Ingrid Alexandra's Baptism

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally posted by norwegianne@Apr 15th, 2004 - 2:19 pm
And it seems like Maud Angelica hasn't been invited, or not accepted her invitation... she's not on the list..
Her acceptance letter is probably in the mail. It took her a long time to write a response. :p

Originally posted by Dennism+Apr 15th, 2004 - 7:28 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Dennism @ Apr 15th, 2004 - 7:28 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-norwegianne@Apr 15th, 2004 - 2:19 pm
And it seems like Maud Angelica hasn't been invited, or not accepted her invitation... she's not on the list..
Her acceptance letter is probably in the mail. It took her a long time to write a response. :p [/b][/quote]
:lol:

So Sven O. is on the list...good grief ;) No, I´m happy, that they ( cp MM and cp Haakon) seem to get along with him...

From www.vg.no-> picture

Fadder Victoria klar for prinsessedåp

Alt er klart for den store barnedåpen. Fredag ettermiddag kom prinsesse Ingrid Alexandras fadder kronprinsesse Victoria til Oslo.

Bordene er dekket, Slottskapellet er nyoppusset og vakkert pyntet og fadder- og gjesteliste offentliggjort. Den eneste hemmeligheten nå er hvilken dåpskjole prinsesse Ingrid Alexandra skal bære når hun døpes av biskop Gunnar Stålsett lørdag.

Hvis kronprinsparet velger tradisjonelt, blir kjolen den som alle kong Olavs etterkommere er døpt i, og som ble sydd av kronprinsesse Märthas mor, prinsesse Ingeborg, i 1920.

Alle dåpsbarnas navn er brodert på kjolen, og lille Maud Angelica var den som brukte den sist. Men hvis foreldrene ser bort fra denne tradisjonen, kan de også velge å døpe sin datter i den samme dåpskjolen som kong Olav ble døpt i, og som ble satt i stand til den store kong Olav-utstillingen på Slottet sist sommer.

Et tredje alternativ er en helt ny dåpskjole som kan danne grunnlaget for en ny tradisjon i kongefamilien. Da danske prins Joachim og prinsesse Alexandra fikk sitt første barn i 1999 valgte de å få sydd en helt ny dåpskjole til sin sønn og på denne måte skape en egen tradisjon for sin del av familien.

Victoria er kommet

Prinsesse Ingrid Alexandra har som kjent tre tronfølgere som faddere ved dåpen. To av dem, kronprins Frederik av Danmark og kronprins Felipe av Spania, har meldt avbud, mens kronprinsesse Victoria av Sverige har takket ja til invitasjonen. Hun kom til Oslo fredag ettermiddag og ble møtt av kronprinsen på Gardermoen.

Etter det NTB erfarer vil hun returnere til Sverige søndag. Også den andre kongelige gjesten fra utlandet, grevinne Ruth av Rosenborg, kom til Oslo fredag. Det er kong Harald som skal være gudfar og bære sitt barnebarn til dåpen, mens de øvrige fadderne er prinsesse Märtha Louise og barnets mormor, Marit Tjessem.

Rikholdig gavebord

Gavebordet blir trolig av en helt annen dimensjon enn det som blir vanlige dåpsbarn til gode. Her kommer det nok til å blinke i sølv, gull og edle stener i tillegg til mer praktiske ting som fjellpulken som Asker kommune gir sin lille sambygding.

Dåpsgaven fra Den norske kirkes biskoper til prinsesse Ingrid Alexandra er et gullkors med kjede, spesielt laget for anledningen.

Korset er en kopi av et kors som er hogget i kleberstein på Nidarosdomen. Bergenserne gir diamant øredobber med anheng i tillegg til et lite dukkekoppesett, og fra Universitetet i Oslo får hun skolebøker til barn i Mali i Afrika.

For øvrig en ypperlig gave til en liten prinsesse som trolig får langt mer enn hun trenger i forbindelse med barnedåpen.

Thanks for posting the photos, Lena. They are great. Bravo to Haakon for being a gentleman as well.

Originally posted by Alexandria@Apr 13th, 2004 - 8:05 am

Surely Frederik could spare one afternoon to attend the future Queen of Norway's baptism? As someone mentioned, Ingrid Alexandra will only be baptised once in her life. I really don't know how involved Frederik is with the wedding plans. I'm sure that he and Mary make some decisions but I'm sure that most of it is being handled by the royal court. And even if Frederik and Mary were doing everything themselves, what is one afternoon?
It's not just one afternoon, this is a whole event and I'm sure that traveling for CP Frederik is a whole to do(they don't live down the street you know). Things need to be arranged well ahead of time. There is outfits & hair & makeup for Mary & travel arrangements not just for the 2 of them but their guards etc...

It's not like us, we can shop for an outfit in a day & do our own hair & makeup & all we have to do is drive over to a church & be there an hour & then go home.

Besides I'm sure they are very involved in their wedding plans even if they have a lot of people working on things for them.

unexpected decline of the invitation of felipe and letizia: it was suddenly confirmed that they weren't attending to the christening.

ARTICLE BY IBLNEWS

Tras el viaje a Bahamas, el Príncipe renuncia a asistir al bautizo y ser padrino

ANÁLISIS. OPINIÓN. Finalmente, Felipe de Borbón no asistirá al bautizo de Ingrid Alexandra, hija de su amigo Haakon Magnus de Noruega y Mette Marit, y por tanto tampoco será uno de los seis padrinos de la niña, como en principio había aceptado.

Jueves, 15 abril 2004
EL CONFIDENCIAL DIGITAL, IBLNEWS
La anulación de este viaje se produce días después de la polémica surgida en España por sus vacaciones de Semana Santa en las islas Bahamas, acompañado de su prometida, Letizia Ortiz, y de otra pareja amiga.
A pesar de que en esas vacaciones no hubo una fiesta de “despedida de soltero”, sin embargo el propio hecho de haberse marchado a tan exóticas y alejadas zonas turísticas, un viaje caro y una estancia cara, en plenos días de Semana Santa, y cuando hace tan poco que se produjeron en España los atentados del 11 de marzo, no ha sido precisamente una buena idea.

Originally posted by Angel S.@Apr 16th, 2004 - 4:36 pm
It's not just one afternoon, this is a whole event and I'm sure that traveling for CP Frederik is a whole to do(they don't live down the street you know). Things need to be arranged well ahead of time. There is outfits & hair & makeup for Mary & travel arrangements not just for the 2 of them but their guards etc...

It's not like us, we can shop for an outfit in a day & do our own hair & makeup & all we have to do is drive over to a church & be there an hour & then go home.
But also not like us, Frederik and Mary have at their disposal assistants who could arrange their hair appointments or shop for their clothes, or even have designers send them over outfits to try.

As for the time thing, Victoria of Sweden seemed to manage okay with her schedule on the short notice -- the same amount of time Frederik and Mary would've had to make their travel arrangements.

And while Ingrid Alexandra's baptism is an 'event' in the broad sense of the word, it is not a 3-day festivity. I have not even read that there will be a grand dinner reception after the baptism, as the Greek royals did following the baptism of their second son I believe. (Although the Greek dinner for Achilleas' baptism was toned down in order for the funds to be donated to charity.) And even if there was a gala dinner after the baptism, Frederik and Mary could've attended the baptism service only and then flown back to Denmark. Also, Denmark and Norway are not that far away from each other; it is not like Frederik and Mary would have to fly to Norway from Australia.

Isn´t Sven´s new girlfriend invited?She was invited to their wedding in 2001 or did they broke up????Marit´s husband will be there..

Those photos are taken outside the Norwegian castle this morning! Isn't Inrid just the sweetest baby ever :p :rolleyes:

Originally posted by nicoline@Apr 17th, 2004 - 4:32 am
Those photos are taken outside the Norwegian castle this morning! Isn't Inrid just the sweetest baby ever :p :rolleyes:
in skaugum? :huh:

ingrid is very sweet this morning in her pink dress ;) however, mm's hat doesn't suit her... she was great with the one that victoria beckham also chose, but now she seems she liked those ones and she wears them in all the christenings. i would prefer a simple light blue hat matching with her coat (is it a coat or a dress?).

are there more photos of the christening?

Originally posted by liv@Apr 17th, 2004 - 6:02 am
Ingrid Alexandra

cute
This photo is very cute indeed. She is adorable.

Marius doesn´t look happy today... and have you seen Maud Angelica in the church (in the live-stream they showed her a lot)...so cute

German TV just claimed, that Mette-Marit´s father had to eat breakfast alone, and then, when he wanted to go in the church, the police asked him not to go on the red carpet, but to go in the church via a side entrance. Is this true? And when yes, is this, because Sven O. doesn´t get along with the Royal family, or did the other members of MM´s family (except her mother) go in the church via the side entrance too??

Originally posted by Lena@Apr 17th, 2004 - 6:40 am
German TV just claimed, that Mette-Marit´s father had to eat breakfast alone, and then, when he wanted to go in the church, the police asked him not to go on the red carpet, but to go in the church via a side entrance.
a non 'regal' and quite unpolite attitude of the police (or nowray's rf, i don't know who made de decision...) if that's true.

in Bunte.de

Am Samstagmittag war es so weit: Unter lautem Babygeschrei wurde in der Osloer Schlosskappelle die norwegische Kronprinzessin Ingrid Alexandra getauft. Rund 267 Gäste wohnten der Taufzeremonie bei. Darunter Schwedens Kronprinzessin Victoria (26) als Patentante und Norwegens König Harald V. als Patenonkel und gleichzeitig Großvater des getauften Babys. Mama Mette-Marit (30) bemühte sich vergeblich, ihren lautstarken Täufling zu beruhigen. Sohn Marius (7), den die Prinzessin aus ihrer nichtehelichen Beziehung in die Königisfamilie einbrachte, war das Geschrei seiner Schwester zu viel: Er hielt sich einfach die Ohren zu. Klicken Sie sich durch die Foto-Show!

Taufe in einem 101 Jahre alten Gewand
Besonders laut schrie die drei Monate alte Ingrid Alexandra, als der Osloer Bischof Gunnar Stålsett sie über dem Taufbecken mit Wasser betupfte. Ruhiger wurde es erst, als Kronprinz Haakon (30) seine Tochter übernahm. Um seine Uniform vor den Tränen zu schützen, musste der glückliche Papa ein Handtuch auf die rechte Schulter legen. Dagegen ist das 101 Jahre alte traditionelle Taufgewand an Baby-Tränen gewöhnt: Schon Ingrid Alexandras Urgroßvater König Olav V. war Anfang des 20. Jahrhunderts darin getauft worden. Als Bischof Gunnar Stålsett zum Abschluss der Zeremonie seinen Segen sprach, stellte Norwegens beliebtestes Baby dann das Schreien ein.

Taufpatin ohne blaues Blut
Die interessanteste der sechs Taufpaten war zugleich die einzige ohne blaues Blut: Marit Tjessem, die Mutter von Mette-Marit, wurde als Nicht-Adelige zur Taufzeugin der künftigen Thronanwärterin gewählt, was in der royalen Welt als einzigartig gilt. Sie teilt die Ehre mit König Harald, der nach fünfmonatiger Krankheitspause gerade rechtzeitig wieder genesen ist, um der Taufe seiner Enkelin beiwohnen zu können.

Europäischer Hochadel im Stress

Kronprinz Felipe von Spanien und Letizia Ortiz (Foto: dpa)
Ebenfalls zum Kreis der Paten zählte Haakons Schwester, Prinzessin Märtha Louise, sowie drei der bekanntesten Namen im europäischen Hochadel. Spaniens Kronprinz Felipe, sein dänischer Kollege Frederik, die beide im Mai mit ihren Hochzeiten selbst im Mittelpunkt royalen Glanzes stehen werden, und Schwedens heftig umschwärmte Thronfolgerin Victoria. Frederik von Dänemark nahm allerdings nicht an den Feierlichkeiten teil, sondern kommt seinen Patenpflichten aus der Distanz nach. Wegen der Vorbereitungen auf seine Hochzeit am 14. Mai seien er und seine Braut Mary Donaldson unabkömmlich, teilte der Kopenhagener Hof mit. Auch Felipe von Spanien war nicht in Oslo. Er habe ebenfalls zu viel mit der Hochzeitsplanung zu tun, gab der Hof in Madrid bekannt.

Viel Stress in den vergangenen Monaten
Monarchie-Experten verurteilten diese Absagen als Stilbruch. Prinz Haakon und Mette-Marit sehen das eher gelassen. Die vergangenen drei Monate waren für das junge Glück eine ganz besondere Prüfung. Ein Baby, ein prügelnder Bruder, ein Skandal wegen verfälschter Fotos und ein kranker König. Seit Ende November hatte Haakon als Reserveregent einspringen müssen, da sein Vater wegen Harnblasenkrebs operiert wurde und anschließend rekonvaleszent war. Doch seit Osterdienstag ist König Harald wieder im Dienst, und Haakon kann sich nach der Taufe endlich aufs Wickeln und Füttern der kleinen Ingrid Alexandra konzentrieren.

Ok, is it just me or is Pia Haraldson's outfit ENTIRELY inappropriate for a royal christening?!!?!? ouch!
:woot:

Originally posted by holly*anja@Apr 17th, 2004 - 3:21 pm
Ok, is it just me or is Pia Haraldson's outfit ENTIRELY inappropriate for a royal christening?!!?!? ouch!
:woot:
I agree...my first thought was "Oh, also Paris Hilton is attending" :p ;)

Back to Sven O. ...shouldn´t he be in this picture offical family picture ??? I wonder, why he was invited...it seems as if they (MM, Haakon, the court???) didn´t really want to invite him, but for some reason they did...

No, it´s not just you. It´s not only inappropriate for a royal christening. Your shoulders should be covered and I don´t think it was that warm in Norway...

Back
Top Bottom