Haakon attending the wedding of Laura Ponte and Beltran Gomez Acebo

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mandy said:
September 17, 2004 - DINNER NIGHT BEFORE LAURA PONTE AND BETRFAN GOMEZ ACEBO WEDDING.AMONG THE GUESTS CROWN PRINCE HAAKON OF NORWAY.
Pictures from http://www.imagine.photositepro.com/main.php?cmd=View&ViewImageSelect=29
Haakon looks very handsome in these pictures! :)

What is Haakon's connection to either Beltran or Laura? Is he a close friend of the groom's through Felipe? I believe that Beltran was with Felipe, Nikolaos and Frederik that fateful Mary-meeting night in Sydney several years ago?

Two more from the wedding from Imagine Scandinavia:

Alexandria said:
Haakon looks very handsome in these pictures! :)

What is Haakon's connection to either BeTRFan or Laura? Is he a close friend of the groom's through Felipe? I believe that BeTRFan was with Felipe, Nikolaos and Frederik that fateful Mary-meeting night in Sydney several years ago?
According to the Spanish press he is good friends with both Felipe and Beltran.

He looked very handsome. It's too bad Mette-Marit could not be there. She would have received a warm reception from the locals, I'm sure.

ILoveCristina said:
What a handsome man!!:)
Yeah, and since he was without his wife the press reports that he was not without a dance partner all night long at the after wedding party. They said it was the kind of party that becomes legend and ran until 7 in the morning. Hakoon was apparently very popular with the ladies and danced up a storm!

lucys said:
Yeah, and since he was without his wife the press reports that he was not without a dance partner all night long at the after wedding party. They said it was the kind of party that becomes legend and ran until 7 in the morning. Hakoon was apparently very popular with the ladies and danced up a storm!
I wonder how the Crown Princess would feel about that!;)

Alisa said:
I wonder how the Crown Princess would feel about that!;)
Not surprisingly. The Crown Prince is a very popular man among the ladies on this board as well. Give the ladies a chance to dance with a man whose wife is not around. You can´t beat it and I hope they all behaved like perfect gentlewomen. :)

lucys said:
It's too bad Mette-Marit could not be there. She would have received a warm reception from the locals, I'm sure.
well... the spanish press doesn't really have a good opinion about her...

carlota said:
That may be so, but if I recall correctly she was well received by the locals when in Madrid for the wedding. But I'm sure you'll correct me if I'm wrong on that.

carlota said:
The Spanish press doesn't generally have a good opinon of other royals outside of their own. They are generally very praising of their own royals from the King and Queen to the Infantas and particularly Felipe and now Letizia. So Mette-Marit is not good enough for the Spanish press because she is not Spanish and not the Princess of Asturias ... but does it matter what the Spanish press thinks of Mette-Marit? She represents Norway last time I checked and not Spain, so it shouldn't matter what they think of Mette-Marit, only what Norwegians and the Norwegian press thinks of Mette-Marit.

"That may be so, but if I recall correctly she was well received by the locals when in Madrid for the wedding. But I'm sure you'll correct me if I'm wrong on that."

i don't really know what happened when they arrived. what's true it that most of the people who were there waiting for the royals who came from the airport didn't really know who they were when they arrived.

carlota said:
"That may be so, but if I recall correctly she was well received by the locals when in Madrid for the wedding. But I'm sure you'll correct me if I'm wrong on that."

i don't really know what happened when they arrived. what's true it that most of the people who were there waiting for the royals who came from the airport didn't really know who they were when they arrived.
That was because Mette Marit was wering jeans then, right? This made a sort of "scandal"...

yes, that wasn't really well received by spanish people as they are not really used to seeing their royals normally wearing casual clothes... but apart from that, she doesn't have a good rapport since she started being in the scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom