The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-12-2018, 06:06 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I was confirmed into the Church of England when I was thirteen. At my church, at the time of my confirmation, the godparents were interestingly not in attendance so none of my godparents were present - including my godfather who is a member of the clergy (at a different church though). My confirmation ceremony was quite informal and was more for the congregation and the parents of those being confirmed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROYAL NORWAY View Post
Well, we've only had two in the history of television.

Haakon's:
The service in the Palace Chapel: Televised.
The white-tie gala dinner hosted by King Olav V at the palace: Televised.

Märtha's:
The service in Asker church: Not televised.
The white-tie gala dinner hosted by King Olav V at the palace: NRK was allowed to film the royal procession.
Thank you ROYAL NORWAY I think it seems that we can expect Ingrid Alexandra's confirmation to be televised, as it seems that Haakon had his televised since he was the heir as Martha Louise did not. I'm guessing that Sverre Magnus's confirmation won't be televised if they're following that pattern.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 09-13-2018, 05:32 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
Thank you ROYAL NORWAY I think it seems that we can expect Ingrid Alexandra's confirmation to be televised, as it seems that Haakon had his televised since he was the heir as Martha Louise did not. I'm guessing that Sverre Magnus's confirmation won't be televised if they're following that pattern.
You're very welcome!

Agree! - He will most likely be confirmated (or confirmed, which seems to be the right word) in a non-televised ceremony at Asker Church.

BTW: Here are some photos from Märtha's confirmation in 1986.

Old 09-13-2018, 05:53 AM
Super Moderator

If Ingrid is uncomfortable with a live televised Ceremony they could still have her confirmation at the Palace Church and perhaps allow somer Camera for filming but not broadcast the entire Ceremony live. Lerts hope they will continue to have a Gala Dinner in the afternoion and also that this time all her royal godparents take the time to attend. Not liker at her christening where neither Frederik nor Felipe attended.

Old 11-02-2018, 07:56 AM
Imperial Majesty

Princess Ingrid Alexandra will be the godmother when Norway's new research vessel, the icebreaker, "Crown Prince Haakon", is being christened in Tromso on 17 November.

https://www.cdn.tv2.no/images?imageI...compression=75

https://www.tv2.no/nyheter/10186878/
Old 12-03-2018, 05:19 AM
Imperial Majesty

A new picture of Prince Sverre Magnus for the occasion of his 13th Birthday today!

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bq6zAzBHYU7/
Old 12-03-2018, 05:24 AM
Administrator

This wonderful photo of brother and sister seems to have been taken during the same photo session, though the little pin/button is missing.
Old 12-03-2018, 06:11 AM
Moderator Emeritus
Royal Blogger

HQ versions of both pictures can be found in the press section of the official website.

https://www.kongehuset.no/fotoalbum_...ategori=113149
Old 12-03-2018, 06:43 AM
Heir Presumptive

Great pics! Ingrid Alexandra is soooo beautiful! She looks a lot like her grandmother Queen Sonja on that picture with her brother.
Old 12-03-2018, 06:45 AM
Imperial Majesty

Well, Haakon sure can't talk his way out of being dad to Sverre Magnus!
Old 12-03-2018, 02:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks eya, iceflower & Princess Robijn!

According to TV2's royal exert Kjell Arne Totland, there will be a birthday-party this evening (probably at Skaugum - the CP-Family's residence), where the Regent-Couple will be present.
But as most of you know, the prince is not a member of The Royal House (hence no Royal Highness-title), which means that his birthday is not an official flag day and that there will be no 21-gun salute.

The photos: Well, he is looking great with his glasses (very intellectual, I think).
BTW: The photos were taken by Julia Naglestad (an Oslo-based photographer, who's also been used by various media-outlets here).

--------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Well, Haakon sure can't talk his way out of being dad to Sverre Magnus!
The resemblance is almost scary, but in a good way of course.
Old 12-03-2018, 02:44 PM
Aristocracy

I dont see any resemblence of Haakon in Sverre, but he reminds me A LOT of the late Kong Olav V.
IMO Ingrid looks ways more than her father than her brother does.
Old 12-03-2018, 02:55 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirilschatz View Post
I dont see any resemblence of Haakon in Sverre, but he reminds me A LOT of the late Kong Olav V.
IMO Ingrid looks ways more than her father than her brother does.

I agree he does look like king Olav V

Ingrid I think is such a mixer of both of her parents
Old 12-03-2018, 03:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes, he has always looked like King Olav, I think.

But as my better-half said to me this morning, in today's birthday-photos: ''Give him some darker hair and brown eyes - and see him before you?'' Well, I saw Haakon.

My father, however, agrees with Tirilschatz! - Because he sees no resemblance of Haakon in Sverre, either.
Old 12-03-2018, 04:35 PM
Serene Highness

I see some resemblance to Haakon in Sverre Magnus but he really resembles King Harald, as well.
Ingrid is a true mix of both parents and is gorgeous.
Old 12-03-2018, 04:48 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I can't believe Sverre Magnus is thirteen already - time sure does fly! I think his resemblance are definitely leaning more towards Haakon and his side of the family, whereas IA is a mixture, with more of a resemblance to MM, IMO. She looks more like Haakon around the eyes but the rest of her, especially around the jawline and mouth, is all MM to me.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 12-07-2018, 04:07 PM
Administrator

A couple of posts have been moved to the following thread:

** Marius Borg Hoiby - Discussions **
Old 12-29-2018, 02:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Well, as you know, the NRF LOVES to celebrate milestones. - And after 3 years of large-scale celebrations, there will be another one in 2019.
Because, according to two serious/reliable royal commentators, the court has started to plan Ingrid's confirmation, which will take place either in May or October nest year.

But how will it be done:
1. Will she be confirmated alone in a televised service in The Palace Chapel with foreign royal guests - and a white-tie gala dinner in the evening, which was the case with Haakon in 1988.
2. Will it happen in a private ceremony, which may take place in Asker Church (close to Skaugum), where Märtha & Marius were confirmated.
If that's done, it will probably be to shield the princess from the media, and to allow her to be confimated with some of her friends.
3. Or maybe they will go for something in the middle.

Perhaps someone here has some thoughts about it?

I (for one) have not reflected about it yet.

But remember, all the traditions from Haakon's Christening in 1973 were followed for Ingrid's in 2004. - So there is reason to believe that something similar would be done in this case as well.
The court has now confirmed to NTB (The Norwegian News Agency) that the confirmation will take place in the autumn 2019, no more information was given.

BTW: You can read whom her foreign godparents are (who will hopefully take the time to attend), a bit about the confirmations of CP Haakon and Märtha - and what TV2's serous/reliable Royal Expert, Kjell Arne Totland, has said about next year's plans in post 260.
Old 12-29-2018, 02:50 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

I must have missed the birthday photo of Prince Sverre Magnus when it was posted and I too cannot get over how mature looking he has gotten!
Old 01-10-2019, 02:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
The court has now confirmed to NTB (The Norwegian News Agency) that the confirmation will take place in the autumn 2019, no more information was given.

BTW: You can read whom her foreign godparents are (who will hopefully take the time to attend), a bit about the confirmations of CP Haakon and Märtha - and what TV2's serous/reliable Royal Expert, Kjell Arne Totland, has said about next year's plans in post 260.
I wouldn't be surprised it this turns out to be a big event. Ingrid Alexandra seems to be able to handle it and the NRF likes to make a clear distinction between the heirs and the others, so why not? And in that way two of her godparents who didn't attend her christening (Frederik & Felipe) can attend an official religious celebration in the life of their goddaughter...
Old 01-11-2019, 05:56 PM
Majesty

It seems as if Confirmation is a very important milestone in Norway. Seeing photos of (what I imagine was her first) gala dress meant it was marked in an extremely memorable way.

Could someone tell me if that is, in fact, the way it is done in Norway as a whole or merely for the royal family?