The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-22-2010, 10:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

When will Princess Ingrid become Crown Princess Ingrid?
I'm not sure how that works.

Old 06-22-2010, 11:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
When will Princess Ingrid become Crown Princess Ingrid?
I'm not sure how that works.
When she becomes first in line to the throne. It could be when the King dies and Haakon ascends the throne or if Haakon dies and it skips a generation as it did in Sweden.

Old 06-25-2010, 01:23 AM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

I hope that her Grandpa could be Norwege King for years! He is very lively an intelligent. He'll be sitting in the throne a longtime yet, I think. And I don't wish that Crownprince Haakon would die. So, Princess Ingrid Alexandra must have to waii just a little to vecome the Queen!

Vanesa.
Old 06-25-2010, 08:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thanks for the info grevinnan.
Old 07-30-2010, 12:34 AM
Serene Highness

I know this is way into the future but what would be the titles of Sverre Magnus's children? Assuming they follow the system as it is, Ingrid's would be Princes/Princesses; the first child would be HRH and the other children would be HH. Would Sverre's children be royal or would they have a surname? I guess it's something they'll sort out in 25-30 years but I just wondered what people think.
Old 01-10-2011, 05:16 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

2 pictures of Sverre Magnus taken last year, in January 2010:
http://www.kongehuset.no/aim/kongehu...=800%3Ex600%3E
http://www.kongehuset.no/aim/kongehu...=800%3Ex600%3E
What a cutie.

Old 01-10-2011, 05:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

He look's so much like Mette-Marit in that first photo!

If nothing changes, then Sverre's children will not have royal title. What might happen is that after Haakon becomes King, Sverre might be elevated to an HRH and they might follow the Danish system and Sverre's children be HH. But I dont see that happening. I see Sverre staying HH and his children not having titles. They want to keep the monarch small.
Old 01-11-2011, 03:42 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princejohnny25 View Post
He look's so much like Mette-Marit in that first photo!

If nothing changes, then Sverre's children will not have royal title. What might happen is that after Haakon becomes King, Sverre might be elevated to an HRH and they might follow the Danish system and Sverre's children be HH. But I dont see that happening. I see Sverre staying HH and his children not having titles. They want to keep the monarch small.
So his children will be Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderberg-Gluckburg? They'll probably find a shorter version.
Old 01-11-2011, 05:15 AM
Royal Highness

Ingrid Alexandra is in my opinion one of the prettiest princesses and her brothers Marius and Sverre are soooooooooooo Handsome. Little Sverre looks a lot like his Mum.
Old 01-14-2011, 05:37 AM
Aristocracy

I just read somewhere online that the name Ingrid is pronouced Ing-ree in Norway. I was just wondering if this is true or not.
Old 07-24-2011, 02:15 AM
Heir Apparent

I wonder if Marius calls Sonja and Harald by their names or,sir or ma'am.I think calling them the latter would be too formal.
Old 07-24-2011, 03:49 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
I wonder if Marius calls Sonja and Harald by their names or,sir or ma'am.I think calling them the latter would be too formal.
I read that he calls them "beste Harald" and "beste Sonja", as the Norwegian word for Grandfather is "bestefar" and for Grandmother "bestemor", so he calls them something in between

Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 07-30-2011, 11:31 PM

marius seems to be a really sweet and kind boy
Old 07-31-2011, 02:06 AM
Serene Highness

I wonder, that we don't hear very much about the kids. What do they like make in their freetime, what is with their learning, are they good in the school? Do they go to a playground or only to a walk in the city in the weekend? I know, that MM want, that the kids live without publicity, but we don't see pictures about them, only when the crownpincecouple has such an event, where the kids are there too.
Old 08-03-2011, 05:54 PM
Royal Highness

^they are children, they dont need the spotlight yet, its the same with the Infantas Leonor and Sofia of Spain, because people rarely sees them and want to see them more often (including me). but as children, they need to focus on their childhood plays and innocent happiness.
Dont worry, there will be a time, when we will see so many pics of them and so many info that we all gonna be pleased, we just have to be paciente and let the time goes, until they are grown-ups^^ especially Ingrid, since she will carry the Norwegian royal family blood-line and as future Queen, we are going to follow her steps forever eheh^^
Old 09-09-2011, 09:35 PM
Gentry

does anyone know the realtionship marius has with the royal family like haakon
Old 09-09-2011, 09:43 PM
Serene Highness

Everything I have read or seen, Marius seems to have a great relationship with the Royal Family, especially Haakon. They act just like a normal family. I loved the picture from the celebration of M-M and HM anniversary, Marius looks natural and happy, talking with Princess Victoria, PMartha-Louise and the King. I think to him, they are just his family, which they have been for the last 10 years, he was only 3 when they got married, so it is the only life he knows. I think M-M and HM should be commended for the way they have blended the family, IMHO
Old 09-29-2011, 01:28 PM
Aristocracy

I apologize if this is not the correct thread to post this is.

There’s a neat video of Princess Ingrid Alexandra, Prince Sverre Magnus and Marius at NRK. There is a project to study bats and learn more about them and around Asker where the Crown Prince family live there are a lot of different types of bats. So the people behind the project has gotten permission to put up some nest boxes in the trees at the Skaugum residence and the children got to help and greet some bats. Here is the link: NRK Super | Supernytt

The children are told the name of some of bats and where in the country they are from, and the Princess laughs of the name “Lille trille”. She says it tickles when she holds them, but that it feels good to pet them. At the she says she will try to see them as often as she can, but when asked if she thinks bats will settle down there she is uncertain.
Old 09-29-2011, 02:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thanks so much, vestfoldlilja!! I love Ingrid's giggles and you can see that she and Marius get along very well. Sverre Magnus doesn't look to convinced with the bats.
kongehuset.no - Flaggermus på Skaugum
Google Translation

article with pictures
http://www.zoologi.no/flmus/flm_mottak.htm
Google Translation
Old 10-01-2011, 05:32 AM
Royal Highness

How cute to see all three kids getting a much closer look at bats. Marius and Ingrid were fine holding them. Little Sverre a little more cautious. Great pictures. I love those kids.