Haakon and Mette-Marit hosting dinners at Skaugum

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

norwegianne

Majesty
City
Rogaland
Country
Norway
Mette-Marit and Haakon will be hosting a feast at Skaugum in October, as Mette-Marit is high protector for the telethon Hjerterom (Place in the heart). In occasion of Hjerterom, the people arranging it has gone out and asked that counties, communities and others invite people who not normally are gathered to a feast. This is what Mette-Marit and Haakon will be doing. Those getting invited will be connected to the various organizations connected to Hjerterom.

http://www.vg.no/pub/vgart.hbs?artid=244113

Kronprinsparet

I løpet av 2004 har kronprinsesse Mette-Marit møtt mange mennesker ved flere av prosjektene til Kirkens Bymisjon og Rådet for psykisk helse, som får støtte fra årets TV-aksjon.
TV-aksjonen har introdusert gjestebud som en måte å bringe mennesker sammen på som kanskje ellers ikke møtes, og har oppfordret kommuner, foreninger, bedrifter og privatpersoner til å arrangere gjestebud. I den anledning ønsker kronprinsen og kronprinsessen å invitere til gjestebud på Skaugum fredag 15. oktober 2004, heter det i en pressemelding fra Slottet.
Kronprinsparet ønsker å invitere mennesker som er i målgruppen for TV-aksjonen. Gjestene vil være mennesker som på ulike måter er berørt av tematikken i Hjerterom.

Haakon and Mette-Marit hosting Hjerterom/Heartspace dinner '04

There's an article and some pics in the GRE bout CP and CPss hosting a dinner for lonely elderly, people wif drug problem etc at their home. I think it's wonderful and refreshing to see a CP couple hosting a dinner for the common people for a change. I really like this couple, they dare to be unique and individual, to strive out on their own and make their own mark on life.

Courtesy of the Glittering Royal Events MB, text and pictures of a dinner hosted by the Crown Princely couple at their home.

The big yearly money collection on TV is on Sunday, this year it is called Heartspace and focuses on the lesser priveliged in the Norwegian society. Today Haakon and Mette-Marit had invited 50 people to Skaugum. Among the invited were lonely older people, people with drug problems, mental health problems and users of the childrens protective services (Cant find a good english word for "barnevernet").

Copyright Source: ANB

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 1,263
  • b.jpg
    b.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 1,038
  • c.jpg
    c.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 1,125
  • d.jpg
    d.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 1,099
  • e.jpg
    e.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 1,404
  • f.jpg
    f.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 1,001
Last edited by a moderator:
Great photos, Alexandria. I really like Mette-Marit's skirt...very interesting!

Haakon and Mette-Marit hosting dinners for various members of Norwegian society

Haakon and Mette-Marit host a dinner for some of the top business people in Norway.

I HATE her outfit, shes shortended a dress she wore to a dinner with Jimmy Carter some years ago, and it adds alot of weight especially combined with a not wonderful posture. You could hardly see her looking pregnant at the exhibition because she wore a tailored suit, but this was just bad (and shiny)

Also two more from the filmfestival

Attachments

• mm.jpg
    mm.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 624
  • film.jpg
    film.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 314
  • film2.jpg
    film2.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 328
  • skaugum.jpg
    skaugum.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 1,230
Last edited:
Haakon and Mette-Marit hosting Hjerterum dinners

When you see Mette smile in the pictures above, you can't possibly think that she needs to "work" on her smile, as somebody suggested.

Can anybody tell me how this dinner was set up? Did they invite people with mental health problems? How did they do this? You can't just go up to somebody and say, excuse me, do you have mental health problems? We're actually having this little party tonight and if you suffer from acute paranoia we'd love you to come...

???

I belive the council of Mental Health selected the invited among the users of their facilities. The guests included people with substance problems, singel mothers, people with mental problems, lonely older people, just people that struggles with their day to day life in different ways.

Larzen said:
I belive the council of Mental Health selected the invited among the users of their facilities. The guests included people with substance problems, singel mothers, people with mental problems, lonely older people, just people that struggles with their day to day life in different ways.
Thanks Larzen!;)

Larzen said:

Thanks for the information, Larzen!
I still find the concept funny, though. I can't decided if I'd be flattered to invited to such an occasion or if I'd resent being invited for being other than average (the "token weirdo").

