Ingrid Alexandra ,Sverre Magnus and Marius: discussion 2006 - 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The spitting image of her parents!

Extremely beautiful… I can't help remembering how long it took for her to grow hair ! I remember someone in a forum asking " how will she manage with a tiara ?" LOL !

She's growing into such a beautiful young woman! I can't believe that she's already 15. She was just a toddler when I started following European royals. I think she is really a great mix of both her parents.

My lord, she has turned into a beautiful young woman!

The future Queen Regents of continental Europe are going to be absolute heart-breakers!

Lovely photos. Very beautiful young lady, like the other future queens :flowers:

I must admit as pretty as the photos are, I wish they hadn't all been head shots. With kids and teenagers as well, I always like some kind of full photo, get more personality. But guess being picky, happy for the lovely photos.

Extremely beautiful… I can't help remembering how long it took for her to grow hair ! I remember someone in a forum asking " how will she manage with a tiara ?" LOL !

I remember it took forever for her hair to grow! I also remember thinking she was a cute toddler and small child but not as attractive as either of her brothers or some of the other royal children in that age group. And now here she is, a ton of tiara-ready hair, and, IMO, the best looking of her siblings and of that generation of young royals.

I hope she had a fun birthday with all her family and friends!

Well, no one can seriously claim that Ingrid is a foundling, left in a basket outside the palace gate! There is no question as to who her parents are. ?

I didn't consider that Amalia of course must speak at least some Spanish.

I guess you are right, there is little chance of seeing the teenage heirs together at this confirmation. But later...
Say in a couple of years when they are all in their mid to late teens. Then I can imagine all or some of them doing something together. Some charity or the environment, something pretty safe, they can put focus on and promote a solution to or create awareness about. Say, eating healthier and do more exercise - something many teenagers could need to do...
Not only would it appeal to teenagers in a way their parents can't, it would also provide some good PR for the heirs and just as importantly, it would be good practice. Most of them seem confident enough to handle the press and the attention on their own. And those who are a little shy and nervous will find support in the other heirs.
Another thing is that it will help to create a working network among the heirs, after all their jobs are pretty unique!

Great pictures, where has the time gone too !

Her smile is exactly like her aunt, Martha-Louise to me. Beautiful young lady.

Thanks Lyonnaise & eya! :flowers:

Well, as with other members of The Royal House (I.e. The King, Queen, Crown Prince and Crown Princess), Ingrid's birthday is an official flag day and will (from she is 18, Age of majority) be marked by a 21-gun salute around the country.

She will (according to TV2's Royal Expert, Kjell Arne Totland) also be celebrated with a private dinner for family and friends at Skaugum this evening, attended by The Regent-Couple.

--------------------

And as one can see from the photos, The Princess is again wearing her diamond-heart (with a red ruby in it) in a short necklace of tiny natural-pearls. - A christening-gift from Queen Sonja, who used it herself during the 70s & 80s (even CP MM has been seen wearing it).
And yes, not surprisingly, this information is also from Totland. See more photos of it in this blog-post of his (link).

--------------------

BTW: Here is a photo-gallery from NRK with pictures from every year of Princess Ingrid's life (link).

Wow! IA is such a beautiful young lady and is the prettiest of the teenage heirs for me (though they are all lovely in their own ways, but IA particularly stands out IMO). She has Haakon's eyes but otherwise resembles MM more to me - she also reminds me of a young Alicia Vikander.

The new pictures are amazing. IA is such a beautiful young woman :flowers:.

I dont see any resemblence of Haakon in Sverre, but he reminds me A LOT of the late Kong Olav V.
IMO Ingrid looks ways more than her father than her brother does.

Agree with you, Tirilschatz! Magnus (nobody in the RF ever called him "Sverre"...!) looks much more like his mother than his father (although there are, of course, some Haakon features in his face, too).
Still, these glasses are really not made for him....:whistling::ermm:

Last edited:
Agree with you, Tirilschatz! Magnus (nobody in the RF ever called him "Sverre"...!) looks much more like his mother than his father (although there are, of course, some Haakon features in his face, too).
Still, these glasses are really not made for him....:whistling::ermm:
No, but the court refers to him as ''Sverre Magnus'' and thus also the media, hence why most of us use his first name. Something I will continue with until they tell us otherwise. ??

When will Princess Ingrid's Confirmation take place?

That's interesting!
Is it normal to change schools for the last year in Norway? It comes totally unexpected to me. What kind of school is Uranienborg - is it private like the last one? English or Norwegian-speaking?

According to this article Uranienborg is public: https://www.newsinenglish.no/2019/05/27/young-princess-returns-to-public-school/

I don't know about Norway but here in England it's not common, but obviously has been done. I almost changed schools in the last year (I would've been transferring from private to public like IA had I chosen to do so) due to bullying and poor teaching, though for practical reasons as it was my final school year, I decided to stay on. I know the family has received some criticism for sending IA to a private school, so perhaps the move is based on this.

That's quite strange indeed. What does the Norwegian press/people make of it? Will Sverre Magnus continue at the school they both attended?

thank you for the link, HereditaryPrincess :flowers: I like that it's a public school.

That's quite strange indeed. What does the Norwegian press/people make of it? Will Sverre Magnus continue at the school they both attended?

He didn't go zu the same school, he attends a Montessori school.

No, but the court refers to him as ''Sverre Magnus'' and thus also the media, hence why most of us use his first name. Something I will continue with until they tell us otherwise. ??

The court refers to Ingrid as "Ingrid Alexandra" although the RF always refers to her as just "Ingrid". Again, I´ve never ever heard either the parents nor the King and Queen in interviews ever refered to the Prince "Sverre" or "Sverre Magnus", it´s always Magnus.
It´s of course all right calling him Sverre Magnus for us who are no family members.
But just "Sverre" is a false thing to do.

Last edited:
According to this article Uranienborg is public: https://www.newsinenglish.no/2019/05/27/young-princess-returns-to-public-school/

I don't know about Norway but here in England it's not common, but obviously has been done. I almost changed schools in the last year (I would've been transferring from private to public like IA had I chosen to do so) due to bullying and poor teaching, though for practical reasons as it was my final school year, I decided to stay on. I know the family has received some criticism for sending IA to a private school, so perhaps the move is based on this.

So she’s got two more years of school left? If the school in Norway is a typical international school it will offer the IB for the last two years of high school, generally with IB prep of some sort the preceding year. If Ingrid knows she can’t or doesn’t want to do the IB for whatever reason it makes sense to change schools for the coming year. The only thing I would find odd was if the school offered the IB’s Middle Years Program and she left before completing the final year of that, just because the natural break point would be to finish the MYP then transfer out.

An answer to some of the questions here:

Well, let's translate what Assistant Communications Manager at the court, Sven Gjeruldsen, said to TV2 and NRK:
(He spoke to VG too BTW, where he said much of the same.)

TV2:
''Oslo Internasjonale skole følger en internasjonal læreplan, og derfor har elevene ungdomsskole fra 7. til 10. trinn, og ikke 8. til 10. som i offentlig skole.
Det trinnet som prinsessen startet på er ferdig. Nå har hun ett år igjen på ungdomsskolen, og det tar hun på Uranienborg skole.''

Translated to: ''Oslo International School follows an international curriculum, and therefore the students have *Lower secondary school* from Grades 7-10, and not 8-10 as in public school.
The Grades which The Princess started on is finished. Now she has one year left at *Lower secondary school* (if we count after the Norwegian public version, he mean), and that she takes at Uranienborg.''
(From me: Be also aware that the pupils start one year earlier than what they do in the Norwegian school, i.e at the age of 5, not 6.)

NRK:
Q. Hvorfor skal prinsessen over i offentlig skole i stedet for å fortsette i Upper secondary på Oslo internasjonale skole?
Why is the Princess going over to public school instead of continuing at Upper secondary at Oslo International School?

A. ''Prinsessen har hatt stort utbytte av å gå på en engelskspråklig skole. Det var naturlig å slutte på Oslo Internasjonale skole nå, fordi Prinsessen er ferdig med det trinnet hun startet på. Prinsessen har fremdeles ett år igjen på norsk ungdomsskole, og ønsker å gå det siste året på Uranienborg skole.''
''The Princess has benefited greatly from attending an English-language school. It was natural to stop at Oslo International School now, because the Princess has finished the Grades she started on. The Princess still has one year left at the Norwegian *Lower secondary school,* and wants to go the last year at Uranienborg.''

Q. Hvorfor falt valget på Uranienborg skole?
Why did the choose fell on Uranienborg school?

A. ''Valget falt på Uranienborg skole ut fra en helhetsvurdering. Kronprinsfamilien ønsket plass på en osloskole. Uranienborg skole ligger rett i nærheten av Slottet, og skolen hadde ledig plass.''
''The choice fell on Uranienborg school based on an overall assessment. The CP-Family wanted a place at an Oslo school. Uranienborg School is located close to The Palace, and the school had vacant space.''

He also said it was too early to say anything about which *Upper secondary school* (high school) The Princess is going to start on in 2020.

