Haakon & Mette-Marit's 40th Birthday

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Translation of the documentary veien til et kongerike (the road to a kingdom) part 2

CPMM out in the snow:

I: Does he (the CP) get frustrated because he can only go so far with his radical/activist self, up to a certain point before he has to back down again because of his role?

CPMM: I think so, of course. He does have an activist spirit, but it does come to a point where he has to stop, but he carries that with him naturally. He was a little more edgy when at Berkley. I met him just after his time at Berkley and he carried that way of life with him here. He had an international perspective in a way and he was very interested in multiculturalism and seeing Norway as part of larger whole. In the period before we got together he spent a lot of time with the boys, having fun, but when he met me everything got very serious as we had to take many serious decisions rapidly. My life was turned upside down with a newspaper front page; my life was suddenly completely different. It was very strange.

CPMM: (about the pre-wedding interview where she talks of her past) I was very focused on doing a good job and didn’t register everything. I had in mind that I had to act like a perfect princess-subject, and I wasn’t.

I: What did you lack?

CPMM: I had my son and things I’d done in the past where things that stood against me, many people thought I was unsuitable. I had Marius, and stood there with a child and every decision was taken very rapidly. I think it was hard for Haakon because he felt that in a certain way he put the institution in danger.

CPMM: (about not over-stepping) To be, as you say, on the top and not express opinions at all; it’s complicated to live in 2013 and not have opinions. That can mean that people see us a weak.

CPMM: (about being relevant) I think the Crown Prince can be relevant in regards to standing for values he finds important. In our time values are not constant. I think having a conversation with youth about values today will be much different than when we were young. They have a completely different availably to everything, many diverse expressions. I think he can play a role there. But of course it’s a challenge to be relevant, and we have to be if we are to be an institution that means something to people.

CPMM: (about whether she would have applied for the job as heir/princess) I did apply I suppose when I became Haakon’s girlfriend.

CPMM( (about sense of direction) Haakon and Martha have poor sense of direction, and get lost all the time. Martha is better than Haakon. I think it’s because they were driven everywhere by the police as kids. They never learned.

With the family skiing:

When we see them in the snow skiing they are up in the mountains near their cabin in Uvdal, and the Crown Prince said the cabin they built there was their joint project; that they found a lot and built a home togetherquite; an important piece.

The Crown Princess says they are a fast phased family, always on the move and is then called on by the children to get a move on before she can finish was she was going to say. Prince Sverre Magnus told his father he should buy a scooter as he thought it looked fun to ski after it on a rope.

ROTFLOL!! Reading that "suggestion" by Prince Sverre Magnus just created *quite* the mental image in my mind. :D

Thank you so much for the hard work of doing the translation for us. Very much appreciated. :)

Is there any link to watch a recap of what happened?

I sadly missed the entire event.

very cute and warm moment ;)

I think it wasn't posted yet, an interview with Haakon and MM on the festival:
VGTV

They are lovely. But I actually think she fondly tease him with the blanket - it was about 26 degrees, so you know, just in case her husband froze :p

Big congratulations to Haakon. It seems that everyone has fun and enjoys the festival. Cool idea. It continues today, right?

Are there any pictures of Maxima?

I didn't see her, only about WA is a photo (he stand behind King Harald).

Here is an article about the festival (what IA and MM said about Haakon):
Google Fordító

Oh, how lovely speech of IA to her Papa:
http://translate.google.hu/translat...d-alexandras-rorende-tale-til-pappa-1.7985657

Pictures:
http://www.siste.no/Innenriks/article6769229.ece
From here: http://translate.google.hu/translat...p://www.siste.no/Innenriks/article6769232.ece

This article has a video about the parachute of Haakon:
Musikkgave til kronprins Haakon på Skaugum - Norge - NRK Nyheter
Google Fordító

On the yesterday-webside of the livestream you can see now more than 2 hours from the festival:
VGTV

And Haakon's song (with other men):
VGTV

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe we will hear the reason to that this weekend. Maybe they just had other plans. And it has been also told earlier that Gustaf Magnuson and Vicky Andrén are getting married this summer, and also Emma Pernald and Tomas Jonson. Maybe it is a wedding weekend for them.

They were all in Solliden on 20th:
MYROYALS &HOLLYWOOD FASH

I don't know why they didn't attend. Maybe they didn't want to bring little Estelle to a such loud musicfestival. I hope their friendship is good, it is a very long friendship between Haakon and Victoria (and Frederick).

Last edited:
MYROYALS &HOLLYWOOD FASH

I don't know why they didn't attend. Maybe they didn't want to bring little Estelle to a such loud musicfestival. I hope their friendship is good, it is a very long friendship between Haakon and Victoria (and Frederick).

Hm, THAT really surprises me as well. I had the Impression, that the friendship between the Swedes and the Norwegians are the closest of all. So it is really surprising.... even if they spent their holidys close by....
Cannot understand that....
Bye Bine

MYROYALS &HOLLYWOOD FASH

Is it a sure fact that those pics were taken yesterday? I honestly think that V&D would have been at Hakkons party if they had the time. My guess is that they had other plans, like a friends/relatives wedding. We'll see if there are pics later on.

And speaking of pictures - are we going to see any of those from the celebration today at Skaugum?

MYROYALS &HOLLYWOOD FASH

The photos where Victoria, Daniel, Estelle and Madeleine are walking near Solliden, were taken on 11th July, not yesterday. You can find it out if you look at the original photos on PurePeople. It is sad that the bloggers give wrong or incomplete information.
Victoria de Suède et son adorable Estelle : Balade au grand air avant la fête
So far we don't know, where Victoria and Daniel were yesterday and why they didn't attend at this birthday party.

carlota said:

Thanks for the photos, carlota (and everyone else who posted some). I didn't realise that Prince Constantijn attended the party as well. The photo of him and Emma Tallulah is very nice. In the photo of Mette-Marit, Marius and Ingrid Alexandra I can also see Maud Angelica next to Ingrid. It would've been nice if Mary and Frederik, Victoria and Daniel WA and Maxima and Constantijn bought their children too seeming as the Norwegian Royal Children were present. I also like the photo of Mette-Marit and Martha Louise. It looked like it was a fun party!

Last edited:
the official photos are adorables!!!! so naturals, this is really a very simple couple.

On the FB page of the royal couple there are pictures of Haakon playing the guitar on stage with a rockband.
Great!!!!

Annika Sönnerberg from the Swedish Court press department told to Svensk Damtidning, that a Swedish presence at the Skaugum Festival was never scheduled.
- It was never up to date, she says.
Svensk Damtidning tells that the Swedish royals had a nice weekend anyway. According to eyewitnesses, a glad prince Daniel was seen with his car at a gas station in Borgholm. Princess Madeleine was in Torekov, and prince Carl Philip was seen in Båstad.
Ingen festival för Victoria och Daniel Vimmelprinsessan
Translation

Last edited:
Annika Sönnerberg from the Swedish Court press department told to Svensk Damtidning, that a Swedish presence at the Skaugum Festival was never scheduled.
- It was never up to date, she says.
Svensk Damtidning tells that the Swedish royals had a nice weekend anyway. According to eyewitnesses, a glad prince Daniel was seen with his car at a gas station in Borgholm. Princess Madeleine was in Torekov, and prince Carl Philip was seen in Båstad.
Ingen festival för Victoria och Daniel Vimmelprinsessan
Translation

:eek: I find it very strange... "It was never up to date."?? One of her best friend has birthday, Mary, Maxima were invited, but not Victoria? Or she said no? Something is happened with the ladies? MM was not on the baptism of Estelle, not on the CP-meeting in Holland...

An article with a picture about the 2. day, Haakon played on the stage with a rockband:
Party Like Nordic Royalty - Speakeasy - WSJ

Maybe Victoria and Daniel were invited but announced right away that they wouldn't attend at this kind of party/festival with a small child. I don't think there is any problems at their friendship with Mette-Marit and Haakon. Mette-Marit, Daniel and Victoria were seen talking at Madeleine's wedding on the boat trip
https://www.anpfoto.nl/search.pp?page=1&ShowPicture=23643561&pos=1
and here's a couple of gifs them joking while leaving to Drottningholm.
http://24.media.tumblr.com/6db380d5204d17d9bb1b5037f1b4d4d7/tumblr_mo8m71L2gC1r6jme9o2_r2_500.gif
http://31.media.tumblr.com/126297642d21dfa6c9e2a8cdfa6e6ef5/tumblr_mo8m71L2gC1r6jme9o3_r2_500.gif
http://31.media.tumblr.com/d90602b0dac02b12be069d086f736f4f/tumblr_mo8m71L2gC1r6jme9o4_r1_500.gif

Last edited:
Maybe Victoria and Daniel were invited but announced right away that they wouldn't attend at this kind of party/festival with a small child. I don't think there is any problems at their friendship with Mette-Marit and Haakon. Mette-Marit, Daniel and Victoria were seen talking at Madeleine's wedding on the boat trip
https://www.anpfoto.nl/search.pp?page=1&ShowPicture=23643561&pos=1
and here's a couple of gifs them joking while leaving to Drottningholm.
http://24.media.tumblr.com/6db380d5204d17d9bb1b5037f1b4d4d7/tumblr_mo8m71L2gC1r6jme9o2_r2_500.gif
http://31.media.tumblr.com/126297642d21dfa6c9e2a8cdfa6e6ef5/tumblr_mo8m71L2gC1r6jme9o3_r2_500.gif
http://31.media.tumblr.com/d90602b0dac02b12be069d086f736f4f/tumblr_mo8m71L2gC1r6jme9o4_r1_500.gif

Yes, I remember, that they talked with eachother, so I hope also that there is nothing wrong with this friendship. Both ladies are very nice, friendly, downtoearth persons, and Victoria is IA's godmother. This festival was really not for such a little baby as Estelle, so maybe it was the reason why they didn't attend.

Maybe Victoria and Daniel were invited but announced right away that they wouldn't attend at this kind of party/festival with a small child.
Yes, but...they could have left the small child home....
They didn't have to bring Estelle to Norway, didn't they?

Yes, but...they could have left the small child home....
They didn't have to bring Estelle to Norway, didn't they?

But that is just the point - I think that of course they would have taken Estelle with them, they don't want to be away from their daughter for two days.

But that is just the point - I think that of course they would have taken Estelle with them, they don't want to be away from their daughter for two days.

Or their daughter doesn't want to be away from them...
My daughter is in the same age as Estelle, in this age they are very on "mother-centered", they can't understand that mum goes, but also comes back. Even a few hours are very long for them without us, not to speak about two days. And this event was not so important if we see it from this point of view.
But maybe Daniel or the other members of the swedish royals could go to this party. Or are MM and Haakon not so good friends with Madde and Carl-Philip as with Victoria?

Or their daughter doesn't want to be away from them...
My daughter is in the same age as Estelle, in this age they are very on "mother-centered", they can't understand that mum goes, but also comes back. Even a few hours are very long for them without us, not to speak about two days. And this event was not so important if we see it from this point of view.
But maybe Daniel or the other members of the swedish royals could go to this party. Or are MM and Haakon not so good friends with Madde and Carl-Philip as with Victoria?

Or even better..... Little Estelle is daddy-centered. ;-)

We can probably assume CP Victoria and P Daniel were invited but declined the invitation. We have no idea if they already have celebrated Haakon's birthday together in some other way or if they have something planned.

The type of birthday bash that Haakon had is not appealing to everyone. And close longtime friends certainly can find other opportunities to celebrate together.

Back
Top Bottom