Haakon and Mette-Marit picture thread: part 2

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you everyone for the pictures. Haakon and Mette-Marit seem to be such down to earth people and what a cute family! :)

norge said:
Well then I think Haakon would be 75 inches and Mette Marit would be 71-72

Wow, they are TALL...I didn't realize that about them.

Mette Marit is pretty tall, I remember her standing next to Prince Charles who is 5'10, and she's taller than him. And you could tell even without heels she would be slightly taller.

Found some pics that might haven't been posted (I hope)...
On March 2004, little IA, her parents and Marius.
From fotobank

Last edited:
Here are some pictures from Haakon and Mette-Marits trip to Mocambique in June 2002. The trip was firstly postponed because she got Pneumonia, then they got sunburned by the german TV channel, you can still see it on her cheeks but they went on the trip finally.The Purpose of the trip was to visit development projects that had gotten money from their humanitaian fund. The trip got close to no coverage in Norwegian publications because there was a strike for Norwegian Journalists and photographers, so nearly no Norwegian press was with them on the trip (except Se og Hør who had many unorganised journalists) here are some pictures taken by a forreign photographer for Rex

She was VERY shy back then and kept hiding in big scarfs and wraps

Purple_platinum, you have a great eye for detail! Thanks for that find.
I bought last night the Point de Vue magazine and they are the lead article and were given the magazine's cover.
Hi Larzen! Thanks for the pictures too.

Last edited:
Toledo said:
Purple_platinum, you have a great eye for detail! Thanks for that find.
I bought last night the Point de Vue magazine and they are the lead article and were given the magazine's cover.

thanks for your kind words, Toledo... :)
but, which post are you refering to? just curious... :D

Is the one you found with the King of Thailand and the picture of Haakon and Mette on his table. It was here yesterday and is gone now?

In my concept, Haakon is one of the few men who look better with a goat:rolleyes: :D ;)

crisiñaki said:
In my concept, Haakon is one of the few men who look better with a goat:rolleyes: :D ;)

I agree crisinaki. I think it really suits him!;)

Thanks for all the wonderful pictures, for some reason, I am greatly attached to HM & MM and their children. What a great family, really look easy with one another. Why is it that all the Scandinavian royals look so close and down to earth and the British royals look so stiff and untouchable?

Toledo said:
Is the one you found with the King of Thailand and the picture of Haakon and Mette on his table. It was here yesterday and is gone now?

:D :D thanks, Toledo ... :)

Thanks, are some marvelous photos of the Princess ;)

crisiñaki said:

With a goat? Why would he date the Duchess of Alba? :p

Oooh, goatee! :rolleyes:
Yes, he kind of looks distinguish with facial hair. I think, since he is kind of related to Romanovs on his Queen Alexandra of Britain side, with age he will start looking more and more like Prince Michael of Kent. You know, very much like Czar Nicholas II.

Toledo said:
With a goat? Why would he date the Duchess of Alba?

Oooh, goatee!

:D :D :D :D my mistake Toledo
And btw, I think that the DoA looks like a doll (para ser mas exactos un maniqui:rolleyes: ) because of her "expression-less expression":rolleyes: :eek: :cool: :D :)

crisiñaki said:
:D :D :D my mistake Toledo
And btw, I think that the DoA looks like a doll (para ser mas exactos un maniqui:rolleyes: ) because of her "expression-less expression":rolleyes: :eek: :cool: :D :)

Well, the mortician has his work cut out on our dear compatriota, the duchess. Not much more work he will have to do on that face of hers! :D

But back to the young couple, those are great pictures just above our posts! I noticed Mette Marit looks better with short hair than with longer hair. She also looks younger with the cut shown above that goes down her jaw line better than the shoulder lenght hair.

And with this post I log off for the night...

Last edited:
Some older pics
In august 2004 the couple celebrated their 3 wedding anniversary and each year on their wedding day they give out money from their humanitarian foundation. In 2004 they were present at a seminar organised by the university of Oslo called - Making a difference, practical and ethical approaches to poverty and conflict Haakon gave a speech before they handed out the money to the recipients, in the evening they hosted a dinner for the people taking part in the seminar in their home (Fotomarktplatz, Aftenposten, UiO, scan from Se og Hør)
http://img13.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc154&image=14419_2.jpg

In June 2002 Mette-Marit attend the viewing of the exam presentation for the film school at Lillehammer University College
http://img13.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc154&image=14419_2.jpg

In june 2002 the former Chief Justice Carsten Smith retired due to age, the King and Queen and Crown Prince Couple was present for the last pleneary session, really ugly hat but I do like the rest of the outfit, the skirt is cute.

(Nettavisen, Scanpix and Lillehamer university college)

Last edited:
While we wait for some vacation pictures to surface here are some from the beginning - after the wedding in 2001 and 2002

1 Mette-Marits first solo engagement, awarding the prize in the women soccer cup finals - Ullevål A little more than 2 months after her marriage, 3.11.01 (NFF)
2 Another of her early solo engagments, attendance to the 100 Anniversary of Oslo Gymnastics association 6.11.01 (Aftenposten)
3 The couple visited their local school in Ullevålsveien, the school has a special resource center in pedagogics (Scanpix)
4 Mette-Marit awarded the heart-prize for 2002 to the department of medical fysiology at the university of Tromsø (Scanpix)
5 in March 2002 Mette-Marit was presnt when the red cross launched their book about basic education in Africa called "Lessons" (Røde Kors)

6 After ending up on cruches in th easter she attended the conference on the living conditions of people with handicaps in the Nordic countries, the lipstick was, well, red (scanpix)
7 Attendance to the premier of Hedda Gabler, the proceeds went to the couples humanitarian foundation and was a wedding gift(VG)
8 In the spring the couple visited Oslo Middleage festival, I wonder what costume she is wearing, it does not look like a "real" one, is it the Oslo costume? june 2002 (SISTE)
9 Celebration of the 150 anniversary of the city of Hønefoss in april 2002 (RB.no)
10 Celebration of the 100th anniversary of the city of Narvik june, I think, 2002 (scanpix)

HOLA gallery on Haakon
http://www.hola.com/perfiles/haakonnoruega/?ver=galeria
HOLA gallery on Mette-Marit
http://www.hola.com/perfiles/mettemarit/?ver=galeria

Last edited:
Do you think she looked happier and more relaxed in the earlier pictures?

I always thought so. I liked her hair better in the early days, not so long and almost white like she wears it now. I also feel she tried harder with her appearance, she wore better-fitting clothes and better make-up. Thanks, Larzen, for posting those early pictures.

sylla said:
I always thought so. I liked her hair better in the early days, not so long and almost white like she wears it now. I also feel she tried harder with her appearance, she wore better-fitting clothes and better make-up. Thanks, Larzen, for posting those early pictures.

I also had this impression. It's so strange because you'd think becoming a princess was a bit of a shock and would become easier a few years later. Her clothes really were a lot better at that time. So strange.

Smilla said:
I also had this impression. It's so strange because you'd think becoming a princess was a bit of a shock and would become easier a few years later. Her clothes really were a lot better at that time. So strange.
I disagree, I think back then she was incredible shy, she would hardly never have eyecontact with the camera and sometimes it looked like she wished for a hole to open in the ground and her posture was much worse than it is now, and she simply did not know how to walk in heels. I think she seems more confident now.

I think the reason her clothes fitted better was that she was quite alot thinner before she moved to London and had two more children, around her wedding she was very thin IMO. She did have some nice outfits back then, I really like this one forinstance but I dont think all of them fit her current shape. I agree the hairlength was better and the peroxide white she has now washes her out IMO

Some other pictures from 2002
1 At a Dissimilis concert with Princess Astrid (dpa)
2 Gala dinner for the President of Estonia. Acccording to press the pearl bracelet and choker was a morning gift from Haakon the day after their wedding, but I dont think she has worn the necklace since (she often wear the bracelet), and that is almost 4 years ago, maybe big necklaces is just not her thing (aftenposten)
3 Dinner in Kristiansand (fvn)
4 In Kristiansand that same day, she REALLY liked that leather jacket back then, it became a press joke along with her brown stripped pants, and the press would write, AGAIN she wore her favourite leather jacket or there is those brown stripped pants AGAIN (fvn)
5 Visiting center for Peace research - Oslo (Scanpix)
6 Meeting with Norwegian designers in London (NEttavisen)
7 Visitng Ullevål hopsital (VG)

I really think she should get a fashion adviser really quick!

I really like her fashion sense, ok at times she does have some off the wall , hats , etc, but on the whole I really do like her sense of style

Last edited:
The Norwegian Design Council was one of her first patronages, they have pictures from most events she has attended with them in Norway, not from events abroad like in the USA and Thailand though. The man with the glasses in most pictures are their director Jan R Stavik. the pictures are taken by Johnny Syversen

NDC was established in 1963 by the Confederation of Norwegian Business and Industry and the Norwegian Trade Council to promote design as a competitive tool in market-oriented product development and market communication. The council is mainly funded by the Norwegian Department of Trade and Industry. Additional sources of income are consultancy services and design related projects.
http://www.norskdesign.no/english
Most are HQ.
Private meeting to get to know the council and waht they do, in 2001

November 2001, the Design Day, there was held a panel debate, the Prizes of the council was awarded and there was a dinner, she asked for non alcoholic wine and the next day the press was sure she was pregnant...

Opening of the exhibition "Young Talents 2003" 28.11.2003

Opening of the exhibition "Young Talents, 2004"

Opening of the new Center for Design and Architecture. 3.2 2005

Pictures from the latest event with them can be found here

http://img45.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=91237_ut_2004_1_stor_584lo.jpg

Back
Top Bottom