Ingrid Alexandra's Birthday: Pictures and Articles (all years)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
lovely pictures and video! i'm glad they released them. ingrid looks like an extremely happy little girl and both haakon and MM seem to have quite a relaxed, normal life.

what does ingrid say in the video? can anyone translate?

anyone else having trouble seeing the video on kungehuset website

i did! very slow indeed. just check the websites our posters have provided us with. however, i must also say there seem to be a couple of different videos...

Several Norwegian photographers complain about the quality of the pictures released. It seems that their biggest complaint is that IA's wearing a woolen cap outside in winter, as it doesn't give itself to the extremely royal pictures grandmas will be cutting out of the magazines and saving… as well as the photographic quality. There's also a mentioning of too little MM in the winter pictures, and that IA should've been photographed in full figure.

Thank you all for the lovely pictures and video(not all videos opened):neutral:
But I manged to see one and liked the part of Ingrid feeding the cow!:)

How cute! I wonder if they will release photos of her birthday party?

Some of you have asked what the Princess is saying, and after haven seen all the videos, I've written some of it down for you.

When in the cowshed, the Crown Princess says that she thinks the cows like it better in the summer when they can be outside on the fields, and the young Princess agrees.

Then they talk about how old the little calf is, the Princess asks how many years he is, after Mette-Marit said he was ten days old, so she explained to her again, that he wasn’t any years at all yet. Ingrid said she likes to be with the calf because they are cute, and her mother says, they are, but you are pretty cute as well, upon the Princess says, not really, or not much. They talk about milking the calves, and that the one they are with is very hungry and move his tail just as a dog would.

Mette-Marit asks Ingrid to name the calf, and she names him Asparo, a very nice name in my opinion.

When they are at Skaugum, inside, they sing and read from A Norwegian children’s book, which is a gift to Ingrid, and at the start Mette reads a note she has written to her daughter in the book; I don’t remember exactly what she read, but the Princess replies by saying that, that was kind to say, and Mette-Marit kissed her forehead saying that was sweet of her to say.

When she is going to use the slide she tells The Crown Prince to move away, but he says he will catch her. She tells him she wants to go fast on the swing. And when she is climbing, Haakon gets concerned and tells her to be careful, but she has full control and tells him it is ok, and he says, oh you can do it, you’re very good.

At the swimming pool she says something about the water being cold, and not wanting to get in. Haakon praises her for swimming all the way towards him, and she says she will swim all the way back as well. When she climbs up, she says she has to dry, and then run to get a towel.

These videos are a real treat, they are really lovely and beautiful people !

Some of you have asked what the Princess is saying, and after haven seen all the videos, I've written some of it down for you.

When in the cowshed, the Crown Princess says that she thinks the cows like it better in the summer when they can be outside on the fields, and the young Princess agrees.

Then they talk about how old the little calf is, the Princess asks how many years he is, after Mette-Marit said he was ten days old, so she explained to her again, that he wasn’t any years at all yet. Ingrid said she likes to be with the calf because they are cute, and her mother says, they are, but you are pretty cute as well, upon the Princess says, not really, or not much. They talk about milking the calves, and that the one they are with is very hungry and move his tail just as a dog would.

Mette-Marit asks Ingrid to name the calf, and she names him Asparo, a very nice name in my opinion.

When they are at Skaugum, inside, they sing and read from A Norwegian children’s book, which is a gift to Ingrid, and at the start Mette reads a note she has written to her daughter in the book; I don’t remember exactly what she read, but the Princess replies by saying that, that was kind to say, and Mette-Marit kissed her forehead saying that was sweet of her to say.

When she is going to use the slide she tells The Crown Prince to move away, but he says he will catch her. She tells him she wants to go fast on the swing. And when she is climbing, Haakon gets concerned and tells her to be careful, but she has full control and tells him it is ok, and he says, oh you can do it, you’re very good.

At the swimming pool she says something about the water being cold, and not wanting to get in. Haakon praises her for swimming all the way towards him, and she says she will swim all the way back as well. When she climbs up, she says she has to dry, and then run to get a towel.

Thank you so much :flowers: I really appreciate it.

You're welcome :) (and thanks for flower ;))

As others have mentioned, I also had some trouble with accessing the video posted at the royalfamily website, but I could see it just fine when I tried again before my last post. So for those of you who had trouble seeing it earlier might want to try again.

I really loved the video and pictures they released this year, Ingrid is adorable and shows a great personality. I'm enjoying watching her and her brothers grow.

Thank you for the translations. Even without them, the video is precious.

Thanks to vestfoldlilja for the great translation! The pictures and video are wonderful. The kids are adorable and seem to be real characters, and the whole family seems so close. I like that there is such a wide variety. We see indoor pictures, wintery pics with the cows and the sledding, and we see summery shots with the trampoline and the pool. I think the video release on Ingrid's b-day is a really nice tradition.

The summer pictures were taken in September, according to the captions - most likely a couple of extra pictures that weren't released from the photoshoot then. The winter pictures are recent. :flowers:

on the Kongehuset page it is said that summer pictures are from june 2007.
indeed lovely photos.:wub:

I was hearing somewhere that some Norwegian Newspapers/Magazines were disappointed by the Birthday pictures, because in their eyes they haven't been "formal" enough. :blink:

Awww...my heart just melts everytime I see Ingrid. She truly has a unique and beautiful character! I love the pictures and the video, thanks for posting them! Beautiful, beautiful children!

I was hearing somewhere that some Norwegian Newspapers/Magazines were disappointed by the Birthday pictures, because in their eyes they haven't been "formal" enough. :blink:

Formal??? How?? She's just 4 years old! :bang:
The pictures shows her as a young pre-schooler having fun :wub:

Whoa galatea! Very cool! How did you get that effect?

Who cares about what they say, all the pictures were nice.
And thank you galatea for your wonderful collage, it was great:flowers:

I agree. Well, the press always finds something to complain about. :glare:
I am glad the Norwegian CP Family always looks informal in their "official" Family photos!
They media should wait a few more years, until Ingrid and Magnus are older.
Then they will finally get their "full regalia" photos. :p

I loved the pictures, regardless ofwhen they were taken.

The note in the book say: "Dear Ingrid, this is from your mother who loves you very much. "I think it was very sweet when Ingrid replies: aww, mamma your so kind. :wub:

Another video : Sjarmerende jubilant - ba.no

Ireally enjoyed the pictures and the video,specially after understanding it.
Thank you Vestfoldlilja.

In honor of the little princess' birthday, I have made a collage of her picture using old pictures of her and her family.

Here's the sample:

http://img44.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=61959_ingrid_sample_122_866lo.jpg

Here's the bigger version (1800x1211):

http://img103.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=62062_Ingrid_122_1157lo.jpg

I made an even bigger one (4680x3150), for better printing quality, but I have no idea where to upload it. Some image sites only host up
to 3mb maximum.
Very nice , beautiful, hope to see the other one;)

Back
Top Bottom