Haakon and Mette-Marit's visit to Geneva

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Josefine

Majesty
Country
Sweden
23 - 24 september to Geneve

DD.KK.HH. Kronprinsen og Kronprinsessen besøker de fem store internasjonale humanitære organisasjonene i Geneve (besøket varer til 24. september)

Man0410H.K.H. Kronprinsen innleder UNDP-relatert besøk til Kambodsja - besøket varer til 7. oktober

Polfoto 23-09-2004 Norwegian Crown Prince Haakon, right, and his wife Crown Princess Mette-Marit, center, are welcomed by United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees, Ruud Lubbers, left, Thursday, Sept. 23, 2004, at the beginning of their two-day visit to Geneva, Switzerland. The Norwegian Royals came to Geneva to visit the UN headquarters and other international organizations. (AP Photo/Keystone/Martial Trezzini)

Attachments

• AP523622_guest.jpg
    AP523622_guest.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 275
  • AP523636_guest.jpg
    AP523636_guest.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 307
  • AP523637_guest.jpg
    AP523637_guest.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 264
  • AP523638_guest.jpg
    AP523638_guest.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 335
Mette Marit looks so beautiful in these pictures. She's positively glowing (not pregnant, is she?).

pdas1201 said:
Mette Marit looks so beautiful in these pictures. She's positively glowing (not pregnant, is she?).

She said a couple of days ago that she wasn't, when she told the press how nice she thought Märtha's pregnancy was. Or so I interpreted her comments.

Just wait... we'll probably have an announcement next year... the Norwegian press speculated around the fact that Ingrid Alexandra was conceived around the time of Maud Angelica's birth... :p

But she is wearing pink, a color that suits her well. I suppose it is an even trade off.:p

Yes, and the hair looks nice, now if she could only wear som collor on her lips....

Mette-Marit looks very good and polished at her UN visit. But I don't know about the light colour of her suit and the neck thing. They are very pale colours and Mette-Marit is pale herself, so her suit and scarf thing practically blend in with her skin tone.

Genevieve said:
Mette-Marit looks very good and polished at her UN visit. But I don't know about the light colour of her suit and the neck thing. They are very pale colours and Mette-Marit is pale herself, so her suit and scarf thing practically blend in with her skin tone.
I thin her suit looked nice!

the buttoning

I just relized yesterday by looking through a magazine that it is quite fashion right know to do the "buttoning' so even though I also don`t like it too much i just thinks she is going with fashion. I think the collor hat looks the best on her is black. She looked wonderful in Finnmark wearing that black Jacket but off cousre that is just in my oppinion.
wishing you all a very nice weekend

I agree with you, Christina, regarding the need for contrast in her outfit. When enlarging one of the "thumbnails", I see that the top has a "black collar", so maybe she thought it would then go well with a black skirt. What has impressed me about these photos and others on this thread is "how close to each other" they are. To me, it seems as they were made for each other. Haakon looks pretty proud with her at her side ... and, I love her hair when she wore the "black and blue" skirt and top. Very chic!

pdas1201 said:
I noticed that too. Her tummy looks a little big. I wonder if she just hasn't lost the weight from her pregnancy with P Ingrid Alexandria. or maybe she and Haakon have decided to get having more chilidren out of the way so that they can focus on their royal duties.

Wouldn't that be spended, BlueTortuga? ... and, wise? ~ I mean in having more children and getting that "settled" in order for them to focus on their royal duties. Just can't help it ~ I just love "babies" ~ royal or not!

Summary: The Crown Prince couple received as a wedding gift 3 years ago a trip to Geneva to study the 5 human aid organizations that gave them the trip. Because of a tight program and a baby they haven't had the time to do it before now. The five organizations are: Norwegian Red Cross, Norwegian Church Aid, Save the Children, Norwegian People's Help and Norwegian Refugee Council. (I have no clue to the actual English names of them, thus some of the names are the actual literal translations, and not what they might be called in other countries.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom