It's a Boy!

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh gosh we have another den lille prinsen. These babies have got to have names so we can keep them straight! :D

LaMinka said:
Pictures of Haakon from Isifa, if you have access to the pictures please post them.
They seem to be just variations of the same pictures that have been posted earlier in the thread. How many pictures of Haakon, on a white background, from slightly different angles do we need?

Remember: Quality! Not Quantity.

And if someone feels that these pictures are *needed* then, please post via other means than TRF's attachment option.

ysbel said:
Oh gosh we have another den lille prinsen. These babies have got to have names so we can keep them straight! :D
Le Petit Prince Danois & Le Petit Prince Norvegien... works for me.

Or Prince Hamlet and the Norwegian one... :p

I wonder why it is that the men are always wearing suits when they talk about their babies at press conferences? I hope they didn't wear the suits while in the delivery room with their wives.

I know they need to look professional but I think the public wouldn't hold it against them if they showed up at these press conferences in their Dockers with a button up shirt and the sleeves rolled up to their elbows.

he finally decided to come out!!!!!!

congrats to the crown princely couple !!!!!

Congrats to the couple, their families, and Norway!

(Any idea when we will learn his name?)

Congratulations to the Royal House and People of Norway on the arrival of their new little Prince! :)

Genevieve said:
I wonder why it is that the men are always wearing suits when they talk about their babies at press conferences? I hope they didn't wear the suits while in the delivery room with their wives.

I know they need to look professional but I think the public wouldn't hold it against them if they showed up at these press conferences in their Dockers with a button up shirt and the sleeves rolled up to their elbows.

Yes, good point. While the wives are doing all of the hard work, it would be nice if they didn't appear so very put together and formal. I agree with you on that. Loosen up for sure.

Anyone here knows if the little Prince will have it's own title besides 'Prince'? Also, do they have coat of arms for every new Royal member born?

hrhcp said:
when will we see the first photo's ??
maybe today or tomorrow..I can't wait to se den lille prinsen:rolleyes:

LaMinka said:
maybe today or tomorrow..I can't wait to se den lille prinsen:rolleyes:

Me either! Or better yet on Monday when we find our his name.

I've been working all weekend and have only just read the wonderful news.

:) Congratulations to Haakon and Mette-Marit and the Norwegian Royal Family!:)

Wow the baby is heavy! Does anyone know how big IA was at birth? All my children were 3.5-3.8 kg, and it was sure hard to carry!

Iv'e just had a thought, that based on the friendship between CPrince Felipe of Spain with CPrince Haakon, maybe we have a little match between the babies!

Toledo said:
Anyone here knows if the little Prince will have it's own title besides 'Prince'? Also, do they have coat of arms for every new Royal member born?
No, and no. :p

Seriously - Norway doesn't do titles. We don't have a nobility, and to award the little guy an artificial one would be rather pointless. Ultimately, the king decides what titles should be awarded, but I doubt the newborn will get anything besides the HRH Prince of Norway...

Neither do the Norwegian family do coat of arms for every individual - at least not as far as I'm aware. They have their monograms, and Ingrid Alexandra got hers early, designed by Queen Margrethe of Denmark... but who knows what will happen with this one?

On Friday Haakon and Mette-Marit was tired of waiting for their one week over due baby and they went out to have lunch at "Bølgen og Moi" in Oslo, 20 hours later their son was born
http://www.aftenposten.no/nyheter/kongelige/article1171069.ece

Since this is thefirst baby boy born in Norway that is not destined to be King it creates new situations. Märtha Louise was not the heir when she was born and have not given an oath to Stortinget and can therefor not Preside state council and act as Regent. Juridical Professor says that probably this boy will not do it either, but it depends on the situation in 18 years. Ingrid Alexandra will at her 18th birthday take the oath infront of Stortinget and then she can preside state council alone or together with the King
http://www.aftenposten.no/nyheter/kongelige/article1171070.ece

Last edited:
Where is the little boy first picture? When we can will see baby?

Gillian said:
Where is the little boy first picture? When we can will see baby?

As mentioned in previous posts, it is most likely happening on Monday. The Crown Prince thought it would be as with Princess Ingrid Alexandra, that he himself takes the photos to be released to the medias. But I guess they are haveing a silent weekend first, getting adjusted to be a family of 5 and having two children in nappies :D

Last edited:
Dennism said:
Yes, good point. While the wives are doing all of the hard work, it would be nice if they didn't appear so very put together and formal. I agree with you on that. Loosen up for sure.

i know that felipe was dressed normally and then someone of the palace brought him some smart clothes for the conference. probably the same happened for haakon.

Neither do the Norwegian family do coat of arms for every individual - at least not as far as I'm aware. They have their monograms, and Ingrid Alexandra got hers early, designed by Queen Margrethe of Denmark

what a surprise... a didn't know ingrid's monogram was designed by margrethe! why was this? any special event or was she asked to create it by the king of norway or something?

Ingrids monogram was created by Margrethe for Ingrids christening, she also did the monogram of Haakon and Mette-Marit, I suppose someone in the family asked her to do it
You can see it here

Larzen said:
Ingrids monogram was created by Margrethe for Ingrids christening, she also did the monogram of Haakon and Mette-Marit, I suppose someone in the family asked her to do it
You can see it here

how nice and sweet that she created them... did she also create frederik and mary's?

btw, this is the cover of this weeks se og hor, with a tiny picture of haakon and mette marit going baby shopping... :)
as i'm not sure in which thread to put it i will also copy it to the haakon and mm current events thread.

Last edited:
norwegianne said:
No, and no. :p

Seriously - Norway doesn't do titles. We don't have a nobility, and to award the little guy an artificial one would be rather pointless. Ultimately, the king decides what titles should be awarded, but I doubt the newborn will get anything besides the HRH Prince of Norway...

Neither do the Norwegian family do coat of arms for every individual - at least not as far as I'm aware. They have their monograms, and Ingrid Alexandra got hers early, designed by Queen Margrethe of Denmark... but who knows what will happen with this one?

Thanks for the answer. Surprising as it is. I'm from Spain (but live in the USA) and the idea of an European Kingdom with no titled nobility or a office structured to grant arms is kind austere. I hope that when new Dad Haakon gets his turn for the throne he "monarchizes" the office of the monarchy a little more. Titles could be given as a form of national recognition for services to the country.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom