The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-30-2005, 07:44 PM
Courtier

Haakon in Aalborg on Nov 6 2005

Does anyone know the exact time for when Haakon will arrive in Ålborg on November 6th? I've looked in the thread "calender of official engagements...." and the official website for the royal family, but nothing is mentioned about it. If anyone finds out about the time could you please post it?:) Ålborg is the city I live in, so it would be great if I got a chance to see him.:)

Old 11-01-2005, 03:37 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mette2
Does anyone know the exact time for when Haakon will arrive in Ålborg on November 6th? I've looked in the thread "calender of official engagements...." and the official website for the royal family, but nothing is mentioned about it. If anyone finds out about the time could you please post it?:) Ålborg is the city I live in, so it would be great if I got a chance to see him.:)
http://www.norsk.dk/royalvisit/press/pressroyal.htm
Here is some information about his visit, its in Norwegian but I assume you can read it, there is no time, so either look out for more details on www.kongehuset.no or contact the embassy. Hope it helps
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwanfan
According to the post with the royal family's events calender, there is a gala dinner for Parliament on the third. Do you think Mette-Marit will attend?
They said in UK that she would most likely not have any more engagements before the birth, but they did not rule it out completely, I guess it depends on how she is feeling that day.

Old 11-01-2005, 06:12 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larzen
http://www.norsk.dk/royalvisit/press/pressroyal.htm
Here is some information about his visit, its in Norwegian but I assume you can read it, there is no time, so either look out for more details on www.kongehuset.no or contact the embassy. Hope it helps
Thank you very much for this Larzen.:) Yes, you were right in assuming I could understand it. I read a few weeks ago in an issue of the Danish magazine Billed-Bladet that Haakon would be visiting Ålborghallen, but it's nice to know now that he's actually going there. Magazines are not always the most reliable source. Some friends of mine told me yesterday that I should try and look for Ålborghallen at google, and see if they had anything about his visit. I haven't tried that yet, but I will, and will also check the royal family's official website. Maybe the time for his visit will also be in this week's issue of Billed-Bladet. Hopefully I'll find out one way or another, since there's no point in me standing outside Ålborghallen from early in the morning. Thanks again for your help.:)
Old 11-02-2005, 03:09 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mette2
Thank you very much for this Larzen.:) Yes, you were right in assuming I could understand it. I read a few weeks ago in an issue of the Danish magazine Billed-Bladet that Haakon would be visiting Ålborghallen, but it's nice to know now that he's actually going there. Magazines are not always the most reliable source. Some friends of mine told me yesterday that I should try and look for Ålborghallen at google, and see if they had anything about his visit. I haven't tried that yet, but I will, and will also check the royal family's official website. Maybe the time for his visit will also be in this week's issue of Billed-Bladet. Hopefully I'll find out one way or another, since there's no point in me standing outside Ålborghallen from early in the morning. Thanks again for your help.:)
Haakon will be visiting Europahallen at Aalborg Kongres & Kultur Center at 15:00 http://www.norsk.dk/royalvisit/aalborg/aalborg.htm
Old 11-02-2005, 06:44 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by norwegianne
Haakon will be visiting Europahallen at Aalborg Kongres & Kultur Center at 15:00 http://www.norsk.dk/royalvisit/aalborg/aalborg.htm
Thank you for this Norwegianne.:) I actually read this today in one of Ålborg's local papers. It also said that Haakon will re-open/inaugurate the street Boulevarden, because parts of the street has been renovated. He'll start his walk with the mayor from the John F. Kennedy Square (near the train station and also where Boulevarden starts), and then walk to City Hall, where they'll have lunch. They'll start the walk around 12.30. It's not that long a walk. If you walk it yourself it shouldn't take more than a few minutes. But it might take a bit longer for them if they'll be talking to the people and seeing the buildings along the way. Because of this celebration the shops on Boulevarden will be open. According to the paper 500 Norwegian and 500 Danish flags will be handed out to hopefully the many people who'll show up and join in the celebration, and who might get a chance to meet Haakon. I'll definitely be there. Not even bad weather can keep me away. It's not every day Ålborg has a visit from a foreign royal. It should really happen more often. In the evening Haakon will be hosting a dinner at Hotel Hvide Hus (Hotel White House).