borg Hoiby, the son of Norway’s Crown Princess Mette-Marit, stepped out on with the rest of his royal family for a soccer game in Oslo earlier this month, sparking all kinds of flustered reactions and attention on the Internet.
More here:
This Norwegian Royal’s Son, Marius Borg Hoiby, Has Gone Viral-- Because He’s Hot! - Us Weekly

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom