Haakon and Mette-Marit's visit to Tromsø and Troms: August 07

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Larzen

Heir Presumptive
Haakon and Mette-Marit arriving to the royal yacht today which layed docked in Tromsø. Tromsø is currently in party mood, not because of the couple but because of large music festival taking part this weekend, the local paper speculates that the couple might come to one of the concerts tonight. A-HA and Lene Marlin is among the artists playing.

Currently the couple is handing out grants from the foundation at an arrangement in the center of tromsø, before they will head to the university to attend two lectures which is open for the public.

Tomorrow they start a 3 day visit to Nothern Troms with the Royal Yacht
Side2

The local paper in Tromsø which will also go on the trip of Nothern Troms the next days nordlys.no

Veryy nice pics...I always like to see MM e Haakom, they always look like so inlove as the first day...

Did one of the kids make Haakon's bracelet?

Lovely pix, especially the red ballons... I love them

Does anybody know what Mette-Marits speech of August 25 was about?

Did she change clothes at Tromso btw(I see her in a creme coloured suit and in a traditional dress, both in Tromso)?

Does anybody know what Mette-Marits speech of August 25 was about?
It was about the awarding of the Humanitarian fund prize. She started out by remembering her previous visit to Tromsø, when she was there on the occasion of the Mandela concert. And made a joke on how the Humanitarian fund and her wedding anniversary falls on the same day, means that her husband has to remember the wedding anniversary. ...

The price was awarded Karasjok municipality in Norway and Lovozero municipality in Russia - to give better health education in schools, and secure the project about growing up in a good manner, for the children and youths in Lovozero, through exchange of competencies and various other means.

Did she change clothes at Tromso btw(I see her in a creme coloured suit and in a traditional dress, both in Tromso)?
No, the whitish suit was yesterday in Tromsø when the grants from the foundation was given adn they attended lectures at the university of Tromsø on how the ocean and marine research are used in AIDS research

The National Costume was used today, the first day of the county visit to Troms (Troms the county not Tromsø the City);)

Beautiful pictures by NRK, first some nature pictures then the royal pictures
Kronprinsparet på besøk i Troms - Troms og Finnmark - NRK Nyheter
a few more
Kronprinsen: - Dere har et fortrinn - NRK Sámi Radio - NRK

their speeches are posted on their website continuesly, but they are so "local" that they are not really interesting enough to translate
kongehuset.no - Kronprinsparets taler

Last edited:
Few great pictures. Her national costume looks lovely. she blends in very well.Glad she has changed her hair style abit

Norwegian royals visiting Skorpa for a church service, North Trom, Norway - 26 Aug 2007 - isifa picture gallery
Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princess Mette-Marit visited Skjervoy during their provincial tour in Nord-Troms. Crown Princess Mette-Marit opened a street (ANP)
Haakon & MM
MM with the locals
Haakon & MM 2
MM opening the street
Haakon & MM

Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princess Mette-Marit talked to the press in Skjervoy during their provincial tour in Nord-Troms (ANP)
laughing
MM & Haakon

Last edited:
That hairstyle certainly suits her !
Is it me or does she become more beautiful everyday ?

Last edited:
That hairstyle certainly suits her !
Is it me or does she become more beautiful everyday ?

I have the same opinion. She looks healthy, happy and natural - and very beautiful. You can see that she is very happy with her life.

Mette and Haakon are my favourite couple - they look always so in love!

Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princess Mette-Marit arrived in Torsvag Sunday evening (ANP)
MM
Haakon & MM
Haakon & MM 2

Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princess Mette-Marit Norwegian royals visiting Karlsoy, North Troms, Norway - 26 Aug 2007 (ISIFA)
Picture

They visited Torsvagbruket, a fish refinement company where they watched the fish being fillet (ANP)
picture 1
picture 2
MM

Aftenposten picture gallery of Royals on tour in Troms. Some beautfiul, unseen unwatermaked pictures.
Picture gallery

Hello! identified the boy as Sverre. They're famous for being wrong though.

Aftenposten identified it as a little local girl, who stumbled and fell, and then was comforted by Mette-Marit in the picture text... :ermm:

It doesn't really look much like Sverre.

Well who else should it be ?? I don't think that Haakon and Mette would walk around with and talk to a child all the time if it wasn't their own. There are so many photos.

Its deffenetly NOT Sverre Magnus its a local girl who is even named and whos mother in interviewd in the local press. She fell down when she was walking towards them and Haakon went over to her, then she walked by herself over to Mette-Marit and she her by her hand back to her mother.

None of the kids are on the trip.

Lots of pics from Nettavisen, scroll down
Side2

Last edited:
Well, in the Hello picture, I thought it might be Sverre, because the child reminds me of Marius, and Sverre and Marius are similar.

the pictures are great! it's also lovely to see them... long time since we last saw them about and about.

i love mm's white trench and those gloves! so original.

Well, in the Hello picture, I thought it might be Sverre, because the child reminds me of Marius, and Sverre and Marius are similar.

The children are not with them on the trip :neutral:
Here is a picture of Haakon with the child as well. btw, it looks nothing like their son

More pictures

Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princess Mette Marit on board the Royal ship Norge during their provincial tour in Nord-Troms on August 27, 2007 (anp)
Picture

Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princess Mette-Marit visited the children at Olderdaken day care center during their provincial tour in Nord-Troms (anp)
Picture 1
picture 2
picture 3

inside a lapp cot when they visited Manndalen during their provincial tour in Nord-Troms (anp)
picture 1
picture 2

Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princess Mette-Marit visited Manndalen during their provincial tour in Nord-Troms (anp)
boat 1
boat 2
boat 3 - nice picture
watching something

Last edited:
A big thanks to everyone for their pictures! There are always going to be critics of Mette-Marit and her past life before joining the Royal Family, but she has taken her role as Crown Princess seriously and is doing a tremendous job. It appears that the people of Norway admire her and enjoy her presence as well. I always enjoy her appearances in the traditional bunad.:flowers:

I really love them ! Thanks so much for these pix

Wow! Haakon and Mette seem so in love. It's truly amazing. She seems to look more beautiful everytime I see her. Thanks for the pictures guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom