Ingrid Alexandra's Baptism

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Many thanks to both of you, Norwegianne and Mandy ! :) :)
I went on the thread Norwegianne told me to go to and I found so many beautiful pictures I hadn't seen before ! Wonderful ! Anyway the photos I looked for were not to be found there . But the ones Mandy gave have nearly the same size as the original pictures . So I'm very glad to be able to see them again ! What a nice family ...

Can someone tell me, how was she in her christening???

I've meant: How "old" was she in her christening????

Sorry... :eek: But can someone tell me?
How old was she in her christening???:confused:

Last edited:
IA cried and screamed almost always....:)

yeah it was horrible. her father tried to comfort her and then her mother but it didnt help at all.
And as far as i rememberes Maud Angelica also started to cry to resemble her cousin. But she atleast stopped crying when Ari comforted her

I just wonder, is the chirstening of MM and Haakons new child going to be showed on tv?

LaMinka said:
I just wonder, is the chirstening of MM and Haakons new child going to be showed on tv?

Most likely yes, since both the christening of Maud Angelica and Leah Isadora was televised, and the new child will be a prince or princess and be in the sucession to the throne as well.

KikkiB said:
Most likely yes, since both the christening of Maud Angelica and Leah Isadora was televised, and the new child will be a prince or princess and be in the sucession to the throne as well.

I'm asking you a little favor...

when the christening happends, could you please record it, for all of to see it!

:p And if you couldn't thanks anyway...

photofan said:
I'm asking you a little favor...

when the christening happends, could you please record it, for all of to see it!

:p And if you couldn't thanks anyway...

It will most likely, I hope, be aired by NRK (The state television channel)'s web-televison, as Ingrid Alexandra and Maud Angelica's was.

Kikki, I couldn't find anything in the programmes about Leah Isadora's baptism around the time of it? Are you positive all of it was televised?

Thanks! But the new child is going to be a prince/princess?

norwegianne said:
It will most likely, I hope, be aired by NRK (The state television channel)'s web-televison, as Ingrid Alexandra and Maud Angelica's was.

Kikki, I couldn't find anything in the programmes about Leah Isadora's baptism around the time of it? Are you positive all of it was televised?

Sometimes I do post too quickly, and I'm sorry if I miss things. I'll try to be better on sources and such :eek: Come to think of it, I'm not entirely sure if the whole of Leah Isadora's christening was televized, it might just have been a report on the news (But still, I find that weird as the whole of Maud Angelica's christening was televized :confused: ). I can't find it in the NRK programme archives. So I'm sorry for misleading you all, my memory fails me at times :eek:

photofan said:
Can someone tell me, how was she in her christening???

I've meant: How "old" was she in her christening????

Sorry... :eek: But can someone tell me?
How old was she in her christening???:confused:

She was born in late January and christened in the middle of April, so she was little less than three months old.

A picture of Marius from Siste.no:

just to refresh our memories on a norwegian christening...

(photos from scanpix via tv2)

I know this is quite long ago but is there a video clip of Ingrid Alexandra's baptism. I didn't really follow the royals then and missed the event.

Thank You

Ingrid certainly cried during her baptism, didn't she? Well, it's a rarity if a baby doesn't. She was a cutie, and she still is.

I also recognized one of the hymns that they sang. In America, it's called "Be Thou My Vision" and it's my favorite hymn.

Last edited:
Poor little Ingrid! I wonder what was wrong, if she was tired or colicky or just cranky. King Harald certainly looks proud of his little granddaughter, and Mette=Marit looks so proud of Marius when he is carrying the candle.

I don't understand Norwegian, but why weren't Frederik and Felipe there?
I know they both got married in 2004, but that was in May, and the baptism was in April. Isn't someone supposed to stand in as proxy if any of the grandparents can't be there? I just think it's odd that they weren't there!

is chrsitning been taken place in any other chapel then the one at the castle
Royal Chapel

were did the king and his sisters christning take place

Queen Sonja's gift: a necklace with a heart pendant, which she herself got from King Harald when Haakon was born in 1973, and two sets of earrings (one with pearls and one with diamonds) - all in a box decorated with lovely photos and roses
HQ Picture http://blogg.tv2.no/kongebloggen/files/2013/06/sp49c63b-e1372603651251.jpg

article Ingrid Alexandras smykke – en gave fra farmor | Kongebloggen - Kjell Arne Totland
Google Translation

Other gifts:
All Over Press Finland
All Over Press Finland
All Over Press Finland
All Over Press Finland
All Over Press Finland
All Over Press Finland
All Over Press Finland
All Over Press Finland

Quote from the King's speech at the baptism lunch:

[...]

Ingrid Alexandra begins a new era in Norway's history by being born as the first female heir to the throne in our over thousand year history as a monarchy. Many will probably say with me: It's about time.

In Norway we have through several centuries been accustomed to the King being the ruling monarch, and that's the way the picture of the head of state as a man has fastened in our country. We must change that picture, and Ingrid Alexandra will be the personification of the new picture that shall step forward. Here she will have an open space, with many possibilities.

[...]

I think the King is the sole male head of a royal or noble house who has taken such a clear position in favor of gender equality in the succession. I deeply respect him for it.

Back
Top Bottom