Larzen said:
I think that they do really well acknowledging in public that there are those and all kinds of social issues in Norway. Excellent:)

Hi Guys! What's up?!I do not mean to be rude, b/c I really like Mette-Marit but when did she get so boring? I mean to say, she is settled and very happy with her family but still, she seems to garner the same amount of attention as the older royal members not the younger set ie CP Mary, Maxima..-I remember when they were first living together- I was so rooting for her-and then living in London- all the activity but she seemed to be more, I don't know, in tune with herself and now..I guess she has become a perfect princess princess but still.. MM show some sauciness!!!

kwanfan said:
A link to an article in Norwegian about the dinner that Mette-Marit & Haakon hosted for athletes. http://www.aftenposten.no/nyheter/kongelige/article1539947.ece
The article provides a list of all the athletes that attended and the sports they do.
Mette-Marit did not attend, she has problems with her back, she is not going to the mental health conference in Stavanger tomorrow either, Haakon is going instead:neutral:

Pictures of Haakon with all the athletes
http://www.side2.no/kjendis/article809818.ece

Last edited:
Larzen said:
Mette-Marit did not attend, she has problems with her back, she is not going to the mental health conference in Stavanger tomorrow either, Haakon is going instead:neutral:

Pictures of Haakon with all the athletes
http://www.side2.no/kjendis/article809818.ece
That's too bad. Although I can imagine back problems would make it tough to stand and shake hands with so many people. Hopefully she'll be feeling better soon.

Also invited was people working int he psychiatry and volounteers
www.siste.no has 50 picutres, they can be enlarged by pressing the little symbol under the picture
http://www.siste.no/bildeserier/article2443494.ece

It looks like she is wearing the top she wore for the spanish gala but the effect is yet again frumpy. She needs to spruce it up a little, her clothes are just to plain lately, and if she insits on long hair do something with it. especially in the evenings

corazon said:
yeah, she look pregnant but it's posible she only is fat, she never lost the weight of sverre's pregnancy
I think she has got a bump since the birth of her kids and I think the cut of this blouse is very unvavourable.
But I would never call her fat! :ohmy:

Her figure makes her look pregnant too IMO; she leans a bit with her belly forward..
And her belly in the light blue blouse, is'nt so visible, I can't either call it 'fat' of 'pregnant'. It is just the blouse hanging and Mette's leaning with her belly forward.

I love the CP couple for their work in this area! It's really great to see them hosting events like this.

anyway, that's what I call a black outfit.:ermm:
Mette dressed in black from head to tie... she looked like she attended a funeral... I just wished she would wear skin colored stockings next time!

Pictures:

Forhåndsvisning av 'anballe20071026-1055.jpg' - FotoWeb 3.0
Forhåndsvisning av 'anballe20071026-1054.jpg' - FotoWeb 3.0
Forhåndsvisning av 'anballe20071026-1053.jpg' - FotoWeb 3.0
Forhåndsvisning av 'anballe20071026-1051.jpg' - FotoWeb 3.0

Last edited:
I love the CP couple for their work in this area! It's really great to see them hosting events like this.

anyway, that's what I call a black outfit.:ermm:
Mette dressed in black from head to tie... she looked like she attended a funeral... I just wished she would wear skin colored stockings next time!

Pictures:

Forhåndsvisning av 'anballe20071026-1055.jpg' - FotoWeb 3.0
Forhåndsvisning av 'anballe20071026-1054.jpg' - FotoWeb 3.0
Forhåndsvisning av 'anballe20071026-1053.jpg' - FotoWeb 3.0
Forhåndsvisning av 'anballe20071026-1051.jpg' - FotoWeb 3.0

Not her best outfit but the shoes are, as always, PRECIOUS!!!:rolleyes:

Not her best outfit but the shoes are, as always, PRECIOUS!!!:rolleyes:
Actually I think the dress is quite nice!
The cut and the sleeves are really pretty!
It's just a pity there is no light contrast ;).

why is it when the cp couple meet with people at Skaugum the pictures which we get are all taken side-ways.Dissapointing since we cant see their faces. MM looks nice, cute dress but too much black going on.
Does anyone know if the Crown prince gives a speech during the dinner or does he just meet with them? It would be nice to know their comments on what they do

Courtesy of the Glittering Royal Events MB, text and pictures of a dinner hosted by the Crown Princely couple at their home.

The big yearly money collection on TV is on Sunday, this year it is called Heartspace and focuses on the lesser priveliged in the Norwegian society. Today Haakon and Mette-Marit had invited 50 people to Skaugum. Among the invited were lonely older people, people with drug problems, mental health problems and users of the childrens protective services (Cant find a good english word for "barnevernet").

Copyright Source: ANB

Is this the first time the CP Couple have hosted this kind of dinner ?? What a great idea (older people are so often forgotten) and CP Mette-Marit looks lovely. Hats off to them, what a wonderful treat for those 50-people

Is this the first time the CP Couple have hosted this kind of dinner ?? What a great idea (older people are so often forgotten) and CP Mette-Marit looks lovely. Hats off to them, what a wonderful treat for those 50-people

Yes, they first did it in 2004, and have repeated the experience every year. They also host dinners for other members of the society, not just the elderly or the lonely, but athletes, business people, and so on. But the elderly, lonely, and those on the outskirts of society seem to be more frequent than the others, as Mette-Marit is the patron of Mental Health.

Back
Top Bottom