Haakon & Mette-Marit FAQ

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LaMinka said:
When is Mette-Marits birthday?

you can see it on the front page of the royal forums far down
there is a calander
comming events and birthdays

Thanks Josephine! 19th August, thanks again!

LaMinka said:
Thanks Josephine! 19th August, thanks again!

no problem the royal forum calander is great i hope our members will fill it with royal dates

That's so cool, I love Red Hot Chili Peppers :p Is my favorite band, and I havent idea that Haakon likes RHCP too :D
Haakon is the coolest prince evah :p

Mette Marit FAQ

I think this could be a good thread where people can post questions about Mette Marit, be it serious (her past, even though it's been beaten to death) to more informal stuff (favorite food, color etc) of course inappropriate stuff would not be allowed

maybe it's just me, I just don't know that much about her and would like to find out more. And maybe others have questions too and we can sort of help each other out.

I would like to know where did she grow up? and whether she has an university degree or not

Thanks in advance

crisiñaki said:
I would like to know where did she grow up? and whether she has an university degree or not

Thanks in advance

Crown Princess Mette-Marit is a daughter of now-divorced journalist Sven O. Høiby and Marit Tjessem. The crown princess has a sister and two elder brothers, and grew up in Kristiansand in the southern part of Norway. She spent many weekends and holidays were spent in the nearby valley of Setesdal and at the seaside, where she learned to sail. During her youth she was active in the local youth club Sletteheia, where she was also an activity leader. As a teenager she played a volleyball, qualifying as referee and coach.
After starting at Oddernes upper secondary school in Kristiansand, Mette-Marit spent six months at Wangaratta High School in Australia, as an exchange student. Some time thereafter, she attended Kristiansand Katedralskole, where she passed her final examinations in 1994. After another break from her studies, Mette-Marit attended Bjørknes Private School for a while, and then took examen philosophicum (the preliminary university examination) at Agder College.
By her own admission, Mette-Marit went through an unconventional phase before she met Crown Prince Haakon Magnus. As a part-time student, it took longer than usual to complete her high school education before going on to take preparatory university courses at Agder Regional College. She then worked for a year at a café in Oslo.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mette-Marit

this is all that I got from wikipedia, I'm sure others can elaborate further if they have any other interesting tidbits!

She has a degree in Anthropology...I read it in the magazine Vanidades.

Mathilde1286 said:
She has a degree in Anthropology...I read it in the magazine Vanidades.

Mette-Marit may have taken courses related to, but she doesn't have a degree in Anthropology.

Self education is the most important...

It's great to have a degree. It really is more important these days than ever before...however, being self taught is most important, though!!

I think Mette-Marit has taken a lot of courses.....but I think her degree is in Asian Studies?

Aussie Princess said:
I think Mette-Marit has taken a lot of courses.....but I think her degree is in Asian Studies?
I don't think she's got a degree in Asian studies, she may have studied it while she was in London. The royal webpage does not mention her having a degree in anything, which I think they would have done if she had got an actual degree. It mentions that she studied development at The School of Oriental and African Studies at the University of London - but not that she gained an actual degree.

Oh. It seems she has studied enough to be able to get a degree, so it's a bit of a shame to not get formal recognition for all her hard work.

I've heard that people at the beginning did not like the idea of her joining the royal family because of her past (I'm not sure what do they mean by that), does anyone have more info about this? Thanks.

I think people had an issue with the people she had been associated with, the
club scene she was in (I think thats what they call it- or is it the house party scene), and that she had a child out of wedlock. Even if she had cut ties to her past people were probably affraid that her past would come back to haunt her.

amina1 said:
I've heard that people at the beginning did not like the idea of her joining the royal family because of her past (I'm not sure what do they mean by that), does anyone have more info about this? Thanks.

Does Haakon Play Polo? Does He have a Favorite Movie?

Royal Fan said:
Does Haakon Play Polo? Does He have a Favorite Movie?
As far as I know, Haakon doesn't play polo. I've never seen many pictures of him at horse at all.

Paula** said:
That's so cool, I love Red Hot Chili Peppers :p Is my favorite band, and I havent idea that Haakon likes RHCP too :D
Haakon is the coolest prince evah :p

That's fantastic, you and the Prince share the same love for TRHCP as every teenager in America, including myself!

Ani

Mette-Marit's job before marriage

I have a question I've been meaning for a while.

I've read that Mette-Marit used to be a waitress. Did she wait tables when she was dating Haakon? if not, what did she do? did she continue to do this work when they co-habitated before their engagement?

it would be strange to go into a restaurant and be waited on by someone whose face you've just seen on the covers of all the tabloids.

pollyemma said:
I have a question I've been meaning for a while.

I've read that Mette-Marit used to be a waitress. Did she wait tables when she was dating Haakon? if not, what did she do? did she continue to do this work when they co-habitated before their engagement?

it would be strange to go into a restaurant and be waited on by someone whose face you've just seen on the covers of all the tabloids.

As far as I know (and I just checked with Melnaes's book) she worked as a waitress a few nights a week when she was studying, but before she met Hakoon. It doesn't say if she continued waitressing then. She started to take on a job at her friend's boutique when it was already known that she was Hakoon's girlfriend. Apparently the press began to hound her so she stopped working there.

Mette-Marit has blond hair and her sister Kristin has brown hair. Is Mette-Marit's hair natural? I've always wanted to know that

Random piece of trivia from wikipedia: Prince Haakon was the one who lit the olympic flame at the 1994 winter olympics.

His favourite DJ apparently is Fat Boy Slim!:lol:

Nouvelle said:
Mette-Marit has blond hair and her sister Kristin has brown hair. Is Mette-Marit's hair natural? I've always wanted to know that

I asked this very same question a few months ago because I have never seen her hair another color or even slightly another color. However another poster pointed out a few pics to me at that time. So below is the link where this has been discussed it's the first post on the page from MM's hats, headwear, and hairstyles thread. Plus just a week ago during a state visit there was another close-up of MM taken with her running her fingers through her hair in the pic you can clearly see her roots are more of a dirty blonde color that pic is the second link I have below. :)

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f63/princess-mette-marits-hats-headwear-hairstyles-1117-6.html?highlight=Mette-Marit+hair

http://www.anp-photo.com/search.pp?page=3&ShowPicture=5498403&pos=24

Last edited:
Aurora810 said:
I asked this very same question a few months ago because I have never seen her hair another color or even slightly another color. However another poster pointed out a few pics to me at that time. So below is the link where this has been discussed it's the first post on the page from MM's hats, headwear, and hairstyles thread. Plus just a week ago during a state visit there was another close-up of MM taken with her running her fingers through her hair in the pic you can clearly see her roots are more of a dirty blonde color that pic is the second link I have below. :)

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f63/princess-mette-marits-hats-headwear-hairstyles-1117-6.html?highlight=Mette-Marit+hair

ANP Beeldbank

thank you very much!!! I have to admit that Mette-Marit looks wonderful with blonde hair, she's beautiful

Question about Haakon. Did he complete military school? I read that he did if so what school?

Thank you for so quick response. Haakon has impressive bio. :) My question was inspired by info I just read here about numerous military trainings prince had.

To qing chang:

Ahead of his 35th birthday,HRH Crown Prince Haakon:

ANP Beeldbank

courtesy Royalimages.
:flowers:

i wondewhat exactly would have happeen if king harald and the parliament had refuse the marriage of of prince haakon and mette-marit.it would seem as an act of cowardice .And the fact that when i was reading a page from aftenposten i read that king harald had suggest that if the late king olav were alive he would have embrace the new controversial part of the royal family especially mette-marit.Actually im certain of that king olav would've never allow the marriages of prince haakon and of his sister martha louise to their partner .Its sad to learn that king haakon worst nightmare had come to reality just 11 years after his death by harald marry sonja

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom