Haakon and Mette-Marit's staff

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hrhcp

Royal Highness
Country
Canada
Need work ?
How about applying for
- a full-time half-day maid (two positions),
- a host or hostess,
- a kitchen manager,
- a manager, or
- a part-time secretary ?

Just think, you could the the lucky one !!!!!!!

http://www.aftenposten.no/english/local/article817504.ece

Royal job opportunities
If you have always dreamed of working in regal surroundings, there is now a chance of making this come true. The palace web site has announced that Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princess Mette-Marit have five spots to fill at the royal residence in Skaugum.

The crown couple are building up their own staff and traditionally there is no shortage of applicants. The want ads were placed on the palace web site and will also appear in a few selected national newspapers.

Two half-time openings in service are available. Duties include washing, dusting, polishing silver and brass, taking out and sorting trash, ironing clothes and linens, and serving breakfast. The wage class for this is roughly between NOK 215,000 and 248,000 (USD 31,000 to 36,000).

A host or hostess is also needed, to have final responsibility for the coordinating and quality control of events at Skaugum. This position requires experience hosting major events and a background in the hotel, restaurant or hospitality business. The pay scale here is from NOK 241,000-323,000 (USD 35,000-47,000).

Similar wages are offered for a kitchen manager to oversee and prepare meals for private and official functions - only qualified chefs need apply.

The royals at Skaugum also need a manager to control the operation and maintenance of buildings and to prepare and organize events. Qualified carpenters or porters will seek to fill this post.

Finally, the royal couple need a part-time secretary, to handle archiving, external correspondence and follow up practical details associated with their travels - good language skills a plus.

Well .. the pay might not be much, in "higher taxes than the sky" Norway ... but the prestige !!

yeah .... i think i would apply as manager or be assistant to the chamber maid ..... it would take a while to get a handle on the duties .... but then

compare that to host, chef or secretary .... a new challenge every day.

Originally posted by King Christian@Jun 27th, 2004 - 3:30 pm
yeah .... i think i would apply as manager or be assistant to the chamber maid ..... it would take a while to get a handle on the duties .... but then

compare that to host, chef or secretary .... a new challenge every day.
and you'll meet the crown princely couple! ;)

http://pub.tv2.no/multimedia/na/archive/00114/Anne_Grete_Eidsvig_114882c.jpg
http://pub.tv2.no/multimedia/TV2/archive/00026/Kjell_Inge_R_kke_26022a.jpg

OT-ish. Yesterday Mette-Marits former lifeguard Anne Grete Eidsvig married in secracy in Rome one of Norways richest men, Kjell Inge Røkke. They are expecting their first child around christmas. She quit her job as soon as it was known that they were dating, they have tried to be low profile but the press has been more than interested, so it was not possible for her to continue in the royal life guard

Last edited by a moderator:
Haakon and Mette-Marit has gotten a new member of their staff, her name is Vibeke Hollekim (34) and she will work as a protocoll adivisor, her work will be to plan their official agenda, give advice in press related matters and write speeches. She started on January 1.

She is educated journalist, she has worked in Aftenposten and KK, she met Mette-Marit when she was patron for the mental heath telethon in 2004 where she also worked and Haakon when he was protector for the 2005 auction which she was in charge of and the money went to battered women/women in development coutries. It was trough this work Haakon and Mette-Marit met her and they wanted her in their staff but she hesitated, but now she has agreed to the job.

Gry Møllerskog is head of the Crown Prince couple staff, which also consists of Anders Flågen who also works as a protocol advisor, he was formerly Haakons Aid de Camp

In an intervie last autum she said she was a monarchist, that she was pro EU and that she liked Joni Mitchell.

This article has a picture of her with CP Haakon at the palace in a reception
http://www.aftenposten.no/nyheter/kongelige/article1194667.ece

Added Article in english
http://www.aftenposten.no/english/local/article1195272.ece

Last edited:
From the yearly report we can see the staff of the couple.

Head of the Crown Prince Couples staff
Gry Mølleskog
Protocoll Secretary
Anders Flågen
Senior secretary
Grete Bergamini
Head of the household (all related to receptions, guests, dinners etc)
Hågen Setran
Responsible for the kitchen
Olise Øverås
Service workers (I guess this is fancy name for cleaning personal/servant)
Helle Moe Johnsen
Mona Omar
Children’s Pedagog/Coordinator
Maria Sikkeland (on maternity leave)
Children’s pedagog (nannies)
Randi Husøy
Kristin Aasen
Maintenance workers
Kjetil Brenne
Morten Pretorius

In Charge of the farm (the farm is financially independent from the royal house)
Ola Aanonsen
Agronomics
Tone Beate Grøtan
Skjalg Hilling

(Links: Pic from getty, scanpix, article from Dagbladet)

In 2006 they also hired Vibeke Hollekim
http://www.aftenposten.no/english/local/article1195272.ece

According to the report: In areas where it is not necessary to hire fulltime staff there is intern buying of services from the other divisions of the palace (ME: I guess here they think of drivers, hairdresser, somone to take care of the official clothes etc)

Crown Prince Haakon also has Aide de Camps but they are payed by the military

Last edited:
The Crown Prince Couples Chief of staff is leaving

The Crown Prince Couples closest coworker Gry Mølleskog is leaving her posisition after 3 years. Mølleskog is head of the Crown Prince couples Household that counts 16 people. The 44 year old woman was hired in autumn 2003 to build the organization around the couple after their return from London.

- The position was planned for 3 years and when that is over I am leaving as planned. I have my last day December 31st. Mølleskog confirms to VG What she is going to do when she leaves the Palace she is not sure of

- I am in a process where I am considering different positions

Why are you leaving?

- The position was for 3 years, and that has been my guideline the whole way. My job was to build their organisation

she had her first day at the palace 1 December 2003, earlier that year she left on the day as head of the 5500 cabine crew in SAS after a falling out with SAS manager Søren Belin

According to the tax lists Mølleskog is the best payed at the palace with an income of 1,1 million kroner, some of her income comes from different business board positions she has. The 44 year old is head of the board for the Oslo tram company, she also has board positions in Hurtigruten, DNB, Nor Finans, The Norwegian Post and The Crown Prince Couple Humanitarian Foundation.

So now you are going to be a board member full time?

- No I'm going to find a full time job, says Mølleskog who next week will pack her bag and go to India on an official business trip with the Crown Prince Couple.

How has the years at the Palace been?

- I feel privileged to be allowed to work at the court. When she arrived at the court the Crown Prince Couple had 1 employee, today their court counts 16 people between the Palace and Skaugum

Translation from VG paper edition

Pictures from nettavisen and Fvn

Randi Vesseltun (47) is hired as Chief of the Court of TRH the Crown Prince and Crown Princess. She will start in the position August 13th and the position runs for 4 years.

Randi Vesseltun is currently employed in the minstry of Trade and Industry as head of the Deaprtment for Industry and Internationalisation. She has worked in the Ministry since 1997 and had several leading positions, she also holds a broad international experience

http://www.kongehuset.no/c27217/nyhet/vis.html?tid=32056

Intresting choice, a woman and not from the military/diplomacy and not from their pet topic humanitarian aid

Larzen said:
Randi Vesseltun (47) is hired as Chief of the Court of TRH the Crown Prince and Crown Princess. She will start in the position August 13th and the position runs for 4 years.

Randi Vesseltun is currently employed in the minstry of Trade and Industry as head of the Deaprtment for Industry and Internationalisation. She has worked in the Ministry since 1997 and had several leading positions, she also holds a broad international experience

http://www.kongehuset.no/c27217/nyhet/vis.html?tid=32056

Intresting choice, a woman and not from the military/diplomacy and not from their pet topic humanitarian aid

Intresting ! why choose her?
You say intresting choice, as myself too think its intresting, but is a women weird for the position & not from the military or diplomacy ?

BEfore the very top postions at the court has been men from the military or diplomat (esp pre-King Harald), the last chief of the crown prince couples staff Gry Mølleskog used to work in Scandinavain Airlines and now they choose one from the ministry.
Also the Norwegian court has several women at the "almost top" like the information secretary. But the Lord Chamberlain has always been a man, here you can see him with the heads of the different departments.
kongehuset.no - The Lord Chamberlain
also the marshall of the court has always been a man AFAIK, and is always a lawyer
kongehuset.no - The Marshal’s Staff
And of course (I dare say) the Chief of The King’s Military Staff is also a man
kongehuset.no - His Majesty The King’s Military Staff

the prosess of finding a new one has been quite long as Gry Mølleskog left when her position ended on January 1st 2007, and has given the press some semi juicy headlines like "noone wants to work for Haakon" and other things like that

Last edited:
Larzen said:
the prosess of finding a new one has been quite long as Gry Mølleskog left when her position ended on January 1st 2007 and has given the press some semi juicy headlines like "noone wants to work for Haakon" and other things like that

Thanks Larzen. I think almost always that is the case of when people leave their job/position after working for a royal, they tend to start saying not very nice things, well we dont know how true it is, so imo true or not, such things shouldnt be said:)

does anyone know how many people work for the crown prince/princess now?

I made this photo from the documentfilm about Mette-Marit, it shows six people, as the staff of the Cp-couple. Do anybody remember what was said in the docufilm, who are they exactly?
I know, that the woman in white blouse is the childrenpedagog and assistant of Mette-Marit. Next to her is a woman, who is also on the webside of the royalhouse, she can be a half-time servant, who should make "...washing, dusting, polishing silver and brass, taking out and sorting trash, ironing clothes and linens, and serving breakfast..."
http://i1337.photobucket.com/albums/o672/Fortimo77/Staff/Keacutep127_zps92db65f0.jpg
http://i1337.photobucket.com/albums...ASP00Z7CAI8RGWGCAK1AMTVCA3MK0_zps327fd33a.jpg

And the others? The woman with the blue pinafore could be the cook?
The young woman next to her is the nanny? And the man? The older woman in black?

Back
Top Bottom