Ingrid Alexandra ,Sverre Magnus and Marius: discussion 2006 - 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous:what a very nice tradition.

Ingrid-Alexandra looks lovely

It is a privilege to learn that such a bond can be made between Oslo and London by a Christmas tree being sent. :xmastree:

If the tree from Norway to London is on it's way, then it's almost time for the annual Tree from the People of Halifax to the People of Boston to be on it's way too.

On December 7th, 1917 two ships collided in Halifax Harbour, the Mont Blanc not only was a Munitions Ship, but she was also overloaded and not flying the flag to let everyone know she was carrying Munitions. When the Captain of the Imo decided to pull away after the accident, because he didn't know what the cargo of the other vessel was, sparks flew from the friction created of the two ships moving, a fire broke out and about twenty minutes later....

It was the largest Man made explosion in History until the two Atomic Bombs dropped on Japan in the latter stages of WWII.

Halifax was basically levelled and if things weren't already desperate, a blizzard hit the area later that night. Relief Trains from Toronto and Montreal were either derailed or unable to continue due to the Storm. One part of the Maritimes not affected was the route from Boston to Halifax, those Relief Trains did get through and if it hadn't been for the Supplies and Personnel they brought in, so many more would have died.

Ever since, The Christmas Tree in Boston Common has been the gift of Halifax in thanks for that help. It's also a very great honour in Nova Scotia to have a tree from their Property chosen to be The Tree.

A few years ago the CBC made an excellent two part Mini Series movie called Shattered City : The Halifax Explosion and it's up over at YouTube if anyone's interested. Do be aware there are some very graphic moments of the aftermath of an event such as this, as well as just what a Solider w/PTSD deals w/on a daily basis. Just putting that out so no one's blindsided by that.

That's a gorgeous tree that will be going up in London in a week or so and Princess Ingrid and her friends looked like they were having a wonderful time today. :D

Tiggersk8, Thank you for the information about the giving of the Christmas Tree to the People of Boston.
It is enjoyable to learn that the Christmas holidays turn out not just successfully but with joyous success.

Her Royal Highness Princess Ingrid Alexandra will light the flame at the opening ceremony of Youth Olympics in Lillehammer, just as her father did in 1994.
kongehuset.no - Prinsessen tenner OL-ilden

The opening ceremony of the Youth Olympic Games will take place on February 12 in Lysgårdsbakkene in Lillehammer, exactly 22 years after the Olympic Flame was lit last in Norway in the same place.

Princess Ingrid Alexandra will be the last that welcomes Olympic Flame after it has traveled from Greece and throughout the country in advance of the Games. The princess will then ignite the same Olympic torch as her father, His Royal Highness Crown Prince Haakon, made in 1994.

picture of Haakon in 1994
https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/h...35/10954784_1681041898799269_1781028137_n.jpg
http://img.deseretnews.com/images/article/mcontentimage/1295195/1295195.jpg

How exciting for Ingrid-Alexandra :flowers:

Her Royal Highness Princess Ingrid Alexandra will light the flame at the opening ceremony of Youth Olympics in Lillehammer, just as her father did in 1994.
kongehuset.no - Prinsessen tenner OL-ilden

The opening ceremony of the Youth Olympic Games will take place on February 12 in Lysgårdsbakkene in Lillehammer, exactly 22 years after the Olympic Flame was lit last in Norway in the same place.

Princess Ingrid Alexandra will be the last that welcomes Olympic Flame after it has traveled from Greece and throughout the country in advance of the Games. The princess will then ignite the same Olympic torch as her father, His Royal Highness Crown Prince Haakon, made in 1994.

picture of Haakon in 1994
https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/h...35/10954784_1681041898799269_1781028137_n.jpg
http://img.deseretnews.com/images/article/mcontentimage/1295195/1295195.jpg

How exciting for Ingrid-Alexandra :flowers:

Yes, this is very exciting! This will (as the palace says) be her first international engagement.

She is a very cute girl and looks very much like her mother.

IMO the only "child" of the CPss who looks "very much" like her is her eldest son, Marius. I think both Ingrid and Magnus resemble in most parts their father (The main aspect Magnus resemble his mother os his blonde hair...).

I agree that Marius does look VERY much like his mother but IMO, that does not negate Ingrid's resemblance, just my opinion of course.

In my opinion, just because Ingrid Alexandra has her father eye and hair color, it doesn't mean she has his facial features, to me she looks like MM, she has a round face, small lips and her eye shape is just like MM.

It's cute that Ingrid Alexandra has so many freckles now. The other princess I think of with freckles is Alexia. It's so cute, but I think Alexia has more freckles.

In my opinion, just because Ingrid Alexandra has her father eye and hair color, it doesn't mean she has his facial features, to me she looks like MM, she has a round face, small lips and her eye shape is just like MM.

It's cute that Ingrid Alexandra has so many freckles now. The other princess I think of with freckles is Alexia. It's so cute, but I think Alexia has more freckles.

Well, IMO especially her mouth, besides from her eyes, look very much like Haakon´s...;)

Marius is his mother's son for sure, IA looks most like Haakon to me with a few of her mother's features. Sverre Magnus (IMO) looks like more like his grandfather, the King.

I see Sverre to resemble his grandmother the Queen quite bit facially, Obviously he and Marius have their mother's white blonde hair colour.
Ingrid is growing up and gone are the young girl looks she is fast becoming the teenager

Its amazing to realize the little heiresses aren't so little any more. IA is 12, she will be a teen next year. Elisabeth is almost 15 (a few more years she will be tiara and events ready). CA will be 13 this year. Leonor at almost 11 and of course Estelle are younger, but Leonor is not too far off.

Last edited:
Its amazing to realize the little heiresses aren't so little any more. IA is 12, she will be a teen next year. Elisabeth is almost 15 (a few more years she will be tiara and events ready). CA will be 13 this year. Leonor at almost 10 and of course Estelle are younger, but Leonor is not too far off.

Both Leonor and Christian will turn 11 in October of this year.

It is exciting to see these young royals grow.

It`s a shame that they don`t get to meet each other very often.

Which Protestant dynast of similar age could Ingrid Alexandra marry ? Maybe Prince Felix of Denmark (now age 14) ? Or Count Claus-Casimir of Orange-Nassau van Amsberg (now 12 and a monarch's grandson in male line , though not a prince properly ) ?

I guess we can only hope. As the norm goes these days, IA will probably end up marrying her snowboard instructor anyway.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom