Haakon & Mette-Marit's visit to Poland May 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

carlota

Majesty
Country
United States
haakon and mette marit will go to poland. they will be there for two days 30 may and 1 june.

DD.KK.HH. Kronprinsen og Kronprinsessen til Polen

Deres Kongelige Høyheter Kronprinsen og Kronprinsessen vil avlegge besøk til Polen i tiden 30. mai - 1. juni 2005.

Programmet omfatter besøk til Warszawa og Krakow. I Warszawa vil Kronprinsparet være tilstede ved åpningen av norsk-polsk kompetanseforum. Programmet omfatter også et besøk til Warsaw University of Technology Business School og et møte med frivillige organisasjoner som arbeider med likestillingsspørsmål. I Krakow vil Kronprinsparet avlegge et besøk til Det jagellonske universitetet hvor mange norske studenter studerer medisin, møte representanter for myndighetene, samt være tilstede ved en konsert med Thomas Dybdahl.

Under besøket vil Deres Kongelige Høyheter Kronprinsen og Kronprinsessen møte Hans Eksellense Republikken Polens President Alexander Kwasniewski og fru Jolanta Kwasniewska.

Some information from Kongehuset.no, rough translation

The Progam includes a visit to Warzaw and Krakow. In Warzaw the CP-couple will be present for the opening of a norwegian-polish kompetans-forum (someone has a better translation for "kompetanseforum??). They will also vist the Warsaw University of Technology Business School and a meating with volounteer organisations that work with gender eguality questions. In Krakow the CP-couple will visit the jagellon university where many Norwegian students study medicine, they will meet with authoreties and be present for a concert with Thomas Dybdahl During the visit the will also meet with HE President Alexander Kwasniewski and First lady Jolanta Kwasniewska (she always looks fantastic)

from VG
Haakon and Mette-Marit will travel with a business delegation of 58 people, they are trying to get into the polish market in areas like food safty, science, and the travel business

Last edited:
Forum of Competence might work...

Larzen said:
Some information from Kongehuset.no, rough translation

The Progam includes a visit to Warzaw and Krakow. In Warzaw the CP-couple will be present for the opening of a norwegian-polish kompetans-forum (someone has a better translation for "kompetanseforum??). They will also vist the Warsaw University of Technology Business School and a meating with volounteer organisations that work with gender eguality questions. In Krakow the CP-couple will visit the jagellon university where many Norwegian students study medicine, they will meet with authoreties and be present for a concert with Thomas Dybdahl During the visit the will also meet with HE President Alexander Kwasniewski and First lady Jolanta Kwasniewska (she always looks fantastic)

from VG
Haakon and Mette-Marit will travel with a business delegation of 30-40 people, they are trying to get into the polish market in areas like food safty, science, and the travel business

Haakon and Mette-Marit has arrived in Poland, the weather was very warm but according to VG Mette-Marit was feeling well. A couple of hours after the arrival Mette-Marit was going to give prizes to chefs that has taken part in a cometition where the meals was made of Norwegian food. In the evening they will have dinner with the President and First Lady.

http://www.vg.no/pub/vgart.hbs?artid=279135

Attachments

• mmm.jpg
    mmm.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 740
  • mmmm.jpg
    mmmm.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 446
Last edited:
They'll be using a train when travelling in Poland, instead of the Russian made planes they were offered, according to VG. Not very surprising, if you ask me.

Mette-Marit looks beautiful! The purple color of her dress looks beautiful on her.

More pictures

Attachments

• r1628510484.jpg
    r1628510484.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 756
  • r4251054351.jpg
    r4251054351.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 815
As expected the First lady looks elegant and Mette-Marit not so much. She looks like she is going clubbing in that outfit, black for spring:confused: and whats with the white camisole peeping out. The arrival outfit is tolerable, atleast it is springlike. I think the dress is by Arne og Carlos but their website is down for maitnance so Ill check it out later. She used the jacket twice when she was pregnant with Ingrid Alexandra. HAakons suit could also be better tailored

www.aftenposten.no

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 659
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 303
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 318
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 361
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 345
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 398
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 356
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 448
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 387
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 519
I especially think that Haakon's suit should have been better tailored. It just looks odd on him, like he's borrowed it from someone else, or something.

Mette-Marit looks nice for the arrival. I love the shoes, and it seems the photographer did too.;) Haakon's pants looked like just bought them as they are in dire need of some tailoring.

I'm surprised by Mette-Marit's outfit, she does look like she's ready for a night on the town with some friends, not for an official banquet.

Last edited:
kate14 said:
Had she wore a different top, she would have looked more Appropiate.

I actually like the top, but find the pants too casual. Maybe it's just me, but I also don't like it when pants are fitted as Mette-Marit's are, and then paired with heels so that you can see the stockings -- it reminds me of the 80s when some women would wear acid wash jeans with heels. :eek: And a surprise from Mette-Marit, too, as usually her pants are usually so flared. Pants, when worn with heels, should go over the shoes so that you can only see the tips of your shoes, and most certainly not your stockings.

I liked Mette-Marit´s arrival outfit. Nice shoes and the skirt is good. Passable spring ensemble. Like the shoes for the arrival too. Nice bracelet for the evening. The top looked okay at first but I didn´t like that the camisole sticking out like that. It´s not good. And yes, the pants were too informal for a dinner. That being said, she really glows. A beautiful woman. The first lady was lovely as always.

I agree that it was a little informal compares to everyone else but I did really like her outfit. Here are some pics from Getty.

Attachments

• 52999905.jpg
    52999905.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 384
  • 52999929.jpg
    52999929.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 334
  • 52999913.jpg
    52999913.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 464
  • 52999901.jpg
    52999901.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 457
Last edited:
KikkiB said:
From the dinner in Poland;

Why in the world is Ambassador Sten Lundbo pinching CP Mette-Marits arm like that:confused: Any explanations??

From http://pub.tv2.no/nettavisen/side2/kongelig/

that's true... that photo is quite impressing..
i mean... touching a royal is always wrong according to protocol (well... any royal or any other person)but he is pinching her... hehehe... what's that? and she apparently doesnt care... and is smily... :s
how weird..

As expected the First lady looks elegant and Mette-Marit not so much. She looks like she is going clubbing in that outfit, black for spring:confused: and whats with the white camisole peeping out.
exactly what i thought larzen!

i like the outfit the first day, i mean... it was ok... nothing surprising but ok and according to the act. but the second one i found it quite unflattering and remind me of the same look mary used to go to the tivoli for princess benedikte's birthday... and i dont think either it was really protocolar to dress like that to meet a personality.

(quite offtopic) i find letizia's style sometimes really suitable although sometimes to classy and boring, but i think that's how it must look like most of the times. (this comment was just to let you know what i mean with "not suitable", no intentions to compare)

Last edited:
I dont know what the Ambassodor was doing:confused: one does not do that to any woman, royal or not. But one must remeber a photo just shows on millisecond. I think Mette-Marit acted normally, like nothing happened it is not like she could get angry. Not to compare, but when Presiden Bush put his arm around Queen Sofia (giant breech of protocol if you ask me), she also smiled and pretended like nothing happened.

Today at a Norwegian Polish Forum of Competence Mette-Marit wears IMO an apporpriate early maternety coat that looks quite nice, but a little bland with her fair complextion, there could have been more colour and done something with the hair...Great shoes and purse that match eachother and the outfit.:)

Attachments

• today.jpg
    today.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 455
  • today2.jpg
    today2.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 464
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 802
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 338
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 355
Last edited:
Perhaps CP MM should shedule an appointment with those people who figure out which colours you should wear to complement you skin tone and hair colour?? That grey colour on the coat didn't suit her much, even though the shape is nice.

More photos from May 31, 2005.

Attachments

• r1381107768.jpg
    r1381107768.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 367
  • r605817945.jpg
    r605817945.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 359
  • r4190318202.jpg
    r4190318202.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 364
  • r4185093295.jpg
    r4185093295.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 291
  • r313309502.jpg
    r313309502.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 322
  • r2845311050.jpg
    r2845311050.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 312
  • r3376749749.jpg
    r3376749749.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 269
From nrk.no

Attachments

• 487276.jpg
    487276.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 431
More pics from the dinner with the President and First Lady

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 254
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 236
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 236
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 253
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 219
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 299
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 219
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 231
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 252
  • SP00-2808.jpg
    SP00-2808.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 216
May 31, 2005: Haakon and Mette Marit attended a concert by Dutch artist Thomas Dybdahl at the Cracovs Theatre.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 772
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 567
Nice gold jacket there on MM. Thanks for the photos, everybody. It looks like the crown princess is ready to sing to her audience when she has the microphone in some of those photos. :)

pdas1201 said:
May 31, 2005: Haakon and Mette Marit attended a concert by Dutch artist Thomas Dybdahl at the Cracovs Theatre.

Thomas Dybdahl is norwegian! :)

1 and 4 Haakon and Mette-Marit arriving at Cracow train station

Crown Prince Haakon Mangus of Norway (L) and his wife Crown Princess Mette-Marit (R) are welcoming at the Cracov's main railway station on Tuesday, 31 May 2005. On Wednesday the prince and the princess will visit the Jagiellonian University where numerous Norwegian students study medicine, and meet representatives of the local authorities. Haakon visit's Poland from 30 May 2005 to 01 June 2005 at the invitation of President Aleksander Kwasniewski.

More from yesterday

Attachments

• cracow.jpg
    cracow.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 293
  • m.jpg
    m.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 283
  • mm.jpg
    mm.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 244
  • polen.jpg