Marius Borg Hoiby - Discussions

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Kongefamilien i familiekonfirmasjon - Østlandssendingen - NRK Nyheter (Already posted I think, but there's a video added)

Yes his father attended along with his wife and two brothers of Marius. His uncles and aunt from his mother’s family were also all there, as was the crown Princess mother.

The video shows the Royal family arriving and Marius entering the church. Also we see all them after the ceremony with some nice bits of Marius hugging a lot of his friends and family. Including his father and stepmother.

Thanks for the lovely video-wonderful to see.

I love the fact that the King & Queen were there for Marius! So much respect for them for loving and caring for him. The pictures were wonderful! Congrats Marius.

Wonderful to see this lovely young man on the day of his Confirmation. And the best of all is to see how he is loved not only by his Mum and Stepfather and siblings but also by the Queen and King who were there on his big day.What an admirable family!

The pictures and video of Marius at his confirmation warm my heart! What a wonderful, modern royal family Norway has! Marius is so blessed to have so many adults who care and love him and have worked together to parent him.

I loved watching the video. I think Marius seems shy around the press with little glances at them. I have so much respect for the King and Queen as well as Crown Prince Haakon. Lovely to see the big hug Harald gave Marius as well as going over to shake the hand of Morton Borg.

Then the icing on the cake is the royal house releasing two portraits of Marius on this important occasion. Showing that he is valued and cared for as a full member of the royal family, not just a bonus member.

I have always loved this family for their approach to their lives. Marius is such a handsome, well adjusted young man, I LOVE the relationship he has with CP Haakon. He looked as proud of Marius, as if Marius was his blood son, everything was just so natural, he seems very protective of him, which I adore. The King and Queen have always treated him so well, he is just a member of the family and it shows!!

i LOVE this family and how lovely they are together, i really respect the love they (King/Queen/Haakon) give Marius. they treat him like a family!!!
and ohh, how handsome he is, of all the royal kids (even though he isnt, he is part of a royal family) he sure is one of the most breathtaking young men out there!!!
Crown Prince Hussein, now Marius, soon Prince Nikolai, gosh, they are taking the world by storm^^ or the girls by storm ahah

I didn't find a better thread for it, but I find this article about Celine-Maktabi-Borg, the stepmother of Marius. It seems, there is also a very nice patchwork-family:
"If people ask me, I say I have three sons. I do not tell them apart. I denotes myself as Marius' second mother. To me he's just like all other children, and I treat him the same way as the other two my boys. We go out and bowler, we have a pillow fight in bed all along and we stand on the skateboard."

Teppedronninga - Magasinet - Dagbladet.no
Google Fordító

Last edited:
She sounds like a really nice lady. Marius is a lucky boy that all the adults in his life - his biological and step-parents especially - put his needs and well-being above their own, and ensure he always has a happy, harmonious home wherever he's staying.

It was said about the relationship between Morten Borg and the Queen, that they knew eachother from earlier time, not only via MM and Haakon, if I remember correctly, the wife of Morten Borg's brother is the goddaughter of the Queen... (?) So they celebrate sometimes familyoccassion together, and these some photo are from such an event: little Marius with Queen Sonja:

The undertitel: "While mum Mette-Marit celebrated her 28th birthday along with Crown Prince Haakon and good friends in Ullevålsveien 67, was Lillle Marius (4) with "stebestemor" Sonja baptism. It was Marius' cousin - little Thomas Felix Borg - who was baptized in Frogner Church. Thomas Felix is ​​the son of Anders Borg and Krogh Jeanine Borg. Anders is the brother of Marius' father, Morten Borg."

Søk | Scanpix

I find that Mette-Marit did not look good in this period - perhaps of her pregnancy?

I'm just curious: What does Marius call Haakon?

I just love Marius, he is one of my favorite royal/non-royal child, now my favorite young royal man!!
Kalnel-I have seen and heard where Marius calls Prince Haakon, just plain Haakon.

What a lot of real blond hair!

Thanks, that's interesting! So he is going to a sports school where he can also finish his studies. I have to admit I had to look up what twin tip skiing is (youtube videos help) - and wow it looks quite adventurous!

Another article about his choise:
Marius Borg Høiby (16) satser på ski - VG Nett om Kongehuset
Google Fordító
Here the homepage of the school:
WANG Oslo

I found this video about this sport: Best of Twintip Skiing - YouTube
Yes, it looks adventurous, but also very dangerous...
I am surprised, that this kind of skiing you can learn/study in schools...

Back
Top Bottom