The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-05-2005, 01:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

Haakon at the Barents rescue exercise '05

Crown Prince Haakon will today and tomorrow take part in the Barents Rescue execise in Finnmark, in the last picture he is talking to Minister of Justice Odd Einar DÝrum
Quote:
Barents Rescue 2005 is an international exercise in search-and-rescue and crisis management operations. The exercise takes place September 1-9 in Finnmark, Norway. This is the most comprehensive exercise ever arranged in this area
source (they also have much more information in english)

http://www.dsb.no/infogroup.asp?info...ngelsk&Rank=11
Here are the pictures from the same source taken by Lars Magne Hovtun in high ressolution trough Image Shack, I have attached the pictures in reduced size for easier viewing

and if you want even bigger look at them here, it seems Image Shack has redused the size a little
http://www.dsb.no/Article.asp?ArticleID=1646

Pic 4-5 from www.nettavisen.no
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	05_03bredusert.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	104.5 KB
ID:	190141   Click image for larger version

Name:	05_03credusert.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	157.2 KB
ID:	190142   Click image for larger version

Name:	05_03dredusert.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	152.7 KB
ID:	190143   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	18.1 KB
ID:	190173  

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	17.7 KB
ID:	190174  

Old 09-06-2005, 01:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

Haakon today at Barents Rescue, Pictures by Lars-Erik Hauge

See High resolutions here
http://www.dsb.no/Article.asp?ArticleID=1663
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	06_12b.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	151.7 KB
ID:	190569   Click image for larger version

Name:	06_12a.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	150.5 KB
ID:	190570   Click image for larger version

Name:	06_12c.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	108.0 KB
ID:	190571   Click image for larger version

Name:	06_12g.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	171.9 KB
ID:	190572  

Old 09-06-2005, 05:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larzen
Haakon today at Barents Rescue, Pictures by Lars-Erik Hauge
Hmm, there's that beard again... Please Haakon, shave it off - he looks so much better without it (in my personal opinion of course)! I must say it feels a bit strange and unusual to see Haakon dressed in the military attire (which could also be better designed, but I guess they have more important things to consider in the defence than design ), but nice to see him in it anyway.
Old 09-06-2005, 05:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandDuchess
Hmm, there's that beard again... Please Haakon, shave it off - he looks so much better without it (in my personal opinion of course)! I must say it feels a bit strange and unusual to see Haakon dressed in the military attire (which could also be better designed, but I guess they have more important things to consider in the defence than design ), but nice to see him in it anyway.
It's a bit strange, because I look at him with the beard now and the pictures of him at the wedding... and somehow the beard makes him seem older than he was (Well, of course he's older... but still) A more mature face, if you will. Normally, I'm not a fan of beard on men (and judging by comments made by Ari Behn in regards to his beard, it doesn't sound like Haakon's sister and niece are fans of beards either.) but in Haakon's case it somewhat works.

To me, at least. Maybe not quite as much as this, though.
Old 09-06-2005, 05:26 PM
Serene Highness

I kind of like his beard -- I think it adds something...:p