The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-10-2005, 02:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy
Norwegian tradition (also sometimes scandinavian), the person wears the left glove and holds the right glove in the left hand so that she can shake hand with the bare hand.
It's not just Norwegian tradition, it's etiquette :)

Old 05-09-2005, 04:44 PM
Heir Apparent

From HELLO!

Crown Princess Mette-Marit voted 'Royal Wedding's Queen of Chic'

Norway's reputation for style isn't quite so well-established as that of France of Italy, but the country's crown princess has proved herself a bona-fide fashion queen. After nearly 20,000 of you logged on to vote for the most elegant guest at the recent royal wedding, Mette-Marit has emerged the clear victor.

Crown Prince Haakon's pretty wife took 30 per cent of the vote in our online poll, thanks to the intricately-detailed deep purple jacket and skirt she wore to Charles and Camilla's big day. The pregnant mother of two, who completed the look with a delicate feather headdress, was very much the belle of the ball on April 9 in Windsor.

Princess Margaret's daughter Lady Sarah Chatto came a respectable second with a sophisticated silver-grey suit and matching broad-brimmed hat, while Princess Eugenie took third with an appropriately coloured royal blue coatdress. And although Tara Palmer-Tomkinson and Zara Phillips rounded out the top five with more striking prints, Sophie Wessex was hot on their heels in white.

The other contenders, who included Laura Parker Bowles and Joanna Lumley, didn't garner quite so many votes as their fellow guests. But despite the many style statements that were made at the reception, it was the bride herself, in a stunning porcelain blue silk coat-gown, who received the most plaudits from the fashion police.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	elegantguest-dop1a.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	21.5 KB
ID:	139642  

Old 05-09-2005, 04:49 PM
Heir Apparent

I posted news & pics from an event with both Crown Prince Haakon & Queen Sonja in the new Family news & pictures thread

Norwegian newspaper 'Dagbladet' also proudly notes Mette-Marit's win in the HELLO! poll, as 20 000 readers voted and 30% of the total votes went to her. They "honour" the occasion with these recent pics:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mm_henvsak.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	23.4 KB
ID:	139643   Click image for larger version

Name:	mm_jyttenielsen.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	139644  
Old 05-09-2005, 04:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Well, I thought she looked good. I'm not to sure about her hats, but in this case it suited the outfit. A traditional hat might have made the suit look frumpy, I think.
Old 05-09-2005, 04:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

All I will say is that there was not many well dressed women in that wedding with the exception of Camilla and Lady Chatto....I still cant get over the silver shoes

Im eagerly avaiting\dreading what headconstructions she will be sporting in the comming days, the statevisit will be quite formal so I assume hats will be necessary.
Old 05-11-2005, 12:56 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larzen
All I will say is that there was not many well dressed women in that wedding with the exception of Camilla and Lady Chatto....I still cant get over the silver shoes

Im eagerly avaiting\dreading what headconstructions she will be sporting in the comming days, the statevisit will be quite formal so I assume hats will be necessary.
So true. There really wasn't anyone who was particularly stunning or who wore something that really caught the eye.

I didn't like Mette-Marit's choice of suit because I thought that the cut of it was a bit matronly for such a young woman. It wasn't awful, but she could have looked so much better. I liked the hat. I didn't particulary care for the style when they first appeared because they were so different. However, Mette Marit is one woman who really wears the style well and has helped to change my opinion. I think that it suits her. Many of the other women who attended the wedding wore the same style or something similar and it didn't suit them at all.

I agree with the silver shoes. That was the choice that I found to be awful. It simply didn't look good.