Haakon and Mette-Marit picture thread: part 2

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

norwegianne

Majesty
City
Rogaland
Country
Norway
Welcome to part 2. This is the place to post older pictures of Haakon and Mette-Marit and their family. The older thread can be found here.

Please bear in mind that TRF's attachment policy says that only images for the current events threads should be uploaded directly to the forum. Instead we urge you to share your pictures by other means.

Have fun, and don't forget to credit your sources.

I noticed that some of you were puzzled by the word "hjemmekino" - it means home entertainment system (you know, dvd, surround speakers, a flat screen tv (or a projector and white screen).

It's not a big thing though (only Se og Hør seem think so), and I don't think it is so strange that they would invest in such equipment, when every other Norwegian does :) I guess they would use it to show cartoons on dvd :D

THanks KikkiB! Here is a picture in London, from the Swedish paper Aftonbladet:
NYHETER-29s11-mette-64_368.jpg

LaMinka said:
THanks KikkiB! Here is a picture in London, from the Swedish paper Aftonbladet:

When was this one taken? It doesn't look like Mette-Marit is pregnant so it couldn't have been the recent trip.

I think a couple of years ago they moved to London so Haakon could study at the London School of Economics in 2002/2003. So it says in Royalty magazine.

this was taken sometime around 2002-2003, when they were living in London

Thank you both! I thought it was taken then, but I wasn't too sure.:)

One of the first acts after they returned from their hooneymoon on sept 21st 2001 They travelled by train to Bergen to open the year of volounteer work.
Fotos from cover, I love her shoes

Last edited:
A big photo from VG of Haakon, MM, Marius, and IA earlier this year

1133618762987859xu.jpg

I love they, I can't believe Mette-Marit beeing a Queen, she will be the coolest queen ever :p ;)
:D

when looking at today's newspaper, i stumble at this picture of Thai King receiving audience with Indonesian President...
and taking a much closer look... look who's picture is on the king's table??

well.. it's no other than Haakon & Mette-Marit !!

it's the same one appeared on kongehuset.no. they must've given the photo on their visit to Thailand last year.
what a sweet gesture from the Thai King to put the picture there...

(picture scanned from kompas)

i was looking for the photos of nobel cermony and would like to see phtos from each year when mettemarit attened it togather with Hakoon i think it has been twice

3120204rr.jpg
cakx6fkf8tq.jpg
cabv2n563cd.jpg

1this one is polfoto
2 this is from cover
3 its from allover press

have i missed a year

Last edited:
purple_platinum said:
when looking at today's newspaper, i stumble at this picture of Thai King receiving audience with Indonesian President...
and taking a much closer look... look who's picture is on the king's table??

well.. it's no other than Haakon & Mette-Marit !!

it's the same one appeared on kongehuset.no. they must've given the photo on their visit to Thailand last year.
what a sweet gesture from the Thai King to put the picture there...

(picture scanned from kompas)
Wow, that's really incredible! What a sweet and honourable gesture. Thanks for finding out this little detail for us.

thank you i found the 2003 photos

onw quastian how many of the may 17 has mettemarit and Hakoon been to official events togather like on the belcony

Last edited:
GrandDuchess said:
Wow, that's really incredible! What a sweet and honourable gesture. Thanks for finding out this little detail for us.

thank you for your sweet words, GrandDuchess..
i also found this surprising and indeed, sweet gesture..:) :)

Your eyesight is spectacular for even noticing that!!!! Wow!!!

Pictures from an interview in KK in 2001

Frederik visiting Haakon and Mette-Marit at their summmerhouse some weeks before the wedding

source:cover

Royal Children

Im not intending to be mean it is just an opinion but I feel that Mette-Marits elder son is a lot more good looking than the children she had with Haakon. I dont know if anyone feels the same way or not? But when I first saw pictures of them, they did not strike me as been pretty babies....like the Belgium royal babies or even the new Danish prince

Even looking at pictures of the little Dutch princesse...they are sooooo cute....pretty children

RoXyGiRl said:
Im not intending to be mean it is just an opinion but I feel that Mette-Marits elder son is a lot more good looking than the children she had with Haakon. I dont know if anyone feels the same way or not? But when I first saw pictures of them, they did not strike me as been pretty babies....like the Belgium royal babies or even the new Danish prince

I think Ingrid Alexandra and Sverre Magnus are beautiful children. You're entitled to your own opinion, though. However, I hope I don't offend anyone when I say that I don't find the new Danish prince particularly cute, either. When comparing closeups of Sverre and Lilleprinsen, Sverre is a lot cuter, I find.

However, Ingrid and Sverre are starting to look more like Mette-Marit. And Marius resembles his mother a lot.

Well babys do grow up and most of the time change dramatically. I never thought Dutch Princess Amelia was cute as a baby but know she is adorable. I think Ingrid looks like her father. I think Ingrid is so cute.

Larzen said:
Pictures from an interview in KK in 2001

That are some pretty pictures of M-M, Larzen! Thanks for posting them!

moosey60 said:
However, Ingrid and Sverre are starting to look more like Mette-Marit. And Marius resembles his mother a lot.

Yes, I think so too! When it comes to Marius, I think he's a real Mette-Marit clone! He just looks so much like his mother! :)

RoXyGiRl said:

I totally agree. Marius is so beautiful!! Ingrid Alexandra is cute but I don´t find her pretty at all. I hope she gets better in some years when her hair grows.

RoXyGiRl said:

I like Marius a lot. I think he is a very lovely child. But I also think that Ingrid Alexandra and Sverre Magnus are gorgeous. I adore little Ingrid-Alexandra. Marius is a lot like Mette-Marit and Ingrid Alexandra is a mixture of Mette-Marit and Haakon (and that suite).

Back
Top Bottom