From me: Hmm, what he seems to be saying is that it's quite ''natural'' for The Princess (which it obviously is) to take one year at the Norwegian public version of *Lower secondary school* (from 2019-2020) instead of starting at *Upper secondary* at Oslo International School for so dropping out after the first year to start at the public version in the autumn of 2020.

Why is it more ''natural''? Because, as TV2's Royal Expert, Kjell Arne Totland said it, it will most likely make the transition to *Upper secondary school* ''lettere og smidigere'' (easier and smoother).

But couldn't she just have taken the whole Upper secondary thing at Oslo International School? No, she was never going to do that.
Why? Because as Norway's future monarch, she is expected to have gone through a proper education in Norwegian and ''New Norwegian.'' - A written form of the Norwegian language, used by around 10% of the population.

What does the Norwegian press/people make of it?
Well, although it was widely covered on May 27th, I haven't seen ''one'' opinion piece or poll on it.
But, considering that The CP-Couple were heavily criticised by the media, various so-called experts, and several MPs responsible for royal matters in the Storting when they took the children out of the public school in 2014, I think most people are pretty happy about it. So, IMO, a good PR move. Especially now that the monarchy has been up for debate, due to the Märtha stuff.

And to you who wondered about Sverre Magnus, yes, he will (according to the court) continue at the Montessori school.

--------------------

The court refers to Ingrid as "Ingrid Alexandra" although the RF always refers to her as just "Ingrid". Again, I´ve never ever heard either the parents nor the King and Queen in interviews ever refered to the Prince "Sverre" or "Sverre Magnus", it´s always Magnus.
It´s of course all right calling him Sverre Magnus for us who are no family members.
But just "Sverre" is a false thing to do.
Well, I won't go into an argument about names. - But again, as long as the court refers to him as ''Sverre Magnus'' (and thus also the media), I will in some instances continue to use/write ''Sverre.'' - Why?
1. It's his first name.
2. It's easier to write/say than using both his names.
3. Almost no one knows who I mean if I just write/say ''Magnus.''

And taking these facts into consideration, no it's not ''false!'' ??

Last edited:
So, trying to understand what your saying about the international vs the Norwegian curriculum: Ingrid-Alexandra is now repeating grade 10 as she finished grade 10 at the international school but will take another year at lower secondary education (which runs from 8-10)?

:previous: She is going the last Lower secondary year at Oslo International School now (2018-2019) and will start at the last one at The Norwegian public school (2019-2020) in August this autumn, before starting at Upper secondary (high-school) in the autumn of 2020.
To those who wonder why, read my previous post.

:previous: She is going the last Lower secondary year at Oslo International School now (2018-2019) and will start at the last one at The Norwegian public school (2019-2020) in August this autumn, before starting at Upper secondary (high-school) in the autumn of 2020.
To those who wonder why, read my previous post.

If I understood your post correctly, she will basically repeat Grade 10 in a Norwegian public school just to "ease" her transition to a Norwegian upper secondary school in the following year. That doesn't look "natural" to me and seems to underestimate Ingrid-Alexandra's ability to adapt to a new school system.

Also, I think it would have made more sense to go to a Norwegian school for lower secondary school and then switch to an international school in upper secondary school (as Elisabeth of Belgium did for example moving from a Dutch-speaking Belgian school to an IB program in England in the last 2 years of secondary school). Obviously, her parents had a different opinion.

I as every other in her does't know about her marks (what I think is good), but what if she really had to do the 10th grad twice? Wouldnt be such a big thing, many pupils have to.

And what would she do if she didnt go to Uranienborg? Have a leap year That would be a bit early I guess.

If I understood your post correctly, she will basically repeat Grade 10 in a Norwegian public school just to "ease" her transition to a Norwegian upper secondary school in the following year. That doesn't look "natural" to me and seems to underestimate Ingrid-Alexandra's ability to adapt to a new school system.

Read this:
From me: Hmm, what he seems to be saying is that it's quite ''natural'' for The Princess (which it obviously is) to take one year at the Norwegian public version of *Lower secondary school* (from 2019-2020) instead of starting at *Upper secondary* at Oslo International School for so dropping out after the first year to start at the public version in the autumn of 2020.

Why is it more ''natural''? Because, as TV2's Royal Expert, Kjell Arne Totland said it, it will most likely make the transition to *Upper secondary school* ''lettere og smidigere'' (easier and smoother).

But couldn't she just have taken the whole Upper secondary thing at Oslo International School? No, she was never going to do that.
Why? Because as Norway's future monarch, she is expected to have gone through a proper education in Norwegian and ''New Norwegian.'' - A written form of the Norwegian language, used by around 10% of the population.

??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom