Prince Haakon's Current Events Part 1: September 2003 - October 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Haakon at the World Environment Day 2007

Sunday Crown Prince Haakon was present for the first events to mark the Un Environment day in Tromsø, Desmaond Tutu was also amongst the participants
World Environment Day 2007 - UNEP
Haakon attended an ecumenical church service, an art exhibition and met with the ministers respectivly of forreign aid/devellopment and environment

World Environment Day, commemorated each year on 5 June, is one of the principal vehicles through which the United Nations stimulates worldwide awareness of the environment and enhances political attention and action.

The World Environment Day slogan selected for 2007 is Melting Ice – a Hot Topic? In support of International Polar Year, the WED theme selected for 2007 focuses on the effects that climate change is having on polar ecosystems and communities, and the ensuing consequences around the world.

The main international celebrations of the World Environment Day 2007 will be held in Norway. UNEP is honoured that the City of Tromsø will be hosting this United Nations day
- I’m concerned about the environment but I think it is a difficult and complex subject.
He is especially interested in learning more about the consequences of the climate changes and esp. how it affects the poor part of the world
- Now it is like that, that no matter were you let the greenhouse gasses like CO2 it affects the environment everywhere. The Paradox is that negative consequences are not equally shared, and it is those with the least means who suffer the most.
- It challenges is as people because the differences increases and the negative climatic changes escalate
- It is still possible to do something about this. I believe that the people want to handle this challenge and manage to do something about these climatic changes. Everyone can contribute
He admits that the couple is in a process of increasing the environmental profile of Skaugum both in concerns to saving energy and the use of cars
- But I’m the first to admit that we can do more. We are not good enough just yet. The Crown Princess is very concerned that we will have to get more focus on this and then I believe we will get better soon
- The Climate Questions are very interesting. I look forward to learning more about how the ocean currents and their effects are progressing, it is one of the ”unknown” factors that we don’t know so much about yet

Article and pic
Starter miljøkamp på Skaugum - Kongehuset - NRK Nyheter

Picture special from the church service with Desmond Tutu
Miljøgudstjeneste i Tromsø - nordlys.no

Picture special from Tromsø museum
Kronprinsen på Tromsø Museum - nordlys.no

Tomorrow Mette-Marit will open the related exhibition Melting Ice - A Hot topic in Oslo where queen Sonja is one of the artists, she is exhibitting two pictures, one fram Svalbard and one from Antartica

Larzen said:
He admits that the couple is in a process of increasing the environmental profile of Skaugum both in concerns to saving energy and the use of cars
- But I’m the first to admit that we can do more. We are not good enough just yet. The Crown Princess is very concerned that we will have to get more focus on this and then I believe we will get better soon
Interesting how "The Crown Princess is very concerned" was followed with - this means we will get better soon... :lol:

I live in Tromsø now - and I was present during the concert, the church service and the lecture. The whole event was a tremendous success, and many of my friends (myself included) think this was a eye opener. I think it's great that Royals and for many of us, role models, engage themselves in this fight.

Haakon in Trondheim - September 2007

Crown Prince Haakon has been in Trondheim the last two days

24. september
The Crown Prince attends the opening of the annual meeting of the International Association of Judges, Trondheim (09:00)
The meeting is held in a different country each year, this ear in Norway, arranged by the Norwegian association of judges
Kronprinsen i Trondheim - NRK Trøndelag - NRK Nyheter
Kronprinsen har landet
IAJ-UIM: International Association of Judges

24. september
The Crown Prince visits The Foundation for Scientific and Industrial Research (SINTEF) in Trondheim (13:45).
Haakon had asked to visit SINTEF during his visit to Trodnehim and get infromed on how far the Norwegian research environment has come on CO2 management, Solar- and wind power. He also visited the facilities for marine technology research
Kronprinsen roste Sintef

24 september
The Crown Prince attends the anniversary dinner of the International Association of Judges, Trondheim (20:10)

25 september
The Crown Prince attends the conference Food and trade - a conference on sustainable development and solidarity - in Trondheim (09:55).
the conference is arranged by the bishop of Nidaros and the County Governors of Nord Trøndelag and Sør Trøndelag, it is the third tiem theese three arranges a conference on the relationship between trade, food and nature conservation
Mat og etikk for kronprinsen

Did he stay in Trondheim too? If so, in a hotel or do they have a place to stay (the place where Martha-Louise held her wedding party maybe)?

Did he stay in Trondheim too? If so, in a hotel or do they have a place to stay (the place where Martha-Louise held her wedding party maybe)?

The royals usually stay at Stiftsgården (the place where Märtha Louise's wedding reception took place) as it is the royal residence in Trondheim. :flowers: It's a mustard-yellow:ermm: wooden palace that is quite impressive in size for a building made from wood.

To read more of the history of the building, the official website has an article about it in English: http://www.kongehuset.no/c28591/artikkel/vis.html?tid=28705

Crown Prince Haakon of Norway during the National Environment Awards in Oslo, Norway, November 6, 2007 (ANP)

pic 1 -- pic 2

8. nov- The Crown Prince visits CULCOM (Cultural complexity in the New Norway) at the University of Oslo (11:00).
Crown Prince Haakon payed a visit to the professors and research which are working on the CULCOM project, it is lead by Professor Thomas Hylland Eriksen. It was Haakon who had asked to visit and get informed on the project. Haakon is a previous student at the university
Uniforum nett no - Kronprins Haakon besøkte Blindern

Nov 11
Crown Prince Haakon attended the Military memorial day, AFAIK this is the first time this is arranged, usually Norwegian soldiers who died in battle are remembered on the national day and the WW2 soldier on may 8th (liberation day) but now the chief of the military decided to arrange this day all over the country. The timing was very cooinsidensal as the Norwegian soldier (only 22 years old) killed in Afghanistan was brought home, and carried of the plane by the Kings guard the next day
Haakon at Akershus
http://img40.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=90455_IMG_0428_101060a_122_978lo.jpg

forsvarets mediasenter

The Crown Prince opens international conference "No More Excuses – Strengthen commitment to ending violence against the girl child", Oslo (09:00).
http://img162.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=90009_anballe20071119-060c_122_700lo.jpg
http://img190.imagevenue.com/view.php?image=89970_anballe20071119-060_122_188lo.jpg
http://img128.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=90015_anballe20071119-060d_122_969lo.jpg

article about the conference
The Norway Post : Oslo conference on child abuse

anb

Do you know about the audiens of prince Haakon this january 18?

Audiens
H.K.H. Kronprinsen mottar Norges Astma- og Allergiforbund ved forbundsleder Pål Johansen, generalsekretær Geir Endregard og seksjonsleder Anne Elisabeth Eriksrud i audiens

Audiens
H.K.H. Kronprinsen mottar styreleder Kåre Valebrok og direktør Einar Corwin, representanter for Stiftelsen Christian Radich, i audiens (14:00).
mediaLine_large.gif

Audiens
H.K.H. Kronprinsen mottar Landsforbundet mot stoffmisbruk ved styreleder Karl John Amdah, generalsekretær Kariann Tingstein og konsulent Rita Kristiansen i audiens

Last edited by a moderator:
Most of the audiences seem to be private (the CP's and the King's).
So I guess there were no pictures taken.

OSLO 20080225: President of the European Commission José Manuel Barroso (L) met with Crown Prince Haakon of Norway during a audience at the Royal Palace in Oslo February 25 2008

ANP Beeldbank

30.04.2008 - the Ivar Aasen Centre
His Royal Highness The Crown Prince opens a new outdoor stage at the Ivar Aasen Centre.

07.05.2008 - Maihaugen Conference
His Royal Highness The Crown Prince attends conference at the Open Air Museum Maihaugen, Lillehammer (10:00)

08.05.2008 - ForUM
His Royal Highness The Crown Prince is the main speaker at Forum for Environment and Development (ForUM) (10:00)

kongehuset.no

Another gallery can be found on this link:- a . Click on the pictures to have very huge ones. In case the link doesn't work use this:- nobelmonument.com/nobel101403/pages/a.htm .

Last edited:
Crown Prince Haakon visiting the Norwegian aerial ambulance service. An article from side2.no with a gallery titled "Norsk Luftambulanse 30 ar" about CP Haakon's visit, can be found on this link:- Munn til munn med Haakon - Side2

TRONDHEIM 20080812 Crown prince Haakon of Norway, at the inauguration of "Nor-Fishing 2008" in Trondheim, on Tuesday. Here with county governor for Sor Trondelag, Kare Gjonnes (tv), Minister of Fisheries and Coastal Affairs, Helga Pedersen, Mayor of Trondheim,Rita Ottervik and chairman of the board of Nor-fishings Peter Gullestad.

ANP Beeldbank

Prince Haakon looks great. Every day more handsome :blush: . But the more important of it, is the conference he attended about the world weather. This issue is urgent these last days where so many natural disasters happened in the world. So many Tsunamies (the last one in Salomon's Islands), so many earthquakes (Japan, Chile, Mexico, Portugal), so many rains (wherever in the planet)...and so few people speaking about these issues as if all was perfectly normal.

So crownprince Haakon does an excellent job remembering this kind of things, perhaps not to agreeable, but urgent to be solved!

Vanesa.:neutral:

I agree with you. Haakon is doing an excellent job.

Last edited by a moderator:
Haakon attended the film festival in Haugesund, where he saw three movies. He commented on how the quality level of Norwegian movies are rising, and was asked about his favourite film. He mentioned having a top list of favourites with about 25 movies, but expanded:

"I've seen The Hours many times. She I'm married to likes it a lot. I also like it a lot. After a while. I think I've seen it four times."

VG Nett - Film: Denne filmen har kronprinsen sett fire ganger

OSLO 20080908: Crown Prince Haakon of Norway is welcomed by Sidsel Levin and Rabbi Michael Melchior to the opening of the new Jewish Museum in Oslo, Norway, September 9, 2008.
ANP Beeldbank

OSLO 20080909: Norway's Crown Prince Haakon ( far right) hand over the Kavli Prize in Neuroscience to Pasko Rakic (R), Yale University School of Medicine, United States, Thomas Jessell, Columbia University, the United States and Sten Grillner (left), Karolinska Institute, Sweden during the Awards Ceremony of the Kavli Prize held at Oslo Concert hall Tuesday September 9, 2008.
ANP Beeldbank

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom